Elite League Season 4 with big Prize Pool

Tournament discussion and registration.
Adila
Level 3

Elite League Season 4 with big Prize Pool

Postby Adila » Mon 01 Jul, 2019 10:39 am

Hello and welcome to the Elite League Season 4 !
Last time around most stuff has beeing going well in the Groupstages and especially B surpriced me with the amount of activity and close games !
That means we are keeping the A and B Divison format but we return to a League strucure like in League 1 and 2. Each League will have 16 Players duking it out for 3 weeks to advance to the Playoffs which will include the Top 10 Players out of there, we wont have a Loosers Bracket this time around and the Final Stage will happen in 1 Day like a MRT Tourney. Players do still drop out for certain reasons during Playoffs especially mostly since it took that long again. I will try to cut it down to the 1 Day tourney this time around and hopefully it provide us another great League experience !

1. When does it start?
24th July is the planned date, it will be played on Patch 2.9.2

2. Who can join?
Tier 1 Players only in Division A
Tier 2 Players with at least 500 Hours Playtime in Division B or bottom Tier Tier 1 Players
If you think you belong in another League I will place you try to prove that by playing more ranked games on the ladder so I can watch your gameplay.
Preferably the Players who want to join the League have to play at least 10 ESL matches in the past 2 weeks.

3. What is the format?
1v1 Location: Random Resources: standard VPS: 500
In the group stage it is going to be one BO3 vs each player. The group stage will last 3 weeks.
After that bottom 6 Players drop out and Top 10 are seeded into the Final Bracket Stage.( also called Playoffs)

4. When does a League game count as one?
- Both players have to use the ESL Reporter.
- Both players type L within the first minute. If an admin is present then 1 player typing L is enough.
- You can only pick one of your 5 chosen heroes during the matches.

5. Maps & hero picks.
Heroes
You can only play your heroes once each match!
Each player has 1 hero veto per match. The veto only lasts for 1 game.
Players who go random dont have to call the hero they get but they loos the right to ban a hero from the opponent.
If a soundbug or other crashes happen the Player has to pick the same Hero he randomed last time again !

Group stage (BO3)
The map is chosen by the random map picker. The same map can only be played once per match.
Each player can veto 1 map during a match. That map is then banned for the rest of the match.
The player on the top bracket is always asked first if he wants to veto if he hasn't yet.
Once the map is chosen, the player in the top bracket will have to pick a hero first.
After the first game, the player who won the previous game has to lock into a hero first.

Play-offs (BO5)
The first map is set. From game 2 and onwards it's losers pick.
Once the map is chosen, the player in the top bracket will have to pick a hero first.
Hero picks then keep alternating between player regardless of who won.

6. Punishment for not playing/delaying to much.
Each Player needs to play his week set BO3 matches each week to not slow down the progress. You will always have fixed opponents for every week.
You can delay one match to the next week but then you have to play one of your next week matches that week instead. You also get a penalty for doing it for one match the second match onwards gives you 3 Penalty points.( With 10 you are Dqed and not allowed to play in the next Season as well)
Please inform the admins beforehand if you are not able to play on certain days.
If a player didn't warn an admin or the opponent that he is not able to play then he gets 3 days to play it or else he will get an auto loss.
You can postpone a BO3 if you agree with your opponent to a different date.

7. Map Pool.
Ashes of Typhon
Calderis Refinery
Green Tooth Gorge
Green Tooth jungle Rx
Judgement of Carrion
Leviathan Hive
Outer Reaches
Quests Heresy
Siwal Frontier
Fedrid Folly
Jarilos Forge
Vulcan Pits
Calderis Desert
Selenon Island
Seraph Palace

Elite League Season 4 Map Picker: https://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/28_ZcVYh3

8. How to Sign up ?
Write down your name + steam profile link below with your 5 Hero picks or Random + The Divison you think you belong in.
GK is allowed in this one.
Links to Challonge:
https://challonge.com/wwtz2weh

9. Prize Pool.
We start off with a Prize Pool off 50€ for Division A and 20€ for Division B.
Prizepool is 70% for Rank 1 20% for Rank 2 an 10% for Rank 3

awis214@gmail.com via paypal or contact myself or Eerie directly.

Prizepool at the moment: 91€
Donations:
Adila: 70€
DarkHero: 15€
Horscht: 6€

Streamers:
https://www.twitch.tv/adila610
https://www.twitch.tv/bbbos
https://www.twitch.tv/nurland
https://www.twitch.tv/mateba
https://www.twitch.tv/senpai_torpid_dow
Last edited by Adila on Thu 25 Jul, 2019 2:51 am, edited 16 times in total.
Adila
Level 3

Re: Elite League Season 4 with big Prize Pool

Postby Adila » Mon 01 Jul, 2019 10:46 am

Division A
https://challonge.com/wwtz2weh
1. BbBoS: FC/PC/INQ/WL/LA
2. Hiveminion: HT/RA/LA/MEK/SORC
3. Toilailee: APO/(TM)INQ/BC/LG/PC
4. Piano: WL/MEK/WB/(KNOB)WSE/PC
5. Red Beard: PC/(TM)CL/KN/SORC/WB
6. BestNoob: LG/LC/PC/MB/(WSE)INQ
7. Shoulder Mount: INQ/HT/BC/LA/LC
8. Shroom: CL/SORC/(BC)PC/LA/WL
9. Ben1993: FS/WL/(SORC)RA/PC/LA
10. Torpid: CL/CS/TM/APO/RA
11. Yaay: Random
12. Darkhero: FC/CL/PC/MEK/FS
13. Adila: MEK/TM/(APO)KNOB/FS/WL
14. Fathom: SORC/INQ/MEK/FC/FS
15. Localghost: APO/TM/SORC/BC/FC
16. Floid: WB/HT/LA/MEK/PC
17. Broodwich: FC/LC/WL/FS/LA
18. TheCrydd: WL/WSE/TM/AP/SORC
Last edited by Adila on Sun 18 Aug, 2019 11:11 am, edited 22 times in total.
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Mon 01 Jul, 2019 10:46 am

Division B

CUT due to lack of sign ups, players are now listed in A, tell me if you are willing to play regardless
Last edited by Adila on Thu 25 Jul, 2019 2:51 am, edited 11 times in total.
hiveminion
Level 3

Postby hiveminion » Mon 01 Jul, 2019 4:23 pm

Hiveminion - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005425360/

All the Nids, Mek & Sorceror

Division A? I don't care either way.
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Mon 01 Jul, 2019 7:41 pm

BbBoS
Division A
https://steamcommunity.com/id/bbbos

Force Commander
Plague Champion
Inquisitor
Warlock
Lictor Alpha
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Sun 14 Jul, 2019 12:01 am

Tourney is starting in one week, throw in the sign ups guys.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Sun 14 Jul, 2019 12:18 pm

"Fathom"
------------
Divison B: Unless that is I can play in Division A.

-"The Chaos Sorcerer", "Inquisitor", "Mekboy", "The Force Commander", "Farseer."
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Sun 14 Jul, 2019 11:46 pm

toilet

apo, tm, bc, lg, pc
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Mon 15 Jul, 2019 12:08 am

Element wrote:Divison B: Unless that is I can play in Division A.

All you need to play in A is the will to do so. I'll be waiting for you. :twisted:
Last edited by Toilailee on Mon 15 Jul, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Beard B|
Level 1

Postby Red Beard B| » Mon 15 Jul, 2019 6:48 pm

PC,TM,KN,CS,WB
Last edited by Red Beard B| on Tue 16 Jul, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dark Ace
Level 1

Postby Dark Ace » Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:25 pm

Dark Ace - https://steamcommunity.com/id/Dark_Ace7/

Division B?

Lord General, Apothecary, Warlock, Warboss and Sorcerer
Bestn00b
Level 1

Postby Bestn00b » Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:00 pm

LG LC PC MB WL
ArcticFrenzy
Level 1

Postby ArcticFrenzy » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 12:47 pm

Hmmm another fake tourney? Let me remind that previous tournament is invalid,

due to me being disallowed right before I could fight Torpid — resulting in him being winner once more.

Lets see if Adila finally got laid and will be less emotional this time.

ArcticFrenzy wrote:Image

ArcticFrenzy (signed, followed are hero picks): CL, BC, WSE, WB, TM.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 1:38 pm

I can see how it would be infuriating form your point of view Arctic.
But your, quite frankly, childish post is not helping your case.

You were already given several warnings and were still being a nuisance.
Look at it from the tournament organizer's (TO) perspective.
The TO is already giving up his free time to make these events happen. It's not easy to manage so many players, especially if some are not cooperating.
The rules were very clear imo and when a TO says something then follow what is being said.
This should still naturally be within reason of the tournament rules or should be minor changes within reason.
The things being said were well within reason and already on the rules page.
Again this is something someone is doing for free and they are providing prizes!

Considering all of the above I feel that you really have no grounds to stand on. I would assume an apology is in order here.
After that we can all move on and hopefully enjoy a nice event and keep this community alive with as many people as possible.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 3:27 pm

ArcticFrenzy wrote:...

Highlight the part where Adila did something wrong...

I was actually looking forward to seeing you play in last season but then you had to go and get kicked out for you antics. :?
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 4:32 pm

i was looking forward to arctic getting rekt by everyone too :/
cant you just go back to farming nobodies and getting rekt by ricemuncher?
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 4:46 pm

Some people don't seem to get what a PRIVATE tourney is. Just because not every organizer written a rule down somewhere doesn't mean below things don't apply.
- The organizer has the right to alter any rules during the tournament to adapt to various needs that arise.
- The organizer will refrain from altering rules during the tournament as best as he or she can in order to keep consistency in applying rules but will not hesitate to intervene if the need arises.

Basically, it is an unspoken deal between those who join and the organizer.
- Organizer can do whatever he or she wants with rules even during the tournament and stuff like that.
BUT he or she will restrain from doing so for it makes it not fair for those who join.
If the organizer break this restrain, he or she will deal with the consequences such as losing support by doing whatever he or she wants.

- On the other hand, players gets to leave and complain whenever he or she wants.
They also suffer consequences of their action by losing of esteem by other community members when the reason for doing so is something that cannot be agreed with.

When a player join a PRIVATE tournament, it is the same as he or she accepts above unspoken rules. Don't come into someone's private house and try to overrule the owner of the house. Leave if you don't like above unspoken rules.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 4:57 pm

You know writing all this for arcticfrenzy is pointless right? Hes egewithin level retarded
Floid
Level 2

Postby Floid » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 6:25 pm

Division A Nids, and Z for the rest:

WB, HT, LA, Mek, PC
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 6:47 pm

I only beat two people in div A. One of them was arctic :)

FC, LC, WL, FS, LA
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Shoulder Mount
Level 1

Postby Shoulder Mount » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 9:11 pm

Adila throw me in whatever division needs moar cannon fodder. xP
Not sure on my heroes yet, TBD.
ArcticFrenzy
Level 1

Postby ArcticFrenzy » Wed 17 Jul, 2019 10:01 am

Dark Riku wrote:I can see how it would be infuriating form your point of view Arctic.
But your, quite frankly, childish post is not helping your case.

You were already given several warnings and were still being a nuisance.
Look at it from the tournament organizer's (TO) perspective.
The TO is already giving up his free time to make these events happen. It's not easy to manage so many players, especially if some are not cooperating.
The rules were very clear imo and when a TO says something then follow what is being said.
This should still naturally be within reason of the tournament rules or should be minor changes within reason.
The things being said were well within reason and already on the rules page.
Again this is something someone is doing for free and they are providing prizes!

Considering all of the above I feel that you really have no grounds to stand on. I would assume an apology is in order here.
After that we can all move on and hopefully enjoy a nice event and keep this community alive with as many people as possible.

I followed the rules being written. My suspicion started to rise once some rules were made in "mid-run" by organizer. I followed organizers instructions nonetheless.

It was only later I was informed that one thing organizer allowed to other players was strictly forbidden to me.

It is true that I am fan of possitive special treatment, but in case of elite I am fine with "same rules to everyone" being applied.

I would continue with tournament, if organizer hadnt storm my lobby. Making me feel that it was prepared, and would it be to anyones surprise?

Personally I wouldnt ban anyone from tournament just because of this. Seems it was naive from me to expect certain amount of professionality.

Impregnable wrote:Some people don't seem to get what a PRIVATE tourney is. Just because not every organizer written a rule down somewhere doesn't mean below things don't apply.
- The organizer has the right to alter any rules during the tournament to adapt to various needs that arise.
- The organizer will refrain from altering rules during the tournament as best as he or she can in order to keep consistency in applying rules but will not hesitate to intervene if the need arises.

Basically, it is an unspoken deal between those who join and the organizer.
- Organizer can do whatever he or she wants with rules even during the tournament and stuff like that.
BUT he or she will restrain from doing so for it makes it not fair for those who join.
If the organizer break this restrain, he or she will deal with the consequences such as losing support by doing whatever he or she wants.

- On the other hand, players gets to leave and complain whenever he or she wants.
They also suffer consequences of their action by losing of esteem by other community members when the reason for doing so is something that cannot be agreed with.

When a player join a PRIVATE tournament, it is the same as he or she accepts above unspoken rules. Don't come into someone's private house and try to overrule the owner of the house. Leave if you don't like above unspoken rules.

And here I thought its somewhat controlled by players in "charge" here. It should not be for players like Adila to decide my presence in tournament. You (plural) also has put some endeavour into this game mod and Adila is making charade out of it.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Wed 17 Jul, 2019 10:43 am

Přečti si pravidla a nebuď tupej kripl, dík.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Wed 17 Jul, 2019 1:15 pm

ArcticFrenzy wrote:And here I thought its somewhat controlled by players in "charge" here. It should not be for players like Adila to decide my presence in tournament. You (plural) also has put some endeavour into this game mod and Adila is making charade out of it.

If that is what you thought, that pretty much explains why you should leave for the betterment of yourself. What is this weird deal regarding being professional? No one is being paid money here and no one is working under some sort of written and law binding contract. Under this kind of situation where everything is resting on so called GOOD WILL, nothing is public and everything is under PRIVATE rules. When something is private, the owner of it can do whatever he or she wants but takes consequences of his or her action if that is something that cannot be agreed with those who share. Same for people who join such private schemes. They can leave or join or criticize when they want. Only consequence they take is lose of esteem one gets from others if the action taken is something that cannot be agreed with.

Elite Mod itself is a Private scheme. Who decided that it should focus on 1v1? Who decided that it should change in certain way? Nowadays, it is a collective business of high skilled players but back in the days, Caeltos was the one who decided. People lent him support or left as they wish over the course of Elite Mod development. Was Caletos professional or did he pretend to be professional? No his vision was a private Vision. He had no obligation as to what to do. It was a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with his Private vision. Could you criticize and leave? Yes but can you force him to do what you want? No. Could try to pressure indirectly by asking other players to support you to change Caeltos' view but there is no such physical or financial means to make him change by force.

To be honest, Artic. You are making yourself look bad by insisting to be on Elite. People here are not agreeing with you and promptly showing you the door. https://xkcd.com/1357/

No one is assuming moral high ground here. There is no such thing in a private scheme where only choice is to either agree and stay or to disagree and leave. No one is trying to be professional either. Simply, Adila did what he thought was right with his private league and others don't support you. If you disagree, fine by me. Just reminding you that everything involving in Elite is private scheme and nothing exempt anyone anywhere from boycotting or getting kicked out of the community by majority opinion.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
ben1993
Level 1

Postby ben1993 » Wed 17 Jul, 2019 3:48 pm

Ben1993

FARSEER, WARLOCK , SORCERER, PLAGUE CHAMPION, LICTOR ALPHA
Vindicarex
Head of Balance

Postby Vindicarex » Thu 18 Jul, 2019 5:53 am

Basically,the people you pissed off are the same 20 people who run this little club @ArcticFrenzy. May not be fair, but the reality of small communities is that they can be arbitrary
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 18 Jul, 2019 8:53 am

Vindicarex wrote:Basically,the people you pissed off are the same 20 people who run this little club @ArcticFrenzy. May not be fair, but the reality of small communities is that they can be arbitrary

And here I was hyped because I thought Vindi had abandoned dota and come back to dow2 to smash all the competition in the elite league... If only.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
TheCrydd
Level 2

Postby TheCrydd » Thu 18 Jul, 2019 5:44 pm

TheCrydd

SteamId: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002084741/

Warlock, Warpspider, Techmarine, Apotechary, Chaos Sorcerer

Return to “Tournaments”