Playing with the Plague Champion

Strategy and L2P topics.
Nehkrosis
Level 1

Playing with the Plague Champion

Postby Nehkrosis » Mon 16 Dec, 2019 1:26 pm

So, I've been away from the game for the past 8 months, but have recently gotten back into it.
I've always mained the PC, but have found that I'm getting my ass handed to me far more often than I had before.

Has the meta regarding this champion changed? I can go into detail about my playstyle if people are curious, but my typical build is to start with Plague Sword, go suppressing armour, and finally then Icon.

Is this build ok? If anyone has tips, id be glad to listen :)
Thanks for reading
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Re: Playing with the Plague Champion

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Mon 16 Dec, 2019 1:31 pm

Your main problem is going for a specific build every time.

You shouldn't always autopurchase those wargears and rather see what your enemy is getting and then think about what army composition can counter it
Nehkrosis
Level 1

Postby Nehkrosis » Mon 16 Dec, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I believe you were in a game last night, we lost :p

Back to topic, I usually got for that build, but I do change it up . Thats just a general build.

For example I tend to keep the bolter for awhile, especially when roaming with CSMs. In a case against SMs id use the Mucus discharge. Against IG/Orks, plague nade.

But I feel like I need way more practice.
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Mon 16 Dec, 2019 1:56 pm

General advice I can give for pc is try using cover well. Your pc wants to be in green cover most of the time and good worship support is also very important.

But yeah like you said it's all about playing more.
I'm a pc main myself and I started with pc. He's an easy to learn champion so you just have to get some experience. :P
Nehkrosis
Level 1

Postby Nehkrosis » Mon 16 Dec, 2019 2:26 pm

Cheers man, I appreciate it! Will just keep on practicing.
In terms of little strats, ive been trying things like using the plague sword, then using rezd unit abilities, like a rezd cultist or a stormboys jump ability, things like that.
Or comboing a plague nade with a plague cloud, but its all about fast clicks. More practice needed :p
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Mon 16 Dec, 2019 2:28 pm

That's good to know. Those are some nice combos :)
You could try using raptors to suppress enemy units and then throw a blight nade at them. Or just set it up with havocs
Nehkrosis
Level 1

Postby Nehkrosis » Mon 16 Dec, 2019 3:57 pm

Exactly, only thing is that nade only effects the first army it hits, your side, or the enemy. Like if it hit my raptors first, it would then only spread to my allies and my own troops and not the opponents. And vice versa.

Return to “Strategy Discussion”