Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
paladinsquad
Level 0

GK is OP?

Postby paladinsquad » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 3:47 am

I play only GK.

I sometimes see 'No GK' Room.

Apparently in 2.8.1, I heard "no Gk plz, thanks" from the team members. hahaha

I think 2.9+2.9.1 patch improves GK's AV, There is nothing else.

Is Grey Knight really overpowered? What's your opinion?
Last edited by paladinsquad on Wed 03 Apr, 2019 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crewfinity
Level 4

Re: Gk is op?

Postby Crewfinity » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 5:46 am

Nah people are just dumb.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 6:43 am

Not enough people play GK to know if they're broken or not. Most people just think they're op because they don't know how to deal with them.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 7:31 am

Crewfinity wrote:Nah people are just dumb.

It's leftovers from rougher patches ago. Even the biggest haters of OM today would have a hard time calling the faction broken op imo.
Asmon
Level 4

Re: GK is OP?

Postby Asmon » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 5:31 pm

GK tier 3 is fucking OP and it is what matters the most in teamgames, hence the recurring bans you witnessed.
Antandron
Level 2

Postby Antandron » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 5:59 pm

PaladinSquad you should play some 3v3s vs OM T3.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 6:08 pm

paladinsquad wrote:I play only GK.

I sometimes see 'No GK' Room.

Apparently in 2.8.1, I heard "no Gk plz, thanks" from the team members. hahaha

I think 2.9+2.9.1 patch improves GK's AV, There is nothing else.

Is Grey Knight really overpowered? What's your opinion?

It is rightfully hated.
It might sound interesting to newer people, I understand; but it is really hated in general among the old elite players. GK has always been wierd and with the constant changes they get every patch they are getting shittier as the time goes on!
One patch they have no AV suddenly they have shit ton of AV and a lot of melee (SS,Purifiers,2 fucking termis which both have av btw). fucking brother captain is ridiculus u can constantly fill his shield with a thousand things (global and abilities).
Imagine playing LG vs GK 1v1, if they go nade launchers and purg at the same time u gotta counter KB and supression at the same time. sure u can get sentinel but they have those range ss again which solves the problem

Necrons and DarkEldar instead of GK and Eldar pls :P (F these two races) :x
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Wed 03 Apr, 2019 10:46 pm

Iirc the GK/OM Termie guns are not av anymore. Haven't been for a while unless that got changed back.

Anyhow the Terminator/Paladin blob of doom is annoying as hell to play against in 3v3
#noobcodex
SOLID SQUIG
Level 1

Postby SOLID SQUIG » Thu 04 Apr, 2019 4:06 pm

Nurland wrote:
Anyhow the Terminator/Paladin blob of doom is annoying as hell to play against in 3v3

This is my feelings exactly.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 05 Apr, 2019 12:09 am

We need a broader approach to terminator spam in 3v3 I think because OM/CSM/SM all massively overperform in 3v3 compared to 1v1 due to it... Something like giving terminator variants higher upkeep than they have atm. They already do have disproportionatley high amounts... but it clearly isn't enough since spamming them is so viable. Same to the ork t3 infantry that are likewise too spammable.

If it is a legitimate strategy to suicide your low tier, levelled up units, so as to open up your pop and reduce upkeep so you can spam t3 units then something has gone seriously wrong.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
paladinsquad
Level 0

Postby paladinsquad » Fri 05 Apr, 2019 3:22 am

I do not think that Grey Knight is as weak as in 2.8.1.

But I do not think it's an OP anymore.

Opinion thanks.
paladinsquad
Level 0

Postby paladinsquad » Fri 05 Apr, 2019 3:27 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Not enough people play GK to know if they're broken or not. Most people just think they're op because they don't know how to deal with them.

I fully agree with that opinion. I play GK but I do not know how to deal with GK when I meet hahaha
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 05 Apr, 2019 4:10 am

But Land Raider and Termie spam is so much fun :)
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sat 06 Apr, 2019 3:49 pm

Torpid wtf you about terminator spam in teamgames, only gk can spam them and that cos in the past there was not much else to get in t3 now that's not so much the case, sm and chaos can get tanks and tanks>terminators easy.

Gk t3 only became a really problem when they got interceptors with psycannons this unit is a pissstain and makes any vehicles useless whoever came up with this unit should be banned on the forums and never be allowed to talk about balance.
You got Paladins then terminators then a interceptor squad and anything else just helps no wonder gk t3 broken.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 06 Apr, 2019 7:04 pm

Tfw getting 2 Termis and a 3rd T3 squad is hard to play against. If you're investing that much into lategame I would hope it does something. I don't even understand why this is an OM-specific problem either. If Orks Get 2 Tanks and Nobs or you see a Pred an LRR and Terms or w/e, these are all VERY troublesome compositions.

I mean I'm fine with nerfs if needed, but I really don't understand the "broken" outcry if it is still a thing. SM and IG has been doing it better for longer and we let them get away with it :/ .
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Sun 07 Apr, 2019 9:19 pm

I don't get it. Paladins have almost (Palads hit quicker and 0.5 faster on foot) same stats with Assault Terminators. And yet Paladins are fucking godlike dudes in matches, while Assault Terminatos are far easier to deal with. The difference shouldn't be this big.

Maybe its somethng about what Brother Captain offers as support. Better speed, constant energy refresh, etc.
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
Ansam
Level 0

Postby Ansam » Mon 08 Apr, 2019 3:04 am

My computer doesn't do 3v3s with Relic netcode. Anyways, done a bunch of 1v1s and 2v2s with my friends, myself being GK, the others usually being anything but Tyranids. It got to the point I was losing in T1 and never being able to afford T2 before the game ended. My Knights getting out melee'd, purgations getting suppressed...

Then I discovered just how dumb the nade launchers are for the Storm Troopers. All I do is just get 3 ST and upgrade them. With all the knockback, and Acolytes in T2, they are very easy to keep alive. All I need is to guarantee my defense of the generators and a single VP, so that T3 is inevitable. The nades are also good for poking enemy gens.

Then a Rhino for AV in T2. It deals with the Melee and other transport vehicles well, while supporting the Trooper's front line ability. It's T3 upgrade also turns it into a rival of actual T3 tanks, so it transitions very well. Hit T3, grab termies and final upgrades. I didn't think the Rhino could reinforce Termies, but in one of the team games I think it did. Need confirmation on that.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 08 Apr, 2019 4:08 am

Rhino and razorbacks can reinforce terminator variants, yes.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!

Return to “Balance Discussion”