Army level 60 Farseer Update

Modding discussion.
An'grathul
Level 1

Army level 60 Farseer Update

Postby An'grathul » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 11:52 am

Hey there, tech savvy side of the community.

There's been a small something bugging me for a while now. It's a minor inconvenience, but it seems like one that might be relatively fixable so I thought I'd ask.

Army levels are something that comes natural to most of the dedicated players in our community. I'd go so far as to say many of us have clocked so many hours into each faction we've all but forgotten what low AL units or commanders even look like. And a luxury it is, with the additions made by both Relic and the Elite team the big boys at 60 look mighty fine.

Which is why it's been bugging me for the longest time that the Farseer, ostensibly the ultimate, final goody min eldar army progression... Might as well not level at all for how dull she looks at 60.
There are tons if good examples of commanders reaching whole new levels of bling, but the seer topping the Eldar list is stuck with a subtle robe change.

Contrary to this drab default we've seen plenty great executions of the concept: from Ulthwe's DLseer to the Exodites and other Elite skins.

So I was wondering how feasible it would be to maybe take some assets of some of these to finally give the default skins some lustre?
Forgive my ignorance on the topic, I'm no modder myself so I don't know the deal; how work intensive would it be to add, for example, the exodites' FS wings to the default skin? Is there even a little possibility we could work towards an FS model more like the one on the Codex' websites banner?

I'm curious to hear your feedback.

TL;DR Is it possible to slap wings and maybe a helmet on the default army level 60 Farseer her aesthetic is as dull as a piece of stale bread atm.
Embrace game balance or not, it embraces you.
egewithin
Level 5

Re: Army level 60 Farseer Update

Postby egewithin » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 5:54 pm

I miss Sterling...
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 11:47 pm

We could give her an exclusive witchblade. There is a common version and an epic version in the files.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
An'grathul
Level 1

Postby An'grathul » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 9:55 am

Is there anything hindering the use of some of the alternate helmet models we have in the game already?

A sword would be better than nothing, but the main issue is really her attire, lacking both the iconic wings or helmet.
I was mostly curious how possible it would be to use some of the existing assets from base retri or for example some other Elite skins to this end.

Might be a pipe dream, but I'd be remiss not to ask.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 1:58 pm

she has a helmet. But we use that for her ghost helm wargear. When she gets that wargear a helm appears on her model.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
An'grathul
Level 1

Postby An'grathul » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:44 pm

Black Relic wrote:she has a helmet. But we use that for her ghost helm wargear. When she gets that wargear a helm appears on her model.

I'm well aware of the feature, and I really love it. Sadly, having to purchase this specific wargear just for some commander bling is a bit much for my taste.

This gives rise to my question if a basic helmet could be added for her base model to add some progression and style. Many of the Elite skins and the ulthwe DLC already boast the feature, so why not use it to spice up the default at AL 60?

Return to “Modding”