Flesh Over Steel upon Tyranid Carnifexes

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Element
Level 3

Flesh Over Steel upon Tyranid Carnifexes

Postby Element » Wed 13 Feb, 2019 12:12 am

Hey there everybody, so I have relatively began playing as the Force Commander, having played the Apo so long, that being said, coming upon this particular match-up I was surprised to see that I couldn't use the ability on a giant looming monstrous creature which is practically a tank in that of itself. What are the Balance reasons as to why this is not the case, given I'd imagine that must be the only reason after this long such a change hasn't been implemented to include them as being a unit capable of being effected in that of a similar way to a armored vehicle unit, In addition are Tyrant Guard, The Swarm-lord, The Great Unclean One, and the Avatar also not susceptible to Flesh Over Steel? thanks in advance.
-Fathom
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Re: Flesh Over Steel upon Tyranid Carnifexes

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 13 Feb, 2019 9:07 am

They are not "Steel" and they are not "Vehicles".

So - no, they are not affected by your fist. And they should not be. Which is sad for me as SM player :)
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Wed 13 Feb, 2019 1:25 pm

Giant monsters like Avatar and GUO are also not effected by this ability. Because they are monsters, not vehicles.
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 16 Feb, 2019 6:25 am

Why did no one say "because all of those have flesh."

But in all seriousness. Nids have enough problems with FC we should not add more. The avatar has enough problems with SM. Lets not add more to the list. Chaos has an issue with FC sometimes. Lets not add more to the list.

FC doesn't need indirect buffs.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sun 17 Feb, 2019 5:18 pm

Im just going to say one thing as it is Fc already the best sm hero as it is and the most pick, there pretty much no bad match up for him since he can be used to amove around and kill stuff or just be used to buff stuff instead take your pick on how you want to use him most just go for telehammer cos telehammer and you want to buff him more now:?
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 4:30 am

It says Flesh over Steel. Emphasis on STEEL. AS IN STEHL REIHN BRUTHA!

Fexes are but fleshy bits. You can't Flesh over Flesh! Just smack the filthy XENO and go back to getting rid of METAL BAWKSES!
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 7:35 pm

The game is encouraging you to use the Power Sword against the Carnifex to witness the rarest sync kill ever
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 7:45 pm

Aetherion wrote:The game is encouraging you to use the Power Sword against the Carnifex to witness the rarest sync kill ever

Give Power Sword 1000% damage buff against Carnifexes, so we can actually see that animation. I have never ever seen it live.
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.

Return to “Balance Discussion”