Friday Night Fights interest!?

Generic non-balance topics.
RedRupee
Shoutcaster

Friday Night Fights interest!?

Postby RedRupee » Mon 22 Jun, 2020 7:05 am

Hey all! Between the ol' covid and my injury, I've been stuck inside and unable to do much. I've taken the opportunity to try some streaming full time. I've been going for a couple weeks now and wanted to gauge some interest in some weekly series. Intending to get some good replays up regularly and get folks out in some ongoing show matches and other fun. Setting a specific day of the week and time for an event or two would give the community a chance to all come hang out watch/play some games and have a good time. Maybe even wake up some folks and get them in shape again! I'd really like to get something going for a month or two and see what kind of hype we can build!

So first off Friday Night Fights!
(see also, Thursday night Throwdown, Wednesday night womp, really whatever day folks would prefer)

Basically I'd like to do two best of 5 series every Friday between some solid players. I'm curious if folks would prefer to stick with the usual pick 4 heroes/ban 1 that Impregnable sets for his events, or if you all would prefer something a little bit different or varied?

This could easily start as some simple stand alone showmatches but I'd love to get enough players to do an ongoing series/bracket etc.

Secondly, I'd like to do a King of the Hill
type event on Wednesdays!

This would basically be a winner stays loser leaves series. Folks could come and go as they please. I'll track wins/losses and have a leaderboard link on my stream and social media for both most wins and highest streak. Or maybe we could assign maps to planets and every week see who gets to hold a planet, something fun and thematic like that.a

Now I know the easiest way to get players to show up is throwing down some cash. Unfortunately I cannot offer much on that front at the moment. I have an amazing model painter friend that I could maybe get to offer some custom models for folks or something along those lines. I'm still brainstorming a bit on some incentives, but I'm sure I'll come up with something fun.

Anyways, WHO WANTS IN
WHO HAS BETTER IDEAS QUESTIONS COMMENTS CONCERNS LETS GO.
Follow RedRupee casts on Steam - Facebook - Twitter !
Youtube
Instagram
SNK_Mikasa
Level 0

Re: Friday Night Fights interest!?

Postby SNK_Mikasa » Mon 22 Jun, 2020 7:59 am

Hi I'll be interested in it :)
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Mon 22 Jun, 2020 10:45 am

good idea !

For the FNF, it could be fun to have some games where each player chose the opponent's hero, if no cash involved. Or you choose a hero pool a few days before for everyone, and you change it every week.
Because watching always the same heroes in 1v1 can be boring. PC, WL, LA, WB, FC, and a few others...

And for the king of the hill, if you go for a thematic with planet, maybe the wining player should stick with one race, being able to switch between the 3 race heroes only ? It would add to the immersion for the watchers.

I don't think you need to have some incentives for a weekly fun event tbh. This game is just not big enough for that.
Leave the cash for the bigger and less regular events imo : Adila's league or Impregnable monthlies.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:18 am

I'm always down for some well organized fun games. And, as Guru said, I don't think you'll need to offer anything to get some players coming.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 22 Jun, 2020 1:04 pm

Greetings!

Nice idea, just put the thingy u want to do in the title of the stream at that moment and that would have to suffice! You can later on put the slightly-edited file it in YT. Also Rupee, I think you can pick an "Achievement Goal" for you donations, which might even be better with these events going on. people are just happy to watch and get entertained while helping with donates,views and follows.

Definatley do this, but you dont need overcompensating or offering anything. "Organic Jump into Stream" is the best way. will be fun
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 22 Jun, 2020 9:27 pm

a great Idea and Guru got nice addition to it.

can get a thematic planets/color schemes :)

emulate some lore events like Cadia battles, or Typhus on Maccrage :)
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 23 Jun, 2020 7:10 pm

is there still a Wednesday event other than friday, cause i heard you talk about a "king of the hills" event.
Btw, we can also go for some FFA or even TFFA, covering those is actually really fun!
Despite the disaster that FFA is, it has made some great Post-Tourney FFA (or even TFFA) in the past MRTs and MTTs
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
RedRupee
Shoutcaster

Postby RedRupee » Thu 25 Jun, 2020 1:00 am

Yea, I'm going to be doing King of the Hill matches on Wednesdays. Keep it alittle more casual and see what we can do, we did it at 3 today, Bruce was da king for 4 rounds after dethroning Phase
Follow RedRupee casts on Steam - Facebook - Twitter !
Youtube
Instagram

Return to “Community General Discussion”