League Supporting 1v1 Tournament @ March 30th Saturday - Prize

Tournament discussion and registration.
Impregnable
Level 3

League Supporting 1v1 Tournament @ March 30th Saturday - Prize

Postby Impregnable » Tue 12 Mar, 2019 12:52 pm

- The organizer has the right to alter any rules during the tournament to adapt to various needs that arise.
- I will refrain from altering rules during the tournament as best as I can in order to keep consistency in applying rules but will not hesitate to intervene if the need arises.

Preamble
When I first started organizing tournaments back in June of 2016, I decided to do 2v2 tournaments because looking back at past records showed that 2v2 was underrepresented and there were only a few tourneys done for 2v2. At the same time, Atlas' MRT was still a regular thing so I wanted to provide a different mode for tournaments. Then, suddenly Atlas had to put most of his time in patching work and 1v1 scene largely fell into dark age without any tournaments for a very long time. Horrible influence from the warp in the form of DOW3 did not help either. This is why I am very grateful towards Adila who decided to do a league format which can engage players for a long time.

However, league format requires commitment across a long term period and is not fitting for players who can only do a one day all games format of MRTs of the past. Of course, this is not Adila's fault. If we can make players engaged over a longer period of time, the better. He also has limited time and effort resources for organizing so doing MRT and the league at the same time is not possible. This holds same for me. I cannot regularly organize both 2v2 and 1v1 tournaments at the same time but I can at least from time to time like once in 6 months do a 1v1 tournament like this to fill in the gap that Adila's league cannot fulfill for certain players. Therefore, this tournament is named League Supporting 1v1 tournament because it aims to do what the name suggests.

Those who cannot commit to the league, those who wants to practice in tournament environment as not to dull the skill in between leagues and those who are eliminated from the league due to many losses but still wants to do a tournament while waiting for the next league season are all welcome to join. Those who wants to taste what it feels like in the league in terms of rules and format are also welcome because rules and format are exactly the same for this one day tournament only with little alteration as to fit in one day tournament format. I sincerely hope this tournament can further help Adila in getting more hype for his league.

1. When does it start?
Date: March 30th Saturday
Time: 5 pm UTC
Convert to your timezone here >>> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... =1440&ah=6
WARNING: THIS IS NOT 5PM IN YOUR LOCAL TIME. MUST CLICK ON THE LINK TO CONVERT TO YOUR LOCAL TIME.

2. Who can join?
Anyone can join regardless of the skill level but expect no mercy for seeding.

3. What is the format?
Victory Point Control: 500 VPs
Starting Location: Random
Resources: Standard
- The tournament will be played in the 1 v 1 format.
- The tournament will be played on the 2.9.1 patch.
- It's going to be a double elimination tournament and we'll play as many signups as possible.

4. Hosting and Refereeing
1. Turning on ESL reporter is mandatory.
2. There will be no referees for this one so I expect each player to know rules by his or her heart.
3. Would be great if observing players can help out players in game in regards to rules.

5. Maps & hero picks.
Map Picking First -> Hero Picking Second

Map Pick - Applies to both Below Semifinals and Semifinal/Finals matches
- Map pick is always done first before the Hero Pick.
- The same map can only be played once in a BO.
- Maps that are variants of other maps, such as Calderis Refinery and Valderus Refinery, will count as one map.
- Each player can veto 1 map during a match. That map is then banned for the rest of the BO.
- The player on the top bracket(Top of the box) always casts a veto first.

Hero Pick - Applies to both Below Semifinals and Semifinal/Finals matches
- You can only play your heroes once each match.
- Each player has 1 hero veto per game. The veto only lasts for 1 game.
- This means veto is not possible in the last match of BO5 because each player will end up with only 1 hero to pick.

Below Semifinals matches (BO3)
- This is same for below Loser's Semifinals matches
- Elite League Season 3 Map Picker https://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/60_gg3YgV
1st Game
Map Pick - Chosen by Map Picker
Hero Pick - The player in the top bracket(Top of the box) picks a hero first
2nd Game
Hero Pick - The player who won the previous game has to lock into a hero first
3rd Game
Hero Pick - The player who won the previous game has to lock into a hero first

Semifinals and Finals (BO5)
- This is same for Loser's Semifinals and Finals
1st Game
Map Pick - Fixed(Can be found on brackets)
Hero Pick - The player in the top bracket(Top of the box) picks a hero first(Have a look at brackets for boxes)
2nd Game
Map Pick - The player who lost the previous game chooses
Hero Pick - The player in the bottom bracket(Bottom of the box) picks a hero first
3rd Game
4th Game
Hero Pick - The player in the bottom bracket(Bottom of the box) picks a hero first
5th Game

6. Map Pool.
Ashes of Typhon
Calderis Refinery
Green Tooth Gorge
Green Tooth jungle Rx
Judgement of Carrion
Leviathan Hive
Outer Reaches
Quests Heresy
Siwal Frontier
Fedrid Folly
Jarilos Forge
Vulcan Pits
Calderis Desert
Selenon Island
Seraph Palace

7. Punishment for Disconnections/Dropping
The offender loses disconnected/dropped game. ESL reporter replays are used as a proof.

8. Punishment for Tardiness
The offender is eliminated from the tournament.

9. Prize Pool
If any prizes are donated. It will be listed here.
Your name will be mentioned here as a token of gratitude and eternal glory in the Elite Mod community.
We naturally can accommodate If you wish to stay anonymous.
Prizes will be distributed depending on the final prize pool.
If it is in form of steam games, top 3 players will each pick a game starting from 1st player ending with 3rd player. If more than 3 games are donated 4th and even lower status players will each have a say in order of their ending status.
In case cash is donated, 1st player receives 6/10 of the prize money while 2nd player receives 3/10 and 3rd player receives 1/10 of the prize money.

If you wish to donate, contact Impregnable directly on steam or discord.
Steam - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008307003/
Discord - Impregnable#8903

Prizepool at the moment
Donations:
BbBoS: €25

10. Signing up
Please write down your 5 hero picks or random and your Steam id.

11. Brackets
https://challonge.com/5nm5jycb

12. Hero picks
It is posted at discussion tab of the brackets website.
Last edited by Impregnable on Mon 18 Mar, 2019 3:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Re: League Supporting 1v1 Tournament @ March 30th Saturday

Postby BbBoS » Tue 12 Mar, 2019 7:29 pm

Add me down as a streamer :P

https://www.twitch.tv/bbbos

Edit - 25 Euro's to be donated to the tournament (updated my post as requested by Impregnable)
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 5:46 pm

Kommando Nob
Mekboy
Chaos Lord
Apothecary
Lord General

@Impregnable
Thanks for supporting the game with all three tourney formats; 3v3 MFW - 2v2 MTT - 1v1 LS ; I got a request if you are able to do so mate:
Since you are covering 3v3,2v2 tourneys; and we barely have 1v1 tourneys (Adila is doing a fantastic job on "ELeague" but not all of us who are passionate about 1v1s can join that due to the lack of time); could you also run the MRTs as well? (I know it is atlas's thing; but mb u can do it co-op when he is around and when he is not u can do it which would be awesome) if you do i am sure many would join in monthly and many would donate for the prize pool. The 1v1 tourneys are easier to run than the team games also, if you do that would be absolutely great!

anyhow appreciate your hard work so far!
Impregnable
Level 3

Postby Impregnable » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 6:50 pm

Rostam wrote:Kommando Nob
Mekboy
Chaos Lord
Apothecary
Lord General

@Impregnable
Thanks for supporting the game with all three tourney formats; 3v3 MFW - 2v2 MTT - 1v1 LS ; I got a request if you are able to do so mate:
Since you are covering 3v3,2v2 tourneys; and we barely have 1v1 tourneys (Adila is doing a fantastic job on "ELeague" but not all of us who are passionate about 1v1s can join that due to the lack of time); could you also run the MRTs as well? (I know it is atlas's thing; but mb u can do it co-op when he is around and when he is not u can do it which would be awesome) if you do i am sure many would join in monthly and many would donate for the prize pool. The 1v1 tourneys are easier to run than the team games also, if you do that would be absolutely great!

Sadly, won't be able to do this regularly but I can try once every 6 months or so.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 8:01 pm

Impregnable wrote:
Rostam wrote:@Impregnable

Sadly, won't be able to do this regularly but I can try once every 6 months or so.

I understand. well, we always have the 2v2s that should be close to 1v1s :)

Also on second thought. Please put me on reserve for now.
Will tell you if i can attend this ,on the day of the event. but if i do, I have the same hero picks as I mentioned above. thanks
Last edited by Rostam on Fri 15 Mar, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tournaments”