Elite Mod Crashes on launch

Discussion on technical issues (installation, launching).
Dino_spumoni
Level 0

Postby Dino_spumoni » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 9:32 pm

Hello, topic is very straight forward, never launched Elite mod Successfully on this computer.

Normal DOW 2 will launch and run without issue, attempting to run Elite mod through it's own launcher or through steam with the "-modname Elite" launcher option causes an instant crash. Steam never shows the game launching it goes straight to the relic crash reporter.

Steam file check shows no invalid files and the error occurs with both 2.8 and 2.8.1.

Any ideas out there?
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: Elite Mod Crashes on launch

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 11:20 pm

Have you tried to look through the technical issues forum first?
Your issue is probably already explained in there.

Is your Elite on the same drive as DoW2 is?
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:36 am

Mowt common reason for this is that your elite mod is not installed in the correct folder
#noobcodex
Porz
Level 0

Postby Porz » Wed 21 Nov, 2018 12:54 am

I also had this issue.
I didn't know that you need to select the location of the game when installing the mod. And I can't remember reading this somewhere.
The install wizard just asks for a location like it doesn't matter.

Maybe change this text? Or make a note somewhere?
Tripfap
Level 0

Postby Tripfap » Sat 18 May, 2019 1:52 am

Hi,
I have the same need. I use trainer Elite Novo Force 8 and like to estimate the power via Powerpod. Is there already a fix for it? Thanks, Adalberto
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 18 May, 2019 5:51 am

If the problem is just people installing it in the wrong spot, then the solution is to just point it in the right directory. The installer just goes towards the default directory. This is only an issue if you have an unusual Steam/DowII installation.

That being said, just looking through this thread I can't say for sure what the exact problem is.
Kyras
Level 0

Postby Kyras » Sun 26 May, 2019 10:27 pm

Hello.. Itried installing this mod several mounth ago but failed and then gave up now that i have a new OS i thought maybe things chaged but and it did slightly now it just crashes on start and its installed in the right directory and i do have the elite module file in there and i set the launch options to - modname ELITE -dev sooo...... Pls help? And by the way when i reinstalled the original game its was installed in a folder named dawn of war 2 along with an empty dawn of war ii retribution folder which the installer aimed for 1st thing before i changed it to the actuall game's [quote="Atlas"]If the problem is just people installing it in the wrong spot,
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sun 26 May, 2019 11:13 pm

Kyras wrote:Hello.. Itried installing this mod several mounth ago but failed and then gave up now that i have a new OS i thought maybe things chaged but and it did slightly now it just crashes on start and its installed in the right directory and i do have the elite module file in there and i set the launch options to - modname ELITE -dev sooo...... Pls help? And by the way when i reinstalled the original game its was installed in a folder named dawn of war 2 along with an empty dawn of war ii retribution folder which the installer aimed for 1st thing before i changed it to the actuall game's
Atlas wrote:If the problem is just people installing it in the wrong spot,

Ask at https://discord.gg/s8JRMNG
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"

Return to “Technical Issues”