4v4

Arisatheus
Level 0

4v4

Postby Arisatheus » Fri 09 Nov, 2018 11:53 am

Is it possible for you guys to add 4v4 maps in the game ? i dont know who mods the game, is it like random people or is there a certain group of people :D I just wanted to post on the forum so yeah, good luck
Swift

Re: 4v4

Postby Swift » Fri 09 Nov, 2018 12:06 pm

It is possible, yes, but I am not sure exactly what the limitations of it are. Apparently you can't watch 4v4 replays, but that might be a myth. Also, it sort of screws with the resource income, but its not something we've decided never to try, so you never know, maybe one day.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 09 Nov, 2018 12:07 pm

I have done it. They are shit maps and plus dow2 is not optimized for 4v4 at all making it into an absolute lag fest. If you thin 8 player free for all or 2v2v2v2 is bad oof. The Obs Slots for i think players 7 and 8 do not get the choose their hero or something. They can only choose it by having a hero the previously played with selected. Meaning to switch a hero they would have to launch a game. Or something along those lines.

Edit: OO i didnt realize this was on a Dow3 thing. My bad. In that case i have no idea. The mod tools for dow3 are shit so i never tried.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Arisatheus
Level 0

Postby Arisatheus » Fri 09 Nov, 2018 12:32 pm

Swift wrote:It is possible, yes, but I am not sure exactly what the limitations of it are. Apparently you can't watch 4v4 replays, but that might be a myth. Also, it sort of screws with the resource income, but its not something we've decided never to try, so you never know, maybe one day.

nice to know :)

Return to “General Discussion”