True40K Mod

Modding discussion.
Black Relic
Level 4

True40K Mod

Postby Black Relic » Sun 09 Sep, 2018 5:50 pm

Decided to not to use the other topic because imo it is saturated words so ill post this as an update and a description.

True40K mod initially started out to be a dow2 mod in which each unit was represents accurately toward that units description in the lore, add new stuff and be "balanced" at the same time. But I quickly gave up on that.

Afterwards i started reading how people prefer dow1 for the base building and (for 1v1 players mainly) is more centered around macro. Thus i wanted to create a mod that brought a bit more dow1 in the game without breaking the true nature on dow2 which is centered around points. So i created a few points (NOTE!!! the FOLLOWING POINTS ONLY EXIST IN THE MAPS I CREATED YOU CAN STILL PLAY THE NORMAL GAME AS WE KNOW IT NOW):

Forward Bases Points
These points purpose is pretty obvious. It provides a place for you to bolster your control at a specific part of the map. It allows you to retreat to, reinforce, purchase units and fortify that area. Once captured, a player must purchase a "node" to be able to purchase and reinforce models. If you do not it will only be a retreat point.

Once you purchase the nodes a "building" will drop. This place is something you can select to build additional defensive. Each Race will have a very "cheaper" purchasable defenses. However these cheaper versions are limited to your tier and you can only have one of each (except for nids that also unlock more based on how much time has pasted in the game to give a "race against time feel"). So you can choose to heavily fortify one Forward base but that will leave your other wide open. A Player will have other options instead of only the "cheaper" variety but those will be of course more expensive.

To keep the HQ relevant outside of the the Annihilate game mode, purchasing units at the forward bases is slightly more expensive than purchasing at the HQ. This is where a player must figure out if they want the unit on the field now but cost slightly more or if they can wait and it will cost the same but take more time to hit the field.

Forward Bases Points can only hold up to 5 buildings (not including defensive point) even in multiplayer. Forcing players to pick and choose what buildings to build. There are some basic points. I will be using some Dow1 terminology to describe each building.

Barracks: Build Basic Infantry
Machine Cult: Build Vehicles and some Heavier Infantry units (like Ograns)
Armory: Purchase upgrades (atm there are not many). Each Race shares the same 4 upgrades atm. Each Upgrades can be purchased 3 times but cost increases after each time. Increase Infantry Health, Increase Infantry Damage, Increase Vehicles Health, Increases Vehicle Damage.
Command Station : Your second HQ. Produces an extremely small amount of red over time and you can purchase a few units there as well. (Imperial Guards is the only exception in that they can purchase their Full HQ at the forward base. But it will be expensive. Very expensive)
Military Support Building: Provides additional population and a small amount of req to "counteract" the upkeep value from the pop increase. Still needs work
Supply Depot: allows the production of generators at the forwards base and also passively spawns crates. These crates can be destroyed so a player can pick the drops. Only the player who destroys the crate will benefit from the pick up. If a different player picks up the drop then it will be considers "denied" But just like the military support building Still needs work

Capture Turrets
Just as the name suggests. But there is a catch. There are 2 generators near each small cluster of turrets. One generator when captured grants ownership. The other is target able allowing a player to disable them altogether and forcing a player to "repurchase" the generator sso it can be captureable again. A player can temporarily disable a turrets by getting the targeted turret's hp under a certain threshold but they regenerate their HP slowly so it will be operational again.

These turrets that can be captured do little damage (making it more annoying to the players than damaging). But if a fight is forced around them and is prolonged the damage starts to add up even if its only one turret firing. However these turrets have a small sight radius and are not auto target able making going around them simple and for them to be effective require "manning" or seeing for the weapons.

Stratagems
These points produces a small amount of red. But each Stratagem can be temporary noded to "activate" and ability. When an ability is activated 4 generators will drop. An Enemy player can lower the duration of the ability by destroying the generators.

Automated Foundry
This building has gone under a lot of changes. As of now these building can have two functions. When captured all buildings and vehicles under allied control gain a small repair aura. When"noded' that Automated foundry will override all capture turrets on the map and turn them their control to the owner of the Foundry. These turrets will have their damage and sight radius increased. However after a certain amount of time all of the turrets will malfunction and the generators keeping the powered will be destroyed. Requiring players to spend resources for a slightly more defensible position.

Communication Array
This building gives a slightly larger sight radius to all allied infantry. Making it easier to spot trouble or the scout. When the ability goes off the sight radius of all "allied" points increases. Allowing a player to more easily track or find a sneaky back capping unit or see if the enemy is flanking.

Imperial Shrine
This build by default does not offer much other than a slightly larger sight radius (not as large as the CA) and Slightly more red income. The Stratagem's benefit comes from it's ability. When activated the point becomes a Victory Point. Allowing a player to both stale for more time or to help close out the game.

Jamming Array
This building does nothing too special. And has to "node" ability." But what this point does is increase their req income of your points all over the map whilst decreasing your opponents AND produces resources that are completely unaffected by broken supply lines. This buildings income increased based on how many players are on a team. This is also the only point that can be destroyed.

Supply Lines
I mentioned this above to I'll do a small explanation here. Requisition points are the only ones affected by this keep that in mind. Ill keep this simple.
2 allied requisition point near each other increases the production of requisition of each other. If an enemy requisition point is near them both however, the productions is severely lowered. this makes keeping control of your supply lines very important and too much neglect will sharply decrease your income to a near crawl. Allowing for another way to fight and deal economic damage.

Disable able Victory Points are also in the game too. Pretty much copy and paste version from FFA.

There are also hazardous areas. Like Flame on the ground that does DoT so keeping the enemy there can be beneficial as it does extra damage based on a % of their HP (to make it decent vs Low model high hp squads).

Infiltration cover (I CAME TO THIS IDEA FIRST DAMN IT! AND ITS NOT LIKE DOW3 SHIT INFILTRATION COVER). Vehicle cannot infiltrate in the cover. Only Infantry (idk if terminators can though I think i changed it since it was on my mind. I cannot remember if i actual got around to it, if they can i need to change that). Units only stay infiltrated so long as there are not enemy units with 15 radius of them. You can still do a "surprise attack" but it is not as easy. Besides you are almost in charge range for most melee units so you should be fine.

Negative cover: Simple really. You in it you take 20% more range damage. Range Damage increase DOES NOT STACK WITH OTHER SOURCES!!! But I have not made many maps with it yet so its more of a heads up. Negative cover is signified like in dow1. Water you stand in. ONLY AFFECTS INFANTRY! And I will repeat this ONLY IN THE MAPS I CREATED!!!

But any way i call it AVP mode for Advance Victory Point control. Still work in progress though

Things i am working on are more Maps of course (slow progress).
Until i can learn to code it in i removed the Upgrade position's upgrades. When i can learn to code it in i will be added a second global bar and there were those ability will go from the upgrade position. And it will act more like the doctrine systems from CoH2 where you some choices. You get one. And you are stuck with it. Not totally required for you to immediately choose the doctrine. But nice to have when you figured out what you want.

Mod Link:

MOD DOES NOT HAVE A WORKING UCS FILE USE UCS INSTALLER:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ns2mC ... czPaHJ6Ybx

UCS INSTALLER (fixed again, wrong destination)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GNUfd ... pcuFT-WF-4

MOD INSTALLER HAS THE WORKING UCS FILES

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EdhUi ... 3YGKSsaosQ

There is the mod. I am Hoping the installer works since i had to build it from scratch for whatever reason my "saved" installer setting were not working. Let me know if think are going wrong. Play the maps to figure out each race for the forward base since each race is different.

I am creating some video to help shed some light on the mod without people having to download it. The Link below is to the playlist that I will slowly be working on. Input is welcome

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... G1CWVcbygR
Last edited by Black Relic on Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Black Relic
Level 4

Re: True40K Mod

Postby Black Relic » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 7:25 am

Updated the mod. Used the wrong module file. Fixed. And works.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
oLev
Level 2

Postby oLev » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 2:36 pm

Getting the following when installing.
Image]
mod can run but the tooltips are all whack
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 3:40 pm

Ok that is the UCS file that allows you to see all the tool tips. So the mod will run. But you wont see the tool tips. Gonna try to fix that now.

there will be a link to install the UCS files only if you downloaded 2.66.001.

There will be another to download the entire thing if anyone has not downloaded it yet.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:10 am

SOOO sorry guys. I have my dow2 ret game on a separate hard drive making it hard to test the Download and not notcies bugs. not to mention i lost my previous configuration for the installer so i had to start it from the ground up.

Again really sorry to those who installed and are wondering wtf. Its my fault for giving the UCS installer a incorrect path.

So to delete that path you can just open "My Computer" and you will see a secondary program files. Just delete it. That has the UCS files there. And you can just delete that entire path. Or move the UCS into the proper place if you know how to:

"Drive Letter":\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\GameAssets\Local\English

Anyways I am a retard. So sorry to have to keep fixing this problem. But i believe this will be the last time. And for the most part everything should be working.

p.s (this is why i dont make the installer for Elite mod and Myrdial does lol )
oLev
Level 2

Postby oLev » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 10:22 am

Thanks, will try again tonight.
This mod does look very interesting.
oLev
Level 2

Postby oLev » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 1:58 pm

I must say some of your custom 1v1 maps are huuge, and a little heavy even for my pc
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:02 pm

The Maps seem large at first in 1v1. But once you start playing vs another player the large feel of the map will shrink. I have thought in a similar fashion until i started playing friend when I wanted to test things.

3v3 Maps imo are too big as well. But i have not gotten enough people together to try the 3v3 map yet. And once that happens my opinion might change again.

I did add a link to some videos i made about the Mod. Just a look at it. Will be looking at making videos for each race later on as well.
XxMINGExX
Level 1

Postby XxMINGExX » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 2:57 pm

are you still making this mod?
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Mon 22 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm

Yea. I am working on making the base systems a bit better and OM balance atm.

I am happy to say that the warp portal for Chaos is actually warping shit around the building to a targeted location now. Finally a good reason to get the building lol

ATM though i am looking into eldar and there warping webways and buildings around. I wanna make it more reliable.

After that i THINK imma update the mod since this version has some things not working. But i am lazy to update without everything being in working order.
XxMINGExX
Level 1

Postby XxMINGExX » Wed 27 Feb, 2019 10:43 am

are you releasing a new version this year? i'll be honest, i couldnt really get my head around what i was supposed to be doing but i could see its direction and looks promising. well up for downloading your next version, ill even play it with you lol
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 29 Mar, 2019 3:13 am

its alright. I am slowly SLOWLY making videos to kinda help people figure out what the mod actually does. Because it is not so simple tbh.

First and formost you can only play the main mod on the shitty maps i made.

Firstly the mods main purpose is to make the game more into a combination of dow 1 and 2 without removing the one of the main stays of dow2 which imo is capturing points. So there are new points introduced one of the main being a forward base point. It uses the techmarine beacon model when you cap it.

Each races forward base has unique "ability."

For Chaos is easy access to worship, and defenses are boostable via worshiping them. And you can quickly replenish your army from a looses faster from 1 "barracks" than other races (except eldar)when they need two. But you do need to worship buildings that produce units to sacrifice heretics to the dark god in order to spawn the desired squad.

For Eldar the forward base is kinda not as easy to defend since they are going to lack the ability to build defensive structures except for a small few. But the Forward base comes with a webway gate and for them their "barracks" and "factory" (building vehicles) as well as their "military support building" (increases the pop of everything and it acts as a webway gate too) can all teleport. So its like a smaller version of dow1 So they can reposition some of their structures. depending of where they plan on attacking.

Imperial guard. They are just very defensive really and most of their structures can be garrisoned. So like dow 1. Very thematic imo when being overwhelmed (somehow).

Space Marines. They are pretty simple. They can drop in their units a good distances away from the barracks or machine cult. the Barracks also reincforces ONCE when it lands (as long as it spawns in time). I might change that. But then again you still have to pay for the reinforcement and you are wasting red to spawn the unit in (the only race were spawning a unit will cost red) so you are also buying a squad too sooooo take that as you will.

Orks. Waaaagh banner buffing forward base. Plus they slowly produce "grunts" in a ranged and melee variant to give off a horde type of feel. They are pretty weak alone cost nothing to reinforce and have no upkeep either plus take some time to actual get back to full strength. But nothing is better than having a literal green tide that costed you only time in which your army got bigger and your WAAAAGH getting larger!!

Tyranids are probably my favorite. I wanted to try and stay accurate to the lore in that when the nids come it is a fight against time. And it is. While their buildings are not totally special, their defenses is what give the army a true "without number" feeling. The defensive capabilities of the nids start out kinda weak. spawning in rippers to defend the base. But as the game goes on more things spawn like spore mines and pairs of hormaguants and termagants. After a certain period of time the capillary will "spread" and more defense will pop up. rise and repeat. And slowly the nids will take over the entire map. It feel like a race against time and nids will always have bodies to throw at you. Granted the units that do spawn expire and are short lived but after they die another wave in on the way!!! Making destroying or limiting those defensive capillaries a priority to contain the Tyranid infestation.

There is more. And the above aspects are in the game atm. I have fixed chaos forward base, Space marines, nids and Eldar. I just need to look at IG and Orks again before i release anything. I will mention i tweaked some windup and wind down animations in melee to make it seem more frantic. Worked pretty well.

Return to “Modding”