is there any AI enhancement mod ?

Generic non-balance topics.
Arazur98
Level 0

is there any AI enhancement mod ?

Postby Arazur98 » Sun 13 Sep, 2020 7:42 pm

hello a newbie here... can i have some kind of AI enchanced mod ? i know the dow 2 AI is dumb that why i need somekind of modification for private game AI for my practice course.. it seems the established player base have catch 22 logic if i am going to public matches... is there any way to enchanced the skrimish AI ?
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: is there any AI enhancement mod ?

Postby Impregnable » Mon 14 Sep, 2020 7:07 am

There is no such mod available as far as I know. Should ask at the main Elite Discord. https://discord.gg/jKVfpj3

Some advises on how to start as a new player.
Firstly find players to play with at the discord channel. https://discord.gg/jKVfpj3
Secondly, give yourself an initiate tag by going to roles channel.
Thirdly, play on friday, weekends and during European night time.
Fourthly, download the newest patch from www.dawnofwar.info forum's release section.
Fifthly and most importantly, add everyone you meet on elite mod as a steam friend.

Looking for game is done on general channel of the main Discord. Directly messaging players tagged under initiate role which you can find on the right side member list is also recommended. Those who have initiate role is separately sectioned on the member list. As long as you don't fall into the fallacy that assuming no one is around because you don't see any rooms hosted on public in game, you will be able to find games. There are enough players but no one wants to host and wait indefinitely so normal gaming routine of if I see a room, join and if I don't see one, quit does not work in this game. One should inform players in Discord to get a game like I mentioned above. If some players you played with in game were nice to you, add them as Steam friend. Rinse and repeat this process until you got enough Steam friends and you will be able to find games anytime you want.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Tue 15 Sep, 2020 10:52 pm

Arazur98 wrote:hello a newbie here... can i have some kind of AI enchanced mod ? i know the dow 2 AI is dumb that why i need somekind of modification for private game AI for my practice course.. it seems the established player base have catch 22 logic if i am going to public matches... is there any way to enchanced the skrimish AI ?

Hej there! Welcome to the game and the community!
In my experience it's very advisable to host public games and stating in the game-name that you are a new player. There are plenty of low to mid-skill players around (me being one of them). Joining the discord channel also helps. 1v1 games are the games where you learn the quickest. Because it's all on you. ;)

Greets
Schepp himself
Greets schep himself thingy
Arazur98
Level 0

Postby Arazur98 » Fri 18 Sep, 2020 4:13 am

Impregnable wrote:ditto~

Schepp himself wrote:ditto~

aw that shame... okay then i gonna learn in the hard way... lol
thanks for the replies :)
see ya in the weekends~
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 20 Sep, 2020 3:19 pm

there is AI enchance - called Custom game lobbies. Sometimes (with me, for example ^^) you got significant AI improvement but not that much that it bores you.

Return to “Community General Discussion”