Crashing on start.....

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Kyras
Level 0

Crashing on start.....

Postby Kyras » Sun 26 May, 2019 10:34 pm

Hello.. Itried installing this mod several mounth ago but failed and then gave up now that i have a new OS i thought maybe things changed but and it did slightly now it just crashes on start and its installed in the right directory and i do have the elite module file in there and i set the launch options to - modname ELITE -dev sooo...... Pls help? And by the way when i reinstalled the original game its was installed in a folder named dawn of war 2 along with an empty dawn of war ii retribution folder which the installer aimed for 1st thing before i changed it to the actuall game's
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Crashing on start.....

Postby Impregnable » Sun 26 May, 2019 11:13 pm

"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: Crashing on start.....

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 02 Jun, 2019 5:52 pm

Certain steps to do. Not sure if they will solve your problem.

You need "Dawn of War II: Retribution" to play Elite. Not "Dawn of War II" or "Dawn of War II: the last standalone".
If you reinstall DoW2:R, make sure to boot the game once before installing Elite as it finalizes the installment progress.
When installing Elite make sure Steam, DoW2:R and Elite are all on the same hard drive.
You do not need to change any launch options, use the shortcut the Elite installer makes for you.

Return to “Technical Issues”