The Map Hack.

Generic non-balance topics.
User avatar
Antandron
Level 2
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:50 am

The Map Hack.

Postby Antandron » Fri 22 Apr, 2022 5:56 pm

Dishonest Russians are using a map hack that allows them to see more of the map than usual.

I want it.

How do I get it?

I also think it should be widely publicised and offered to every player as it's an unfair advantage at present.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 22 Apr, 2022 6:36 pm

Been around for a while. Mainly competitive players use it as it gives them an advantage over others.
Desked
Level 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2022 5:01 am

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Desked » Thu 16 Jun, 2022 10:41 pm

At this point, we need to have a a discussion about just releasing this maphack or including in the download of elite mod. Half the players are using it in my lobbies.

I suggest the maphack file is made public and shared with all. If half the people are already using it then what is the point of not sharing it with all?

I will say those that are opposed to this most likely are using the program and do not wish others to have the same advantage.

Pin the file in discord and lets just be done with it.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby LOCALgHOST » Fri 17 Jun, 2022 10:46 am

what are you talking about?
User avatar
GuruSkippy
Level 2
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:28 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby GuruSkippy » Fri 17 Jun, 2022 10:58 am

LOCALgHOST wrote:what are you talking about?

The zoom-out hack.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby LOCALgHOST » Fri 17 Jun, 2022 1:32 pm

it's not a MAPHACK
you cant see through fog of war with it. btw i never use it cause it's very uncomfortable to play that way
Bruce Campbell
Level 2
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu 25 Jul, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Bruce Campbell » Fri 17 Jun, 2022 4:16 pm

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =767696158

Right click > Translate to English

Enjoy.


Ignore Ghost, he's one of the many original scumbag cheating slimeball Russians who would do anything BUT share the cheat with people for his own advantage. You can zoom out a long way without fog affecting it, and its an enormous advantage.
User avatar
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun 17 Dec, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Sat 18 Jun, 2022 3:13 pm

Ofc it's the Russians who else could it be
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 18 Jun, 2022 8:31 pm

That guide has been up since 2016. I tried searching for it myself and came up with nothing. It's only when I went to the authors profile and clicked his guides that I saw it. Anyways, I reported it as it's cheating so hopefully it gets taken down.

It was favourited by Python on my friends list XD

The comments say it can be used in DoW 3 too. Does that mean it could be used in AoE 4 too? That game had some good cash prizes.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 19 Jun, 2022 9:40 am

Bruce Campbell wrote:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767696158

Right click > Translate to English

Enjoy.


Ignore Ghost, he's one of the many original scumbag cheating slimeball Russians who would do anything BUT share the cheat with people for his own advantage. You can zoom out a long way without fog affecting it, and its an enormous advantage.


lol i remember you asked for It :) and was angry i didnt share. and i didnt share cause i really lost my file.

and again - this feature is not THAT ENORMOUS advantage, it's not a map hack and i never used it.

and i play this game not for winning at any cost but for competitve play. so.. pity bruce, pity
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sun 19 Jun, 2022 5:41 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:
Bruce Campbell wrote:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767696158

Right click > Translate to English

Enjoy.


Ignore Ghost, he's one of the many original scumbag cheating slimeball Russians who would do anything BUT share the cheat with people for his own advantage. You can zoom out a long way without fog affecting it, and its an enormous advantage.


lol i remember you asked for It :) and was angry i didnt share. and i didnt share cause i really lost my file.

and again - this feature is not THAT ENORMOUS advantage, it's not a map hack and i never used it.

and i play this game not for winning at any cost but for competitve play. so.. pity bruce, pity


Being able to control your army over a larger area is a huge advantage.
Bruce Campbell
Level 2
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu 25 Jul, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Bruce Campbell » Sun 19 Jun, 2022 11:26 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:That guide has been up since 2016. I tried searching for it myself and came up with nothing. It's only when I went to the authors profile and clicked his guides that I saw it. Anyways, I reported it as it's cheating so hopefully it gets taken down.

It was favourited by Python on my friends list XD

The comments say it can be used in DoW 3 too. Does that mean it could be used in AoE 4 too? That game had some good cash prizes.


Why would you report it? then it gets taken down and becomes once again a secretive mod that never gets shared with anyone and only gets to be used by a select few. Completely unfair. It should be stickied in the forums so absolutely everyone has access to it if they wish and everyone has an equal playing ground.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 20 Jun, 2022 3:41 am

Bruce Campbell wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:That guide has been up since 2016. I tried searching for it myself and came up with nothing. It's only when I went to the authors profile and clicked his guides that I saw it. Anyways, I reported it as it's cheating so hopefully it gets taken down.

It was favourited by Python on my friends list XD

The comments say it can be used in DoW 3 too. Does that mean it could be used in AoE 4 too? That game had some good cash prizes.


Why would you report it? then it gets taken down and becomes once again a secretive mod that never gets shared with anyone and only gets to be used by a select few. Completely unfair. It should be stickied in the forums so absolutely everyone has access to it if they wish and everyone has an equal playing ground.


That's the same kind of argument that could be had for those who remove the fog of war or cheat in any way in any game.
User avatar
GuruSkippy
Level 2
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:28 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby GuruSkippy » Mon 20 Jun, 2022 1:24 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:That's the same kind of argument that could be had for those who remove the fog of war or cheat in any way in any game.

mmmh, no, not the same argument.
The camera max height was probably decided by Relic for aesthetics reasons and/or performance reasons.
Remember that this game is from 2009. 3v3 can be really hard for old computers.
AND, if you take a look at DOW1, camera mod is widely accepted, no one considered it as cheating.

So, personaly, I'm with Bruce : all of us should have access to it.
Tournaments should be flagged as camera mod accepted yes or no.
If yes, the link should be given to everyone.
If no, tournament should be played on reworked map to deny zoom mod usage, or with a mini software sending picture of your screen taken randomly to a server (or livestreamed). COH had something like this at one point, isn't it ?

But anyway, the simplest is to just give it to everyone.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 20 Jun, 2022 7:17 pm

GuruSkippy wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:That's the same kind of argument that could be had for those who remove the fog of war or cheat in any way in any game.

mmmh, no, not the same argument.
The camera max height was probably decided by Relic for aesthetics reasons and/or performance reasons.
Remember that this game is from 2009. 3v3 can be really hard for old computers.
AND, if you take a look at DOW1, camera mod is widely accepted, no one considered it as cheating.

So, personaly, I'm with Bruce : all of us should have access to it.
Tournaments should be flagged as camera mod accepted yes or no.
If yes, the link should be given to everyone.
If no, tournament should be played on reworked map to deny zoom mod usage, or with a mini software sending picture of your screen taken randomly to a server (or livestreamed). COH had something like this at one point, isn't it ?

But anyway, the simplest is to just give it to everyone.


How far you zoom out can also be for a design reason such as having players choose where their screen is or by forcing them to pay attention to their mini-map for awareness. Example: If your screen is ahead of your army you can see what's ahead of you but you're vulnerable to being attacked in the rear where you can't see.

Unless Relic officially says it's okay then that means it's not as it's a hack that gives you an advantage over your opponent.
User avatar
Broodwich
Level 3
Posts: 492
Joined: Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Broodwich » Tue 21 Jun, 2022 3:11 am

I'm with Guru, would be nice to have included as a part of elite. Ideally a toggle on the in-game menu so you can flip it on when you're spectating.

Kami also says SS are vanguards in t2 sooo...
Fas est ab hoste doceri
User avatar
GuruSkippy
Level 2
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:28 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby GuruSkippy » Tue 21 Jun, 2022 8:25 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Unless Relic officially says it's okay then that means it's not as it's a hack that gives you an advantage over your opponent.

If everyone have access to it, you don't have an advantage, because your opponent has it. It's not a cheat anymore, like camera mod in DOW1. And I don't think Relic ever said anything about DOW1 camera mod. (well, tbf, DOW1 without camera mod is really bad...)
Right now in DOW2, yes, only some people are using it when the others don't know about it, or where to find it. Then yes, it's cheat. Not a huge cheat like a real maphack removing FoW, but it's still a cheat.

But, you know what, Bloodrain won a tournament with a money price, using the camera mod, streaming it. He wasn't disqualified.
Last Tenso's 1v1 league, Tenso even had to accept the camera mod, because he would have had to disqualify Sphenomz if not.
Our community is just too small to disqualify people for camera mod usage, it's sad, but it is what it is.
User avatar
GuruSkippy
Level 2
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:28 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby GuruSkippy » Tue 21 Jun, 2022 8:28 am

Broodwich wrote:I'm with Guru, would be nice to have included as a part of elite. Ideally a toggle on the in-game menu so you can flip it on when you're spectating. .

Haha !
Don't dream too much, the mod team can't do that. They can probably add it in Elite, yes, but they can't add a toggle in the menu.
But yes, the camera mod is great for casting or observing games. No one complained when Indrid started to use it for his YT videos.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 22 Jun, 2022 1:30 am

Since Relic isn't developing the game anymore I guess it doesn't matter what their stance is on it. It'll be up the the modders whether they give it to everyone or not.

If they don't put it in that means the game is more mechanically hard and you'll need a higher apm plus put in some planning on camera movement and map awareness.

If they do put it in it'll be easier to control your army over a larger area which makes abilities like Timefield less impactful. Since people like to keep their army spread out on their screen they would have been less spread out compared to if they were zoomed out more. It'll also be easier to see ambushes such as a long range ASM jumping at you outside your screen or sneaky grenades.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 22 Jun, 2022 12:05 pm

i dont see any problems include zoommod into elite.

about "sharing" - everyone can do it himself, if even me could do. you find config with camera angles and fix it.

about advantage - i think i you re fast enough to use squad keys (123456 etc) u just dont need it. like i dont need it

and mink is getting angry, thinking that's the mod is the cause he's losing too much, not his curvy hands :)
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 23 Jun, 2022 10:37 am

wanna clarify

played mink on high stratum
https://dawnofwar.info/esl/match/53185786
https://dawnofwar.info/esl/match/53185589

can u please tell him that every stupidf can see obstacles cracking when someone heavy (CL WB HT or BC) walks in?
so in both games i saw he's coming CL on power so tics going natural req or else this side. (cause going tics on my side is crazy)

and yeah, also people can hear HOW MANY gens loyalists drop - ig/sm/om - every gen is LOUD, and tics worshiping, and so on even power capture i think. if u're not capping at the time - u can hear it over fog of war

u don't need any hack to get that

p.s. annoying thing that replay watcher is broken - u can't correctly use FOV/POV function
User avatar
GuruSkippy
Level 2
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:28 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby GuruSkippy » Thu 23 Jun, 2022 11:19 am

stop lying
if mink says you're a cheater, then you're a cheater :twisted:
that's an universal rule

like if SB and you have power sword, then you win
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 23 Jun, 2022 1:59 pm

what a warm and welcoming community :)
Bruce Campbell
Level 2
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu 25 Jul, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: The Map Hack.

Postby Bruce Campbell » Mon 27 Jun, 2022 2:51 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Since Relic isn't developing the game anymore I guess it doesn't matter what their stance is on it. It'll be up the the modders whether they give it to everyone or not.

If they don't put it in that means the game is more mechanically hard and you'll need a higher apm plus put in some planning on camera movement and map awareness.

If they do put it in it'll be easier to control your army over a larger area which makes abilities like Timefield less impactful. Since people like to keep their army spread out on their screen they would have been less spread out compared to if they were zoomed out more. It'll also be easier to see ambushes such as a long range ASM jumping at you outside your screen or sneaky grenades.


Stop theorycrafting, yes the mod is a big advantage, I just gave you the link so go get it and use it, stop trying to second guess all the possible advantages. Time field is no less effective, bigger spread is not a thing.

Return to “Community General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests