DoW 3 Support?

Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

DoW 3 Support?

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:26 pm

Was just wondering if this site will be supporting DoW 3. Everyone is just kinda posting in 'Random Speculation' instead of an actual dedicated forum section, so are you just planning on staying with Elite in DoW 2? Asking because I'm working on the DoW 3 section for GameReplays and looking for anyone interested in joining staff or people to just post on the forums so there's some activity.
Carnevour
Level 2
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed 13 May, 2015 1:01 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Carnevour » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 2:03 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Was just wondering if this site will be supporting DoW 3. Everyone is just kinda posting in 'Random Speculation' instead of an actual dedicated forum section, so are you just planning on staying with Elite in DoW 2? Asking because I'm working on the DoW 3 section for GameReplays and looking for anyone interested in joining staff or people to just post on the forums so there's some activity.


Isnt GR dead?
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 2:45 am

Carnevour wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Was just wondering if this site will be supporting DoW 3. Everyone is just kinda posting in 'Random Speculation' instead of an actual dedicated forum section, so are you just planning on staying with Elite in DoW 2? Asking because I'm working on the DoW 3 section for GameReplays and looking for anyone interested in joining staff or people to just post on the forums so there's some activity.


Isnt GR dead?


Nope. C&C sections remained popular. DoW 2 section died. CoH 2 section died. We have a DoW 3 section now. Recruited Bolivar (guy who made the pdf guide) and are talking to 2 others for running tournaments. We post news all the time and our replay system will be up and running when replays are out. There are a few posting, but it won't be anything big until the game and replays are out.
User avatar
Atlas
Moderator
Posts: 1858
Joined: Sun 02 Feb, 2014 5:23 pm
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Atlas » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 5:01 am

I'd love to work on tournies too btw! But to answer the question, idk what happens here :/
Atlas: Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
User avatar
Toilailee
Champion
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue 12 Mar, 2013 8:26 pm

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Toilailee » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 11:54 am

I wouldn't mind GR coming back to life with dow3 since I have the "dow2 expert" badge and all. 8-)
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Nurland » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 12:02 pm

Wigglytuff badge ain't good enough for you?
#noobcodex
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Nurland » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 12:03 pm

And yes. I suppose there is no reason for us not to have broader Dawn of War 3 forum
#noobcodex
User avatar
Toilailee
Champion
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue 12 Mar, 2013 8:26 pm

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Toilailee » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 8:47 pm

Nurland wrote:And yes. I suppose there is no reason for us not to have broader Dawn of War 3 forum

Time make one then I guess. :?

Nurland wrote:Wigglytuff badge ain't good enough for you?

You're right, I had my priorities mixed up.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
KanKrusha
Level 3
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue 09 Apr, 2013 9:10 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby KanKrusha » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 8:20 am

This site could potentially be the "home" of modding for DOW3, if there is any.
Gorbles
Level 3
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:28 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Gorbles » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 9:19 am

I intend to be giving help to the relevant areas on the official forums as well. Going to be a long path to recreating anywhere similar to RelicNews' modding sections.
User avatar
Garrick
Level 2
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun 07 Jul, 2013 1:15 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Garrick » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:38 pm

Gorbles, do you know (or are at liberty to say) if the devs are tooting some kind of modding support/tools? if the game's framework is anywhere near COH2 I fear stuff could become dire.
Gorbles
Level 3
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:28 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Gorbles » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 1:32 pm

I only know what has been confirmed, which is a map / level editor at release.

CoH 2 support was more than most of their previous offerings got, excepting the original vDoW modding tools. CoH and DoW II built their tools from within the community, by reverse-engineering file formats, with some notable leaked, buggy exceptions (well, one exception really). I'm not sure why people say CoH 2 modding is dire given that you can do quite a lot with it - all DoW II ever got was a Worldbuilder.
User avatar
Garrick
Level 2
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun 07 Jul, 2013 1:15 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Garrick » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 9:24 am

I said 'dire' because it didn't pick up much, compared to COH1 or DOW (Ok, DoW2 is dust when compared to DOW1, but still).
Gorbles
Level 3
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:28 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Gorbles » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 11:14 am

Sure, but the reason for that wasn't the lack of a framework, it was (arguably) for a lot of reasons at the time in the DoW 1 modding base.
crazyman64335
Shoutcaster
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon 06 May, 2013 2:15 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby crazyman64335 » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 5:35 am

Toilailee wrote:I wouldn't mind GR coming back to life with dow3 since I have the "dow2 expert" badge and all. 8-)

wait you're an expert? :O
User avatar
Toilailee
Champion
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue 12 Mar, 2013 8:26 pm

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Toilailee » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 6:02 pm

crazyman64335 wrote:
Toilailee wrote:I wouldn't mind GR coming back to life with dow3 since I have the "dow2 expert" badge and all. 8-)

wait you're an expert? :O


Image

I have achieved my purpose in life.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
User avatar
Imperator1
Level 2
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun 16 Feb, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Imperator1 » Sat 06 May, 2017 11:16 pm

KanKrusha wrote:This site could potentially be the "home" of modding for DOW3, if there is any.


I think it is a denuvo game, so I believe the modding potential is not there.
Gorbles
Level 3
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:28 am

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Gorbles » Mon 08 May, 2017 10:19 am

Imperator1 wrote:
KanKrusha wrote:This site could potentially be the "home" of modding for DOW3, if there is any.


I think it is a denuvo game, so I believe the modding potential is not there.

Modding already exists and is supported. Less reddit rumours about Denuvo, aye?
User avatar
Imperator1
Level 2
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun 16 Feb, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Imperator1 » Sat 13 May, 2017 8:17 pm

Gorbles wrote:
Imperator1 wrote:
KanKrusha wrote:This site could potentially be the "home" of modding for DOW3, if there is any.


I think it is a denuvo game, so I believe the modding potential is not there.

Modding already exists and is supported. Less reddit rumours about Denuvo, aye?


Could you provide a link please?
User avatar
Barrogh
Level 3
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon 30 Sep, 2013 11:04 am
Location: Moscow

Re: DoW 3 Support?

Postby Barrogh » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:43 am

On modding. If you guys will decide to make another competitive mod for DoW game, can you please choose a less cheesy name for it? :P
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little circles, wave your hands and shout

Return to “Random speculation”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest