HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

User avatar
Aguxyz
Level 3
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat 01 Mar, 2014 10:00 am
Location: USA,California

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Aguxyz » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 12:55 am

Ritterina wrote:i knew that many of you are brainless idiots but criticizing a game that you didn't even play..... so stupid

I knew that many of you dow3 fanboys are brainless idiots about a dead game that nobody plays..... so stupid
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:12 am

Aguxyz wrote:
Ritterina wrote:i knew that many of you are brainless idiots but criticizing a game that you didn't even play..... so stupid

I knew that many of you dow3 fanboys are brainless idiots about a dead game that nobody plays..... so stupid


Keep in mind that the playerbase is currently similar to DoW 2 when you say that :lol: The embarrassing part is how fast it died.
Ritterina
Level 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat 15 Jul, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Ritterina » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:16 am

Aguxyz wrote:
Ritterina wrote:i knew that many of you are brainless idiots but criticizing a game that you didn't even play..... so stupid

I knew that many of you dow3 fanboys are brainless idiots about a dead game that nobody plays..... so stupid

Well, no one cares about your opinion
User avatar
egewithin
Level 5
Posts: 1129
Joined: Mon 26 Jan, 2015 7:08 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby egewithin » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 11:25 am

Ritterina wrote:Well, no one cares about your opinion


I would care any opinion that is NOT coming from a DoW III fan.
Current Name : Sex - Murder - Art
User avatar
Psycho
Level 3
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu 24 Dec, 2015 3:08 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Psycho » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:22 pm

Ritterina wrote:Well, no one cares about your opinion

That's a funny way of spelling 90% of the day 1 playerbase
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:19 pm

lol
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:22 pm

relic brought it to 10$ for a few days
now it is back on 30$
Honestly; even if it is free it aint worth the time
like there are better free games (MOBAS :V) to spend ur time in
like dota
hahahahahahahaha
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
User avatar
Oddnerd
Level 4
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon 27 Oct, 2014 1:50 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Oddnerd » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:32 pm

I wouldn't buy it for -$5
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 4:23 pm

Funny thing is; they are still streaming dow3 on twitch ... (Dow3 twitch channel)
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Wa ... videos/all
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:15 pm

Rostam wrote:Funny thing is; they are still streaming dow3 on twitch ... (Dow3 twitch channel)
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Wa ... videos/all


Yeah, people stream DoW 2 as well.
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:21 am

Any Dow3 stuff is heresy . not to mention comparing that garbage to dow1 and dow2 .The point is they do not let this failure go. Basically Dow3 should be forgotten at this point. Also I really hope we see Dow4 at some point in future (one can hope even if its a long shot), but seeing Dow3 atm is like this:
"U knew that lovely franchise that u played/loved for a decade? here is the third episode! the one that shat upon the series and was a failure hahaha"
Its like rubbing salt into the wound. FFS let Dow3 die properly already relic, the balls of relic/Dow3 channel for continuing the stream on twitch ....
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
TharxGamma
Level 2
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed 03 Jun, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby TharxGamma » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:38 am

I really think everyone needs to stop trying be these warriors of justice and banging on about DOW 3 really nothing to add about it now just repeating whats already been said.
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:46 am

TharxGamma wrote:I really think everyone needs to stop trying be these warriors of justice and banging on about DOW 3 really nothing to add about it now just repeating whats already been said.

A good thing to tell to Dow3 fanboys indeed

PS: Actually this thread is pretty entertaining. Besides forums is kinda dead, so threads like this keeps the forums alive and keeps the blood pumping.
Last edited by Rostam on Sun 25 Feb, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
TharxGamma
Level 2
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed 03 Jun, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby TharxGamma » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:47 am

More importantly lets concentrate on Elite and make more of everything!
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:52 am

This StarCraft2 player who actually quit SC2 and joined Dow3 (relic pays him as he himself said) cuz why the hell would u leave SC2 in favor of Dow3? :V


I saw a bit of twitch stream from his channel and he was practically begging that anyone would want some Dow3 free copies that he had for free, just to advertise (that is after the death of dow3 a few nights ago,on dow3 twitch channel) ...
Just let Dow3 die properly instead ...
Last edited by Rostam on Sun 25 Feb, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:56 am

TharxGamma wrote:More importantly lets concentrate on Elite and make more of everything!

you are welcome to do that on various threads dude, in fact u can also make new threads about things that u think is gonna improve elite mod .
Also the 2.8 changelog might interest you but u already know about that one :P
Last edited by Rostam on Sun 25 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
User avatar
Impregnable
Level 4
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue 02 Apr, 2013 2:58 pm
Location: SEGMENTUM TEMPESTUS

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Impregnable » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 3:34 pm

"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
User avatar
egewithin
Level 5
Posts: 1129
Joined: Mon 26 Jan, 2015 7:08 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby egewithin » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:06 pm

Rostam wrote:


LETS DO THIS!!! ... (roams around to find enemy) ... LETS DO THIS!!! ... (roams around to find enemy) ... LETS DO THIS!!! ... (roams around to find enemy) ...

Finially finds the enemy, that is just fucking buildings...

I dunno Rostam, this guys seems like he is making an irony.
Current Name : Sex - Murder - Art
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 1:56 am

https://kotaku.com/5165265/dawn-of-war- ... l-pc-sales

Wish Phillipe Boulle didn't ruin the series. I still like DoW 3, but it could have been so much better with a few changes made early on. And made with a bigger budget.
Gorbles
Level 3
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:28 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Gorbles » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 2:50 pm

I remember that article. People tore it apart for misleading journalism and limited statistics drawing an overly-positive conclusion. The mantra was the game couldn't have sold well, because queue times were already deteriorating. The mantra was that Johnny Ebbert had ruined the series, because nobody asked for CoH in space. Nobody asked for Commanders picked outside of the game, reducing scope and tactical flexibility. The media's attempt at pushing high sales was simply a conspiracy to get people to buy a dying game that nobody could queue for. Some people even claimed MIcrosoft was buying coverage to help cover the issues with GfWL.

Not that I'm saying I agree with that criticism, it's just funny how much folks (not you, Paranoid) have forgotten about DoW II's release and subsequent reception. It was hounded for months, and general sentiments only started to trend to positive overall around Chaos Rising (which launch balance promptly destroyed again for a while). However, speciflcally to you, Kami, Boulle didn't ruin anything. These things are a team effort. Blaming a single person is wish fulfillment at its finest, because it allows you to carry on believing that the studio as a whole didn't make a product that reflects their ideals as developers. That's what happened. The studio made the game. Some key players may have made more or less of an impact, but this cult of personality consumers have around games developers is deeply unhealthy. A game is rarely decided by a single person.

People will, by and large, justify anything they can in the reverse. The game is doing badly because it doesn't have enough players. This game can't have enough players because I spend too long queueing for games. Very few people apply any sort of academic rigour, they just blow out a long reddit-esque rant and call it a day.

That much, at least, hasn't changed in the past ten years :)

Cheers for the callouts folks, been a blast!
User avatar
Impregnable
Level 4
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue 02 Apr, 2013 2:58 pm
Location: SEGMENTUM TEMPESTUS

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Impregnable » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 12:16 am

Gorbles wrote:I remember that article. People tore it apart for misleading journalism and limited statistics drawing an overly-positive conclusion. The mantra was the game couldn't have sold well, because queue times were already deteriorating. The mantra was that Johnny Ebbert had ruined the series, because nobody asked for CoH in space. Nobody asked for Commanders picked outside of the game, reducing scope and tactical flexibility. The media's attempt at pushing high sales was simply a conspiracy to get people to buy a dying game that nobody could queue for. Some people even claimed MIcrosoft was buying coverage to help cover the issues with GfWL.

Not that I'm saying I agree with that criticism, it's just funny how much folks (not you, Paranoid) have forgotten about DoW II's release and subsequent reception. It was hounded for months, and general sentiments only started to trend to positive overall around Chaos Rising (which launch balance promptly destroyed again for a while).

People will, by and large, justify anything they can in the reverse. The game is doing badly because it doesn't have enough players. This game can't have enough players because I spend too long queueing for games. Very few people apply any sort of academic rigour, they just blow out a long reddit-esque rant and call it a day.

That much, at least, hasn't changed in the past ten years :)


Don't try to frame people in this forum as some unreasonable brutes just because they don't agree with your opinion on DOWIII.

Stop hitting around the bushes Gorbles. What is your point? Are you trying to argue that DOWIII failed not because of its innate features but because of people's negative propaganda? The innate features of a game need to fulfill two major objectives. Firstly, it needs to be innovative and new. Secondly, it needs to be attractive(fun) to the people. In case of DOW III, its fulfillment of 1st purpose is debatable as with all games. People can argue for years about whether one game's innate feature is better than the other's quality wise. The reason why this happens is because there is not a strict line drawn between the matter of taste and that of game's actual quality. However, obviously you are trying to argue that DOWIII's innate feature is good for fulfilling 1st purpose so lets say you are right but I would argue that DOWIII fails miserably at fulfilling the second purpose for the way you identify whether a game fulfilled the second purpose is easy. It is decided by sales and number of players playing it.

The end justifies the means from business perspective. Although companies do have ethical responsibilities, it is undeniable that the ultimate judge on whether a business succeeded or not is from the outcome which is profits generated. Even if the business model is something that is not explainable why it generates profit, it will be named a success and be used as long as it profits the company. It is the same with games. No matter how much critics and media try to portray a game good, if its innate features are not what its consumers want, it will fail like in DoW3's case. Innovative and new features which critics like does not automatically translate to attractive and well selling games. Identifying whether a game is attractive or not is simple, people will play it and buy it if it is fun and vice versa if it is not no matter what others say. Even if we take it for granted that DOWIII is innovative and quality wise good, it is certainly not fun.

People here did not forget about DOWII's reception like you may imagine. Not all those who stayed away from DOWIII did so because it is simply different from previous DOWs. The real reason is for whatever reason it may be, DOWIII's innate features is not attractive and fun to them. They argued DOWIII will fail because they judged its innate features do not fulfill both of purposes it needs to fulfill. To them it was neither innovative nor fun. It just happened to be that many other consumers outside elite mod forum agreed on DOWIII not being fun and DOWIII failed as a result. Then, why the hate? you may ask. They hate it because it gave them a dilemma. They don't agree with DOWIII's vision. As such, the result is a disaster for them whether it is a success or not. If it is successful, relic will continue with this flawed vision. If it is not successful, dawn of war series may not get a support again. The problem is this dilemma would not have happened if relic did not launch DOWIII the way they did. Thus, begins the hate and anger for ruining the franchise they so loved and played long. In this sense, relic truly shot their dog.

There is no need or duty to apply any sort of academic rigour to judge a game for a consumer. Blowing out a long reddit-esque rant and call it a day is fine too. It just shows that person as a consumer did not like that game for whatever reason. Trying to frame them as some unreasonable brute is pointless and wrong.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 2:31 am

Impregnable wrote:
Gorbles wrote:I remember that article. People tore it apart for misleading journalism and limited statistics drawing an overly-positive conclusion. The mantra was the game couldn't have sold well, because queue times were already deteriorating. The mantra was that Johnny Ebbert had ruined the series, because nobody asked for CoH in space. Nobody asked for Commanders picked outside of the game, reducing scope and tactical flexibility. The media's attempt at pushing high sales was simply a conspiracy to get people to buy a dying game that nobody could queue for. Some people even claimed MIcrosoft was buying coverage to help cover the issues with GfWL.

Not that I'm saying I agree with that criticism, it's just funny how much folks (not you, Paranoid) have forgotten about DoW II's release and subsequent reception. It was hounded for months, and general sentiments only started to trend to positive overall around Chaos Rising (which launch balance promptly destroyed again for a while).

People will, by and large, justify anything they can in the reverse. The game is doing badly because it doesn't have enough players. This game can't have enough players because I spend too long queueing for games. Very few people apply any sort of academic rigour, they just blow out a long reddit-esque rant and call it a day.

That much, at least, hasn't changed in the past ten years :)


Don't try to frame people in this forum as some unreasonable brutes just because they don't agree with your opinion on DOWIII.

Stop hitting around the bushes Gorbles. What is your point? Are you trying to argue that DOWIII failed not because of its innate features but because of people's negative propaganda? The innate features of a game need to fulfill two major objectives. Firstly, it needs to be innovative and new. Secondly, it needs to be attractive(fun) to the people. In case of DOW III, its fulfillment of 1st purpose is debatable as with all games. People can argue for years about whether one game's innate feature is better than the other's quality wise. The reason why this happens is because there is not a strict line drawn between the matter of taste and that of game's actual quality. However, obviously you are trying to argue that DOWIII's innate feature is good for fulfilling 1st purpose so lets say you are right but I would argue that DOWIII fails miserably at fulfilling the second purpose for the way you identify whether a game fulfilled the second purpose is easy. It is decided by sales and number of players playing it.

The end justifies the means from business perspective. Although companies do have ethical responsibilities, it is undeniable that the ultimate judge on whether a business succeeded or not is from the outcome which is profits generated. Even if the business model is something that is not explainable why it generates profit, it will be named a success and be used as long as it profits the company. It is the same with games. No matter how much critics and media try to portray a game good, if its innate features are not what its consumers want, it will fail like in DoW3's case. Innovative and new features which critics like does not automatically translate to attractive and well selling games. Identifying whether a game is attractive or not is simple, people will play it and buy it if it is fun and vice versa if it is not no matter what others say. Even if we take it for granted that DOWIII is innovative and quality wise good, it is certainly not fun.

People here did not forget about DOWII's reception like you may imagine. Not all those who stayed away from DOWIII did so because it is simply different from previous DOWs. The real reason is for whatever reason it may be, DOWIII's innate features is not attractive and fun to them. They argued DOWIII will fail because they judged its innate features do not fulfill both of purposes it needs to fulfill. To them it was neither innovative nor fun. It just happened to be that many other consumers outside elite mod forum agreed on DOWIII not being fun and DOWIII failed as a result. Then, why the hate? you may ask. They hate it because it gave them a dilemma. They don't agree with DOWIII's vision. As such, the result is a disaster for them whether it is a success or not. If it is successful, relic will continue with this flawed vision. If it is not successful, dawn of war series may not get a support again. The problem is this dilemma would not have happened if relic did not launch DOWIII the way they did. Thus, begins the hate and anger for ruining the franchise they so loved and played long. In this sense, relic truly shot their dog.

There is no need or duty to apply any sort of academic rigour to judge a game for a consumer. Blowing out a long reddit-esque rant and call it a day is fine too. It just shows that person as a consumer did not like that game for whatever reason. Trying to frame them as some unreasonable brute is pointless and wrong.


Please summarize these wall of texts into one paragraph an in orky language so we can understand :twisted: 8-)
Ya du too much finking u zoging Umie grotz

PS:I read some of impregnable stuff and he makes good points
This thread is getting interesting. getting quiet amusing
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
User avatar
Zevargel
Level 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Zevargel » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 2:44 am

The reason of DOW 3 fail - this game just bad in all parameters and the lower playerbase it's result of this reason and not vice versa end of story. Everyone who think DOW 3 is a good game is heretic. And as I see the Gorb is a ideological leader of all those heretics.
User avatar
Oddnerd
Level 4
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon 27 Oct, 2014 1:50 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 3:08 am

I am not really sure how some people not liking the concept of DOW2 devalues other people's opinions on DOW3. The slavishly uncritical relic whiteknights have been trying to force this comparison for quite some time now. I saw the concept for DOW2 before its release and liked it - I saw the concept for DOW3 and hated it... in both cases I was right about how much I would like each game. Making vague references to some DOW1 players not liking DOW2 before it was released doesn't prove anything/ devalue people's negative opinions of DOW3.
User avatar
Psycho
Level 3
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu 24 Dec, 2015 3:08 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Psycho » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 3:35 am

Gorbles wrote:wall of text

Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 4:34 am

ROSTAMS WEAKNESS HAS BEEN FOUND! The next time anyone gets in an argument with him all they have to do is write an essay!
User avatar
Rostam
Level 4
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Rostam » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 6:20 am

Tfw, FYY using CAPS wont make ur statements better and right. if that was the case Dow3 Problems would've been solved by just doing that. Lmao the only thing relic should ve done would be using Capital letters while presenting their product :V ,also i wouldnt expect dow3 fans to expect a joke,since they have the problem of realizing how bad Dow3 is. now about the issue at hand:

Dow3 fans dont accept the fact that this disaster is totally relic's fault ,not the consumers and faithful followers ; hence they want that terrible Dow3 project to continue ,cuz relic told them to do so. and they followed their wishes blindly, but we Dow1/Dow2/40k Fans understood wat was going on, and didnt
Relic didnt care about the damage it was doing to 40k and Dow franchise
It even hurts me to call it DawnOfWar,clearly it is not; This Terrible MOBA is not worthy of the Title of "Dow" nor "RTS"
Read some books instead of playing video games all the time!
Gorbles
Level 3
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:28 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Gorbles » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 9:41 am

Impregnable wrote:There is no need or duty to apply any sort of academic rigour to judge a game for a consumer. Blowing out a long reddit-esque rant and call it a day is fine too. It just shows that person as a consumer did not like that game for whatever reason. Trying to frame them as some unreasonable brute is pointless and wrong.

Normally there isn't. But if people go around saying how the developers suck, how they can do better than the developers, etc, et al, then some form of competence argument comes into play.

Not liking something is not the same as claiming something "objectively" "sucks". And yet, some folk are completely unable to separate these things.
User avatar
Psycho
Level 3
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu 24 Dec, 2015 3:08 am

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Psycho » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 4:05 pm

Gorbles wrote:Not liking something is not the same as claiming something "objectively" "sucks".

When 90% of the day 1 playerbase shares the sentiment, you'd think it is.
User avatar
Zevargel
Level 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Postby Zevargel » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 5:17 pm

Gorbles wrote:
Impregnable wrote:There is no need or duty to apply any sort of academic rigour to judge a game for a consumer. Blowing out a long reddit-esque rant and call it a day is fine too. It just shows that person as a consumer did not like that game for whatever reason. Trying to frame them as some unreasonable brute is pointless and wrong.

Normally there isn't. But if people go around saying how the developers suck, how they can do better than the developers, etc, et al, then some form of competence argument comes into play.

Not liking something is not the same as claiming something "objectively" "sucks". And yet, some folk are completely unable to separate these things.


Ideological leader of heretics keep fighting... I know it's not easy to recognize you was on the wrong side so long time, but DOW 3 suck, deal with it and you will feel relieved. ;)

Return to “General discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest