The next update?

Generic non-balance topics.
Flash
Level 3

The next update?

Postby Flash » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 5:19 pm

Hey is there a next update coming? Is anything being worked on? Just popped over to the release thread and it's been six months and some change since the last update.

I'm not making any demands about there must be an update, I understand this is a fan made projectand that the mod team has real lives. So this is also seems like a good time to ask what happens in the long term.

How long will this mod keep going? With dow3 coming out eventually will this still be supported? Will the team move to dow3? Do we adopt a wait and see approach if dow3 is good? There seems to be plenty of malcontent with what's been shown so far, but I know some members are happy with the changes, Kaeltos being one of them.

Is there any sort of idk succession in place if someone on the mod team decides that it's too much of a time commitment, or just wants to do something else with their life? Do we have people who can step up and fill those modding/scripting/balancing design roles? What happens if Kaeltos gets bored?
valar
Level 0

Re: The next update?

Postby valar » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 9:32 pm

I don't think there is a real problem. Mod is great.
Loading, please wait...
Vindicarex
Head of Balance

Postby Vindicarex » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 11:41 pm

valar wrote:I don't think there is a real problem. Mod is great.

Lord Commie in 1v1 is a problem.

I think sentinels are horribly designed in general, but bearable.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 11:55 pm

Vindicarex
Head of Balance

Postby Vindicarex » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 12:53 am

While I don't take back what I said, what I meant was that the game is balanced in the sense that every race can win with certain strategies and skills. However, some strategies are exceptionally easier to execute and require a lot less skill to pull off while being much more difficult for the opposiing play to reasonably handle.
This fact, to me, is the definition of imba.

I.E. - SM vs basically any meta strategy.
Flash
Level 3

Postby Flash » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 12:50 am

Balance is generally good. There are many things that could be tweaked or improved. The current state wouldn't be what I would consider the best place to leave the mod as is in a "finalized" balanced state. Regardless the general future questions still remain.
RIGHTLY
Level 0

Postby RIGHTLY » Sat 08 Oct, 2016 3:01 pm

valar wrote:I don't think there is a real problem. Mod is great.

Ordo Malleus seems horribly underpowered. They don't seem to have any decent AV. I won a game against an OM player pretty much because there was nothing he could really do about my Dreadnaught, especially with the rest of my army backing it up. Anything he attacked it with that could somewhat damage it immediately had to answer to my FC. I rarely had to pull my Dreadnaught back in the middle of a fight to prevent losing it.
Accept our dominion.
Reap our malediction.
Welcome to oblivion!
jmcopel
Level 1

Postby jmcopel » Mon 17 Oct, 2016 9:37 pm

I'd love to see updates to the AI. There are some serious bugs going on there.

Return to “Community General Discussion”