General 2.8 Update and Roadmap

Elite (and related) releases.
Rostam
Level 4

Re: General 2.8 Update and Roadmap

Postby Rostam » Wed 09 May, 2018 9:14 pm

is that so :3
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 11 May, 2018 2:52 pm

@Atlas
any news cheif ?
8-)
hope the exams are going well, take a shut eye for a day or two after that
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Fri 11 May, 2018 4:40 pm

Indeed.

Myrdal does the coding. A lead designer simply applies their vision to the overall state of the game and would then be moderated by an advisory council who in turn are beholden to the entire populace of Elite Mod players.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 12 May, 2018 12:54 am

Is there a way to make setup teams setting up not show in the Fog of War? Some people abuse it to the point of map hack.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sat 12 May, 2018 3:44 am

I didn't know that was a thing. how does it work?
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 15 May, 2018 12:30 pm

do we have someone in charge of codex this time?
last time i remember we had one but codex wasnt fixed
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 15 May, 2018 7:14 pm

Well atlas has ask for help to keep the codex up to date so
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 16 May, 2018 3:54 am

Cyris wrote:I didn't know that was a thing. how does it work?

The unit appears visible in the fog of war when setting up. It's basically just that. Have to be looking in the area to see it so if you're not specifically looking for it you might not even know. Once you know about it you start to realize the reason the enemy went back the moment you tried to setup just ahead of them of if they moved forward to immediately focus your setup team. It kills the aggressive suppression team gameplay and makes some matchups completely lopsided where you depend on your sup team.

Tex abused this on me heavily one game and before I realized what he was doing I legitimately thought he had map hacks. Keep your screen on the area you think the sup team will be in and control your units from the minimap. It's bullshit.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 31 May, 2018 9:14 pm

How far from the release are you guys? since 2.8 beta has been out for a couple of days
Ayy Eye
Level 2

Postby Ayy Eye » Thu 31 May, 2018 9:40 pm

I think we need to make the assumption that 2.8 will never truly exist, at this point it is more a myth than an actual patch that'll be released.
She/Her gamergirl
saludd
Level 0

Postby saludd » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:57 pm

Ayy Eye wrote:I think we need to make the assumption that 2.8 will never truly exist, at this point it is more a myth than an actual patch that'll be released.

I hope that is not a thing, since I've been waiting for a while for 2.8 to be released to start playing again :D
Ayy Eye
Level 2

Postby Ayy Eye » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:51 pm

saludd wrote:
Ayy Eye wrote:I think we need to make the assumption that 2.8 will never truly exist, at this point it is more a myth than an actual patch that'll be released.

I hope that is not a thing, since I've been waiting for a while for 2.8 to be released to start playing again :D

My condolences.
She/Her gamergirl
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 1:35 am

It will. I just need Swifts new map and his old map updates to create a Elite_data.sga release it. Atlas' Data.sga doesn't work. That actually might be the reason for the long wait.

I could release the version now but there are bugs and again i would like the maps so we dont need an update immediately.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 3:05 pm

Any word on the release date? has been ages :(
Atlas said would be ready the middle of this week =(
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm

Rostam wrote:Any word on the release date? has been ages :(

I mentioned it to some already but it got delayed till after the Saturday tournament. You asked me to do that, remember?

This is all the more reason why I really need to work on that discord server. So much easier to dispense news that way.

Anyway, update to the update. 2.8 is scheduled for either this Sunday or very early Mon/Tues. I have first half summer finals this week, but after that we're going to move forward in general. That means handling the discord, setting a lead designer and setting up the people who were interested in helping out with the forum/patching.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:04 pm

Atlas wrote:
Rostam wrote:Any word on the release date? has been ages :(

I mentioned it to some already but it got delayed till after the Saturday tournament. You asked me to do that, remember?

This is all the more reason why I really need to work on that discord server. So much easier to dispense news that way.

Anyway, update to the update. 2.8 is scheduled for either this Sunday or very early Mon/Tues. I have first half summer finals this week, but after that we're going to move forward in general. That means handling the discord, setting a lead designer and setting up the people who were interested in helping out with the forum/patching.

true, i asked if it is a possibility but i changed my mind afterwards during our conversation, and agreed that it is a good thing that it is gonna be ready mid-week, meh :)
in anycase thanks for the feedback, i know you got your hands full, i appreciate you taking the time to answer, gl budd
Last edited by Rostam on Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm

@Atlas
Good luck with da finals, your summer plan sounds very promising for the mod, you got a great team so far with BlackRelic,Swifty,and others
who knows mb puma will show up as well (I dont know him in person but i once looked at his dow2 mod and was promising)
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:10 pm

could u change the name of "Heretic Squad" to "Cultist Squad" ?
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:37 am

@Atlas
sorry to ask again, i know you are busy.
just wanted to know how the progress going on release of 2.8?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 10:15 am

Rostam wrote:@Atlas

Good time to answer since I have some clarity of my own!

We've been working on ironing out the last fixes. There's a couple left but nothing too serious. We'd like to get it out as early as tomorrow but I've already been warned that it might have to be tabled till the next coming weekend. It's not that the work itself is incredibly hard at this point, but just workdays and people being available.

I'm also going to have non-balance stuff for you guys very soon in terms of balance lead, discord, codex and such. Just needs to be set up and ready. That shouldn't take very long either. We may or may not have it all wrapped up in a single thread with a 2.8 release or done independently.
Ayy Eye
Level 2

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 10:42 am

Atlas wrote:
Rostam wrote:@Atlas

Good time to answer since I have some clarity of my own!

We've been working on ironing out the last fixes. There's a couple left but nothing too serious. We'd like to get it out as early as tomorrow but I've already been warned that it might have to be tabled till the next coming weekend. It's not that the work itself is incredibly hard at this point, but just workdays and people being available.

I'm also going to have non-balance stuff for you guys very soon in terms of balance lead, discord, codex and such. Just needs to be set up and ready. That shouldn't take very long either. We may or may not have it all wrapped up in a single thread with a 2.8 release or done independently.

TLDR:
2.8 is never coming out, silence, worms!
She/Her gamergirl
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 11:49 am

:cry:
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:31 pm

Return to “Releases”