How do increase pop cap with Elite Mod 2.7.0?

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
OfHolyLance
Level 0

How do increase pop cap with Elite Mod 2.7.0?

Postby OfHolyLance » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:11 am

I have tried everything to increase pop cap with the most recent version of the elite mod, and nothing works. Can someone please help? (preferable cap = 300).
beto_08
Level 0

Re: How do increase pop cap with Elite Mod 2.7.0?

Postby beto_08 » Fri 14 Jul, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello guys! yes pls i have the same question. I wanted to do in the previews version and i coundn't. And i want to do in this version now. Pls help us how can we do this and any tutorial will be very helpful.
Atlas

Re: How do increase pop cap with Elite Mod 2.7.0?

Postby Atlas » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 1:07 am

o/ apologies for the lateness.

In order to do this kind of change, you will need Cope's Toolbox. You can find it HERE.

For a change to population cap, you'll need to edit the race profiles of the races.

In Cope's, go to New Mod, then title it w/e you want. Base it off of the Base DoW2.module or, if off Elite, Elite.module.

Next, Open the Mod, open ATTRIB -> simulation -> attrib 0> racepbs. Racebps is where this kind of information is held, and keep in mind you'll have to do this with every faction.

Let's just do this with chaos. Open chaos_marines.rbf, which which display their GameData in the middle layout. Feel free to check out all of it should it interest you, but for population in multiplayer go to mp_resource_info -> race_population_cap_table. It has base_personnel_cap and resource_max_cap set to 100.

I BELIEVE you would only need to set base_personnel_cap to 300 in this case, but you might need to adjust resource_max_cap as well. Do this for every faction in the racebps.

Next, go into resource_max_cap, and set the popcap there as well to w/e number you want Do this with each race's rbf. If you want to affect singleplayer do the same thing in the campain_resource_info tab . Make sure to save all the changes and keep backups just in case!

With all that done, go into Steam and under the launch options of DoWII, make sure to change -modname Elite (<- or w/e mod) into -modname [your mod's name] to see if that did the trick!

Here's a video of this if that help!

EDIT: One thing the video covers that I forgot to mention is that you'll need to adjust the upkeep in order for that population increase to not get completely frozen by upkeep. Adjust upkeep to whatever value you want, or just remove it entirely.

Return to “Technical Issues”