OM vs Orks 3v3

Strategy and L2P topics.
rusoverdose
Level 0

OM vs Orks 3v3

Postby rusoverdose » Wed 15 Mar, 2023 11:43 am

Hi everyone!

Could anybody tell me a build against Orks? BC 3v3. Shootas got a lot of dakka and supress.

And how to deal with turrets, except flanking, waiting for tier 2, go to help teammates.
Broodwich
Level 4

Re: OM vs Orks 3v3

Postby Broodwich » Wed 15 Mar, 2023 10:41 pm

you'll have to be a lot more specific. What hero(es) are you having trouble with? What build or unit is causing you issues?

Map also plays a factor. Big map with lots of room to flank? Narrow with gens? etc
Fas est ab hoste doceri
rusoverdose
Level 0

Postby rusoverdose » Thu 16 Mar, 2023 6:51 am

Broodwich wrote:you'll have to be a lot more specific. What hero(es) are you having trouble with? What build or unit is causing you issues?

Map also plays a factor. Big map with lots of room to flank? Narrow with gens? etc

Big issues on narrow asymmetric maps with gens as Argus Desert gate. When I stand alone in the line with one victory point. Ork is dig in with 2 shootas. Warboss and and sluggas cover them. Mek sometimes use his supression weapon. And suppress from shootas. And all of them under Banner effects. I cannot even reach ork positions. Techmarine makes a turret and second turret or devastators which cover the first turret. So line is blocked. Detour is on the enemy half of the map. It is sometimes possible to flank but gens are defenseless. I can deal with it only in tier2 With walker (OM default dred is particularly useful) or transport plus better with jump squad. Yeah I can definitly outtech techmarine but not orks. Orks have a big swarm in tier1. So they can kill my gens. Especially with burna. Usually one.

How to disrupt such defensive lines. Two jump squads in tier1? Operatives with jump squad? Just standing in line is not very fun.

Any suggestions? May be exchange line with teammate, but which faction and hero can deal with this situation? Ravener tunnels?
SarDauk
Level 2

Postby SarDauk » Thu 16 Mar, 2023 6:34 pm

Looks like you got 2v1 by the enemy team if you have to face both the ork army and TM turrets, you definitively need the help of an ally to break through. Keep in mind that sometime, just holding your position will be enough as your team can 2v1 another point. Without vehicle or a flank, your best bet to break an entrenched position is the use of interceptor / operatives (if the enemy lack detection). Strike squads are nice to tank piercing damage as well while purgation teams are good against both ranged squads in cover and turrets as long as it can reach a firing position.
"Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"
rusoverdose
Level 0

Postby rusoverdose » Thu 16 Mar, 2023 7:21 pm

SarDauk wrote:Looks like you got 2v1 by the enemy team if you have to face both the ork army and TM turrets, you definitively need the help of an ally to break through. Keep in mind that sometime, just holding your position will be enough as your team can 2v1 another point. Without vehicle or a flank, your best bet to break an entrenched position is the use of interceptor / operatives (if the enemy lack detection). Strike squads are nice to tank piercing damage as well while purgation teams are good against both ranged squads in cover and turrets as long as it can reach a firing position.

Yeah, explanations aren't my thing. It is two different problems. I face only orks or only techmarine with turrets. Issue is that frontal attack is useless in both cases. A lot of supression sources.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 17 Mar, 2023 10:21 pm

i wouldn't go two jump squads, it just puts you too far behind in tech.

If you can't push the enemy, you don't always have to. Holding your gens is enough in a solo lane. If they are building gens on a mid point then ask your teammates for help

It's tough to give a specific answer for such a general question. Ops or purgs might help you break the line if you need to push and can't with just ints
Fas est ab hoste doceri
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sun 19 Mar, 2023 8:51 am

double psilencers in t2 shits on orks if your teammate can cover it

Return to “Strategy Discussion”