New models for Elite Mod

Modding discussion.
Adila
Level 3

New models for Elite Mod

Postby Adila » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 10:49 am

Hello there, we are searching for a few skilled guys to make some new stuff possible. The next step would be to add 2 new OM/GK Heroes into the game
but we lack a guy with the experience to do so in the Team right now. If anyone is interested to help out please leave a comment down below or contact
myself or Atlas directly. Big thanks in Advance.
Torpid

Re: New models for Elite Mod

Postby Torpid » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 4:18 pm

Bear in mind that we're basically in the dark age of technology right now in terms of modellers and models. Nobody knows the best way to do it and nobody is aware of someone with the skill-set to do it. That means if you can you are a valuable resource!

And there is a lot of appetite in the community to get new content out there. New races. New heroes. New models.

In the event that someone was to come along with the expertise to provide that I am sure financial incentives could be set-up. Contact me, Adila, or Atlas either via PM in the forums or over discord/steam. Even if you can't do it yourself if you know anywhere where we could find people who might be able to do it that would be appreciated.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:26 pm

I can try giving you a hand. I am privy to the secrets of 3d and animation, but do not have that much time on my hands, but if you need anything, drop me a line.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 15 Mar, 2019 5:35 am

Garrick wrote:I can try giving you a hand. I am privy to the secrets of 3d and animation, but do not have that much time on my hands, but if you need anything, drop me a line.

Honestly, if your time is limited, the best service you can do is writing up basic guides on HOW to do stuff. I've been in the background trying to do it with Cope's toolbox and I need to get started doing this on other things too.

But yes, we appreciate your help now and always!
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Fri 15 Mar, 2019 6:22 pm

The biggest issue is that there are several pieces of software which are outdated beyond belief and no longer available (cf. 3ds Max 2009/10, Havok Content Tools ver.6_6_0_20090703). I can teach people how to set up the pipeline (which is actually very easy to do), but there is no longer a legal way to obtain two vital pieces of software, and I'm not comfortable rampantly advertising piracy, even if it's about what amounts to abandonware. So there's that.
Last edited by Garrick on Sat 16 Mar, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:37 pm

K! Anything you can provide would be amazing, tyvm in advance.
SirNicholasTA
Level 0

Postby SirNicholasTA » Mon 18 Mar, 2019 7:53 pm

Foreword, I just made an account here to reply to this, I’m not super involved with dawn of war or the elite mod, I just like to watch the games. In fact I only found out you guys needed modellers from a youtube comment on one of Indrids faction war casts.

I’m an aspiring 3d modeller, taking many high end courses in it, and can make and texture great models. I also own many of the current industry standard programs for 3d modelling.
I don’t know the steps required to get the models into the game though, or what specifications they need. If you need me to learn that though I can and get back to you on it, if you could point me in the right direction.
If all you need is a model, tell me what you need. I’d love to be a part of this really cool mod. I’ve seen my favorite mods for other games die out from lack of support, I don’t want that happening here.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Mon 18 Mar, 2019 8:43 pm

SirNicholasTA wrote:Foreword, I just made an account here to reply to this, I’m not super involved with dawn of war or the elite mod, I just like to watch the games. In fact I only found out you guys needed modellers from a youtube comment on one of Indrids faction war casts.

I’m an aspiring 3d modeller, taking many high end courses in it, and can make and texture great models. I also own many of the current industry standard programs for 3d modelling.
I don’t know the steps required to get the models into the game though, or what specifications they need. If you need me to learn that though I can and get back to you on it, if you could point me in the right direction.
If all you need is a model, tell me what you need. I’d love to be a part of this really cool mod. I’ve seen my favorite mods for other games die out from lack of support, I don’t want that happening here.

Your help would be much appreciated. One thing to tell you is that you won't need to make new animation frames for units. All elite mod new units burrowed animation frames from retri ones. All you need to do is to know how to change the exterior. Currently the most urgent issue is making of 2 more grey knight heroes.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 18 Mar, 2019 9:02 pm

SirNicholasTA wrote:Foreword, I just made an account here to reply to this, I’m not super involved with dawn of war or the elite mod, I just like to watch the games. In fact I only found out you guys needed modellers from a youtube comment on one of Indrids faction war casts.

I'll get in contact with you as soon as I can via PM. I'm just about to start class now but I'm sure we can find a spot for you! I believe we need 3dsmax 2009 and Havok Content Tools based off of Garrick's post. If you got those, it would be a godsend.
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Mon 18 Mar, 2019 9:58 pm

I can send Havok Content Tools no problem, that is the least problematic of the two pieces of software.

Return to “Modding”