Postby crog » Mon 18 Nov, 2019 8:54 pm

Finally 3 heros for OM.
Nids and ig abuse nerfed.
Great job guys.
SOLID SQUIG
Level 1

Re: Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Postby SOLID SQUIG » Wed 20 Nov, 2019 2:09 am

So can we officially release this patch yet?

been hoping for it to pop up on the main page for a while now
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 20 Nov, 2019 4:43 am

SOLID SQUIG wrote:So can we officially release this patch yet?

been hoping for it to pop up on the main page for a while now

Not even close, heroes don't have their final designs yet. Once they get their final designs they will need extensive balance testing.

This log was released to tell you gusy what we've been doing with all of time since 2.9.2 to 2.9.3 so you know we haven't just abandoned y'all and why the patch is taking so long!

We didn't want to announce such a thing so early but there was a lot of pressure to mention why we were taking so long!
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Wed 20 Nov, 2019 7:51 am

First of all, thank you for everything you have ever done so far.

The only thing that I would disagree about Chaos changes would be about Bloodchrusher. This is a weak shock unit remember? It should be way cheaper and way faster to produce. Increasing the power cost just ruins everything about the timing of it. Getting it out ever a few seconds late can ruin the impact it can have.

And about the Tyrant Guard global. Spending 175 red just to get this thing faster? That doesn't justify well enough the prize decrease of 50 req and 10 power. Current global is just perfect, why even bother to change it?
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Wed 20 Nov, 2019 6:58 pm

Asmon wrote:About MS: melee heroes starts at 70MS then gain +1MS per level at first, then +2MS thrice to reach 82MS at level 10. It's mostly the same thing for range heroes except they start at 60MS, and then a few range heroes can equip melee weapon that set their default MS to 70 at level 1. But I guess a few heroes (like WB) only gain +1MS every level. Since the scaling was not the same for everyone (and maybe because he thought 82MS was too high?) Adila decided to normalize it: heroes gain +1MS per level now.

Predators (and tanks in general) need to have a very high MS so units don't proc specials against them, which are often less effective (and can even imply a miss if the pred is moving). Obviously this cannot be applied to walkers for with a high MS they would murder even more enemy infantry, but it's good for every tank around. Besides I thought we had already made this change a few patches ago.

Since we're talking about MS, Adila did you make sure WSE's MS scaling was good to go?

About the patch:

I have mixed feeling about the new GK heroes. Most of their wargears look from very good (except maybe the chemical nades?) to incredibly OP, on a race which already relies on OP units to survive and is rightfully hated for it. Still I suppose this might help the mod regain some attention, attract some more players and in the end have a positive impact on the balance. We'll see.

I noticed it is apparently possible to have a channelling ability ignore the range condition after it has been cast!? Well if you could grant this thing to channelling runes and mind war (and maybe others? not hotw because it's a very short channel) it would certainly help to solve some buggy behaviours.

The Shieldbash ability is mentionned twice with different values. Force Glaive and Null Rod haven't got dps values.

MWB nerf is way too much. The two hits on the special are needed because it's a very long animation (and second hit doesn't track). If you want to remove the second hit you need to speed up the animation. But I think the animation is great as it is now. So keep the two hits and maybe slightly reduce the damage? Then I think you only take the second hit if you don't micro your units... so the damage reduction you propose seems too much, not to mention the damage type. The range attack has already been nerfed, as boss said multiple times now it's a 35 power weapon. So leave it be or reduce the cost.

Immolator was good and is better now, but not 30-power-good. Up the req cost if you want. Eldar is already power starved in the few match-ups where it is really needed (like vs IG).

You went with your idea for the WS change, we'll try it out.

Bloodcrusher might need a higher energy cost for its abilities.

No change to IG heroes abilities? The obvious nerf should be for bionic eye, but I feel a few wargear need to be looked at.

Sentinel without detection is okay, but ambushes will be difficult to set up (even impossible for some heroes).

Will comment more when the website is more stable.

if you are going to buff the MWB attack speed for specials do this for all of the warboss specials as well. most of the time they are dodged or missed. Whats with the warlock casting a special on retreat as well. can you check this is not coincidence? happens more times than not.

otherwise continue to with the MWB nerf..that thing is already amazing in every way.
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Thu 21 Nov, 2019 2:41 am

Batpimp wrote:
Asmon wrote:About MS: melee heroes starts at 70MS then gain +1MS per level at first, then +2MS thrice to reach 82MS at level 10. It's mostly the same thing for range heroes except they start at 60MS, and then a few range heroes can equip melee weapon that set their default MS to 70 at level 1. But I guess a few heroes (like WB) only gain +1MS every level. Since the scaling was not the same for everyone (and maybe because he thought 82MS was too high?) Adila decided to normalize it: heroes gain +1MS per level now.

Predators (and tanks in general) need to have a very high MS so units don't proc specials against them, which are often less effective (and can even imply a miss if the pred is moving). Obviously this cannot be applied to walkers for with a high MS they would murder even more enemy infantry, but it's good for every tank around. Besides I thought we had already made this change a few patches ago.

Since we're talking about MS, Adila did you make sure WSE's MS scaling was good to go?

About the patch:

I have mixed feeling about the new GK heroes. Most of their wargears look from very good (except maybe the chemical nades?) to incredibly OP, on a race which already relies on OP units to survive and is rightfully hated for it. Still I suppose this might help the mod regain some attention, attract some more players and in the end have a positive impact on the balance. We'll see.

I noticed it is apparently possible to have a channelling ability ignore the range condition after it has been cast!? Well if you could grant this thing to channelling runes and mind war (and maybe others? not hotw because it's a very short channel) it would certainly help to solve some buggy behaviours.

The Shieldbash ability is mentionned twice with different values. Force Glaive and Null Rod haven't got dps values.

MWB nerf is way too much. The two hits on the special are needed because it's a very long animation (and second hit doesn't track). If you want to remove the second hit you need to speed up the animation. But I think the animation is great as it is now. So keep the two hits and maybe slightly reduce the damage? Then I think you only take the second hit if you don't micro your units... so the damage reduction you propose seems too much, not to mention the damage type. The range attack has already been nerfed, as boss said multiple times now it's a 35 power weapon. So leave it be or reduce the cost.

Immolator was good and is better now, but not 30-power-good. Up the req cost if you want. Eldar is already power starved in the few match-ups where it is really needed (like vs IG).

No change to IG heroes abilities? The obvious nerf should be for bionic eye, but I feel a few wargear need to be looked at.

Sentinel without detection is okay, but ambushes will be difficult to set up (even impossible for some heroes).

if you are going to buff the MWB attack speed for specials do this for all of the warboss specials as well. most of the time they are dodged or missed. Whats with the warlock casting a special on retreat as well. can you check this is not coincidence? happens more times than not.

otherwise continue to with the MWB nerf..that thing is already amazing in every way.

If a unit is moving its melee skill goes down by 2. Higher chance of specials.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Sat 30 Nov, 2019 10:33 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:
Batpimp wrote:

About the patch:

If a unit is moving its melee skill goes down by 2. Higher chance of specials.

i know my comment is on the occurence of it happening almost exactly as when you press retreat. If you play sorc or warlock you know what im talking about. the moment you retreat you 50% of the time get a special.

also if anyone needs its special proccing or speed of the animation sped up, it's the warboss with default weapon. its literally useless. the apoth and warpspider have better specials.
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Mon 09 Dec, 2019 12:29 am

Why on earth are raveners not getting nerfed? Hormagaunts also deserve more than a 20 req increase.

Nids are stupidly overpowered at the moment due to those two incredibly efficient units. Horms into Ravs will roll almost any t1 and leave very little room for counterplay.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Mon 09 Dec, 2019 2:32 am

Crewfinity wrote:Why on earth are raveners not getting nerfed? Hormagaunts also deserve more than a 20 req increase.

Nids are stupidly overpowered at the moment due to those two incredibly efficient units. Horms into Ravs will roll almost any t1 and leave very little room for counterplay.

I was thinking what to say but this sums you up in a nutshell you are the Rambo of orks maybe when you become decent at the only race you can play orks I will listen till then just don't talk.

Batpimp why on earth does warboss need his specials buffed?
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Chokolata
Level 1

Postby Chokolata » Fri 20 Dec, 2019 12:49 pm

I have tried the beta last night and for the most part i have liked it. The new heroes seem interesting aside the lacking polish and bugs/animations.

The new Warp Spiders and Fire Dragons seem interesting. Hopefully reapers are given a pass as well (too expensive imho).

Hopefully 1v1 Prism and D cannon usage is given a thought. I know they are amazing in team games but in 1v1 are highly map dependent. If not, please add more Eldar t3 options for scaling; for example:
- banshee t3 upgrade
- seer req reduction
- Wraithbone upgrade buff for Lords and Guards

My general feel is eldar t3 is underperforming; However if t1 and t2 are over performing hit them there.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Thu 26 Dec, 2019 5:57 pm

boss wrote:
Crewfinity wrote:Why on earth are raveners not getting nerfed? Hormagaunts also deserve more than a 20 req increase.

I was thinking what to say but this sums you up in a nutshell you are the Rambo of orks maybe when you become decent at the only race you can play orks I will listen till then just don't talk.

Batpimp why on earth does warboss need his specials buffed?

just his default melee special is garbaaaage.com...needs cast time reduced 30 % or switched to be the same animation as bang bang hammer.
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Gabriel
Level 1

Postby Gabriel » Thu 26 Dec, 2019 11:20 pm

I would like to limit the maximum number of squads of all races, so that there is no spam from squads at play, if you can have only one superunit then there is the method to limit squadrons, my idea would be a maximum of 2 I think the majority I would agree well. It is already quite annoying when you go 3 homagaunts or 3 banshess or all army of flash gitz, etc.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Thu 26 Dec, 2019 11:48 pm

Gabriel wrote:I would like to limit the maximum number of squads of all races, so that there is no spam from squads at play, if you can have only one superunit then there is the method to limit squadrons, my idea would be a maximum of 2 I think the majority I would agree well. It is already quite annoying when you go 3 homagaunts or 3 banshess or all army of flash gitz, etc.

So we should get less builds because you're too lazy to counter them?
absolutely disagree
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 28 Dec, 2019 9:49 pm

Spam is easily hard countered. The only problem is when you or your teammate don't know the counter and the spam gets so large it isn't easily countered, but that's a L2P issue and shouldn't be balanced around.
StormKnight
Level 0

Postby StormKnight » Tue 31 Dec, 2019 5:20 pm

```- Apothecary Heal, Zoanthrope Symbiosis, Painboy Git Sauces, and Mekboy Heal can no longer target unconscious units.```

Calling a feature of the healer hero's a bugfix then removing it is kinda bad in my opinion. ranged ress is a feature of the healer heros.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 31 Dec, 2019 6:16 pm

Batpimp wrote:
just his default melee special is garbaaaage.com...needs cast time reduced 30 % or switched to be the same animation as bang bang hammer.

He starts with a 360% special that has the same timer as most others how it that garbage?
Bang hammer has 2 specials 180% and a 360% same as default
Gabriel
Level 1

Postby Gabriel » Thu 02 Jan, 2020 5:30 am

some way to change the music of the menu, I would like to try other types of music such as the Force Commander of DOW 1. and add death sound to IG in dow 2 IG screams when he dies
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Thu 02 Jan, 2020 10:50 pm

boss wrote:
Batpimp wrote:

He starts with a 360% special that has the same timer as most others how it that garbage?
Bang hammer has 2 specials 180% and a 360% same as default

a 360 special that is faster and better on the ability not the default 360 special.
a 360 special that takes so long to wind up it neither creates the escape the warlock/sorc/CL have. It also neither creates the pressure a faster cast would or much better usage if a 180 special like claw and Bang bang hammer have.

i can guarantee you the 360 special is no where near as fast as the iNQ/HT/FS/Warlock/Banshee/Stormboyz/Sluggas...etc.. it doesnt applies the pressure you need and it used defensively to save your hero instead of apply pressure.

Shit even the warlock/sorc bs last second specials saves you from being killed
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sat 04 Jan, 2020 10:40 pm

There's nothing wrong about warboss' specials, no need to improve his already outstanding melee prowess
maybe learn the limits of the hero before you ask for changes
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 07 Jan, 2020 7:10 pm

I'll look into WB specials just in case.

As for menu music, we'll definitely consider that!
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Wed 08 Jan, 2020 3:21 am

PianoMan wrote:There's nothing wrong about warboss' specials, no need to improve his already outstanding melee prowess
maybe learn the limits of the hero before you ask for changes

then why buff the MWB or nerf it.

the warboss default special attack on his default weapon is garbage. why even have it when i can click to choose it when i want? The make it the same cast time as the HT AOE or the Farseer AOE or the INQ AOE

No comments about his upgraded weapons.
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 08 Jan, 2020 5:04 am

Merciless Witchblade does not even need more nerfs after already taken some in the past, it's one of the most costly weapons in t1 and if it keep taking more nerfs soon it will have to go down in cost.

Again crying about a 360 kb on a melee hero is just lol try and use it to your advantage instead of complaining.
Also since you don't even know what hero's have 360 kb maybe you shouldn't complaining, fs and inq have 180 not 360 kb hence why they are faster.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Wed 08 Jan, 2020 6:19 am

its only useful on the ability input...because i can control it and its way faster.

the default special attack on the warboss default weapon is garbage. When it does go off the cast time is slow, you lose damage when it misses, causes you to lose melee range with target and it it can be interrupted with your own ability cast of the warboss stomp. It tries to do the same job as the HT/Bro captain AOE default weapon special attack but the windup and cast time is slower.
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Inekura
Level 2

Postby Inekura » Wed 08 Jan, 2020 2:30 pm

Just remove wb special ))))
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 08 Jan, 2020 6:20 pm

I don't really see any reason to change it given that the warboss has such high burst damage on his melee swings and an innate anti melee ability unlike say... the hive tyrant. Who also lacks a firearm. There's swings and roundabouts here. Also remember he gets the charge via angry bitz which buffs his melee damage further.

Does warboss need a buff? The special has always been as good/bad as it is now. Why change that?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Wed 08 Jan, 2020 10:38 pm

Torpid wrote:I don't really see any reason to change it given that the warboss has such high burst damage on his melee swings and an innate anti melee ability unlike say... the hive tyrant. Who also lacks a firearm. There's swings and roundabouts here. Also remember he gets the charge via angry bitz which buffs his melee damage further.

Does warboss need a buff? The special has always been as good/bad as it is now. Why change that?

I guess i dont see it as a buff in my mind. i see it as normalizing/standardizing the AOE ability other similar heroes have.
the gist of it is, is it good? no. is it bad, not in apperance but in action and practicality ...
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Thu 09 Jan, 2020 1:25 pm

Batpimp wrote:
Torpid wrote:I don't really see any reason to change it given that the warboss has such high burst damage on his melee swings and an innate anti melee ability unlike say... the hive tyrant. Who also lacks a firearm. There's swings and roundabouts here. Also remember he gets the charge via angry bitz which buffs his melee damage further.

I guess i dont see it as a buff in my mind. i see it as normalizing/standardizing the AOE ability other similar heroes have.
the gist of it is, is it good? no. is it bad, not in apperance but in action and practicality ...

It's still an unnecessary buff, even if you don't see it as such.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Thu 09 Jan, 2020 1:38 pm

Batpimp wrote:

The only hero's that have a 360 special attack by default is the Warlock,Hivetyrant,Sorcerer,Warboss and used to be Warp spider he was the only hero that had an instant special attack hence why he lost it, rest takes about 2 or 3 secs before the kb and damage so no need to change Warboss one.
Inekura
Level 2

Postby Inekura » Tue 14 Jan, 2020 12:49 am

New changelog when
Let us in on your ideas dila
Get some hype and or discussion going
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Tue 14 Jan, 2020 1:04 am

Should have some time this weekend to post an updated version.

Return to “Releases”