Necrons on Dow2 Elite Mod

Modding discussion.
Rostam
Level 4

Necrons on Dow2 Elite Mod

Postby Rostam » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:56 pm

There is a mod that has "NECRONS" "TAU" Armies. Lets throw our will together and see if we can gather some people and support so we can do some stuff for making a new army. Necrons r doable from what i can c plus we already have Necron lord from last stand which is a big boost towards the objective

The link for the mod (Destroy mod - aka Bloodraveger mod) I think the name of the admin there is "Shuma"
http://www.moddb.com/members/bloodravage
http://www.moddb.com/mods/destroyer-40k-mod
Last edited by Rostam on Sun 04 Mar, 2018 4:52 am, edited 10 times in total.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Rostam
Level 4

Re: Necrons Race for Dow2

Postby Rostam » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 7:04 pm

This video is a bit old though, but the mods are still up
Last edited by Rostam on Fri 02 Mar, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:18 am

*insert Thread Necron meme here*
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 10:55 am

Damn you getting my hopes up!

In all seriousness, it would be awesome. I always loved the style of the Necrons in DOW. Especially with the crazy Monolith build-up.

Hey, maybe there will be an HQ-Update like they did for Titan Quest (after 10 years or so?!) or like with the brand new DLC for Total War: Rome 2 only for DOW2. I mean DOW2 wasn't declared dead like DOW3, was it?

Greets
Schepp himself
Greets schep himself thingy
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 12:54 pm

LRR producing units when?
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 10:42 pm

Actually a guy named Shuma made a necron race a while ago. I think i still have the files for them. I haven't looked into their animation yet though. I would liketo try to make a necron race and a tau race but atm there is not much to work with to create a proper fully fleshed out race even if we could combine the monolith animation along with shumas and create the Necron Lord hero and use his animation to create a lych guard type unit.

To my knowledge the files just necron warriors, immortals and i think a destroyer. I dont remember though.

And honestly the only way to make a monolith balanced is it can only produce nercon warriors. Which imo is fair.

I think i dont have the files anymore actually. Cant find them.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 22 Feb, 2018 1:12 am

well the restored necron monolith could be a super unit that reinforces stuff and has some killy potential
in any case would love to see necrons in elite mod
it would bring so many ppl to elite
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 3:04 am

Atlas wrote:**

Apartment due to "Leeman Russ2017" there is a guy who has both "NECRON" and "DARK ELDAR" models for dow2. could u follow this pls? it sounds promising . These are the links to these mods (1st and 2nd link) also another link to the forums of the modder there
http://www.moddb.com/members/bloodravage
http://www.moddb.com/mods/destroyer-40k-mod
http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_fsc/forum/1691583/

I dont know "Leman" that much other than the comment he made in my video but if u wanna contact him do it in this video via YT comment section
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzxDm12 ... wlw03c010c

PS:Dark eldar models seem fantastic. As i heard it this is called "Destroyer Mod" (Necrons) this is awesome
http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_fsc/topic/5660961/1/
Last edited by Rostam on Fri 02 Mar, 2018 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 3:07 am

is it possible they share their models with elite mod? new races will bring in more people
most of dow2 mods are dead (except elite) so that would be great if they would be brought back to life in the form of NEW elite mod
with cool new races and models
Last edited by Rostam on Fri 02 Mar, 2018 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 8:10 am

My god...those Dark Eldar models... :twisted:

Thanks for digging them out, Rostam! Respect to you continuous dedication for the community and the mod!

Greets
Schepp himself
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 10:26 am

Schepp himself wrote:My god...those Dark Eldar models... :twisted:

Thanks for digging them out, Rostam! Respect to you continuous dedication for the community and the mod!

Greets
Schepp himself

no worries dude. na i am just telling u wat the other fella told me
also people like "Atlas" "Indrid" "Impregnable" do the hard job,i just tag along ^^

PS: If we can have 2 armies like "Dark Eldar" and "Necrons" that would be amazing, hence i like to pursue this matter rather that it being forgotten. These 2 armies (with their models) are atm in a dead mod collecting dust. i am pretty sure the admin for that mod would be delited to bring this to elite if elite mod team pursue this matter
Rostam
Level 4

Re: Necrons,DarkEldar,Tau for Dow2

Postby Rostam » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 11:21 am

@everyone
We already have 2 mods containing "NECRONS,TAU,DARK ELDAR" they have models for that, so please support the idea of having more races in elite mod
also we can have a bigger team if other moders from those 2 mods come and help atlas.
we also already have "NECRON LORD" and "TAU COMMANDER" from last stand and "ARCHON" from that mod. also we can talk to "Black Relic" see if he ca
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 11:37 am

On the other hand this mod is meant to be an balance mod adding even more races would cause even more issues then needet.
With GK beeing in for so many years now and still beeing not balanced is alarming.
leemanruss
Level 0

Postby leemanruss » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 2:45 pm

Dear Elite mod team(Atlas)... .brother Rostam :
since DOW3 failed to deliver the dow experience we wanted and asked. and abandoned by Relic .its a time of crisis dow franchise will perish to ash and cinder if u dont unite and act as brothers (modders) i am not a speech-er forgive my eng .the community make mods from an act of passion and dedication love not greed and selfishness . Elite mod is the most active community mod and most popular. this a gold chance for the eilte mod to have 2 addition factions (tau and Necrons) this will help increase player base .go dig the links above shuma have tons of custom models. bloodravage (moddb) have full Necron faction TAU are available . bloodravage planed to release the necrons but have have difficulties with (coding) he said :"Sorry all, I havent been on in quite some time and have been quite busy with RL. Unfortunately I probably wont be doing any further work on the mod at this time. After the addition of the necron lord for TLS it had added a new race to the library extension of the game, making it crash when selecting certain races. Where I had last left off with the mod was trying to re-do the entire mod structure from scratch, but after spending about 1 month of coding and only getting 5% done, I had given up. The only way to fix any of the crashes and issues from here on would be to continue to replace all of the coding and I just dont have the time to do that. If someone else who has experience with the dow2 coding using corsix, please feel free to start a new mod from scratch and replicate all of the coding. might take quite some time though".
leemanruss
Level 0

Postby leemanruss » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 3:23 pm

Elite mod have many youtube casting look at Indrird ..Rostam they still at large and others i dont know .salvage the Necrons from destroyermod and the
Tau.before they lost to maw of warp ."Non shall block our path"
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 03 Mar, 2018 6:58 am

I recently received this PM thought it is useful to share the link here as well, it might be useful.

Sent: 02 Mar 2018 22:15
Recipient: Rostam

I'm looking for someone for this mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/codexunofficial
Can create models and skins.
I hope you have an interest in it
Last edited by Rostam on Sat 03 Mar, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 03 Mar, 2018 8:00 am

Adila wrote:On the other hand this mod is meant to be an balance mod adding even more races would cause even more issues then needet.
With GK beeing in for so many years now and still beeing not balanced is alarming.

That is a good point . but i geuss having a necron/DE/Tau army that is similar to SM/Eldar/IG doesnt hurt any body
besides i asked if atlas could do some new units he said if u had the models i would add them, so why not adding new armies?
Imperator1
Level 2

Postby Imperator1 » Sat 03 Mar, 2018 11:19 am

BloodRavage would surely give permission if you asked, he gave me permission to basically use all assets and Shuma was never one to not help people either.

However, I myself failed to get the necrons to work (Animation and no texture problems) and as far as I got, only a few units have been made for them.

Dark Eldar I think its only Archon and Cabalite warriors.

I would love to see both of these races but I feel they need more modelling love.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 03 Mar, 2018 11:36 am

Imperator1 wrote:BloodRavage would surely give permission if you asked, he gave me permission to basically use all assets and Shuma was never one to not help people either.

However, I myself failed to get the necrons to work (Animation and no texture problems) and as far as I got, only a few units have been made for them.

Dark Eldar I think its only Archon and Cabalite warriors.

I would love to see both of these races but I feel they need more modelling love.

Thanks for the info. It is enlightening. So it needs a ton of work, not to mention the balance issues which is a world of itself as adila mentioned
still one can hope that there would be a spark of hope for a new race in dow2 (Necrons)

I dont think DarkEldar and Tau are doable cuz DE have lots of melee which is not doable if u wanna copy it from eldar (they mostly have range) There are some models for the tau and Tau commander from last stand which is better a little bit (u can copy Tau from IG) but still hard work not doable

on the other hand i think necrons might be doable, still bugs balance, low people working on the mod is the issue. I hope there is a spark of hope for a new race in elite mod such as necrons though for what its worth :)
Rostam
Level 4

Re: Necrons on Dow2 Elite Mod

Postby Rostam » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 1:48 am

I talked to freeman and he told me even if the models work out and balance is alright, there is a good chance many bugs could appear besides there is only "Atlas" currently doing the programming the Modding team is very small. so adding a new race like "Necrons might be a long shot after all. But one can still hope :)

PS: I got the "Destroyer mod" (the one that has necrons) but couldnt find the necrons, mb its on another patch. does any one has the link to the patch of that mod that contains necrons .There was only tau there,and tau didnt look very good, didnt see the necrons yet though but from the footage on YT necrons look decent
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 4:09 am

Rostam wrote:I talked to freeman and he told me even if the models work out and balance is alright, there is a good chance many bugs could appear besides there is only "Atlas" currently doing the programming the Modding team is very small. so adding a new race like "Necrons might be a long shot after all. But one can still hope :)

PS: I got the "Destroyer mod" (the one that has necrons) but couldnt find the necrons, mb its on another patch. does any one has the link to the patch of that mod that contains necrons .There was only tau there,and tau didnt look very good, didnt see the necrons yet though but from the footage on YT necrons look decent

Before anything at all could be done, we'd need to see the actual state of the files. We would really need models AND animations before we could implement. Adding two factions would be a massive change, but it's worth exploring at the least. No one should veto more content on principle.

leemanruss wrote:Dear Elite mod team(Atlas)... .brother Rostam :
since DOW3 failed to deliver the dow experience we wanted and asked. and abandoned by Relic .its a time of crisis dow franchise will perish to ash and cinder if u dont unite and act as brothers (modders) i am not a speech-er forgive my eng .the community make mods from an act of passion and dedication love not greed and selfishness . Elite mod is the most active community mod and most popular. this a gold chance for the eilte mod to have 2 addition factions (tau and Necrons) this will help increase player base .go dig the links above shuma have tons of custom models. bloodravage (moddb) have full Necron faction TAU are available . bloodravage planed to release the necrons but have have difficulties with (coding) he said :"Sorry all, I havent been on in quite some time and have been quite busy with RL. Unfortunately I probably wont be doing any further work on the mod at this time. After the addition of the necron lord for TLS it had added a new race to the library extension of the game, making it crash when selecting certain races. Where I had last left off with the mod was trying to re-do the entire mod structure from scratch, but after spending about 1 month of coding and only getting 5% done, I had given up. The only way to fix any of the crashes and issues from here on would be to continue to replace all of the coding and I just dont have the time to do that. If someone else who has experience with the dow2 coding using corsix, please feel free to start a new mod from scratch and replicate all of the coding. might take quite some time though".

K, again see above. :P
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 4:44 am

@Atlas
You are right. Agreed. Although i suggested that only about necrons so only 1 race, but yea as i mentioned above that is problematic
no worries buddy. Lets concentrate on 2.8 balance stuff instead :)
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:44 am

I don't see the problem in implementing Necrons without them being tournament balanced.

People play gimmicky stuff all the time. Be it "the sheldt" in Company of heroes (infamous 3v3 grindfest map) or "the last stand". So I say let them throw necron warrior after necron warrior towards space marine lines all day long.

Greets
Schepp himself
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:21 am

Found the necron animations and the wargear stuff. Its not enough to make an army. IF you grab the animtions for the monolith and the units from Blood Ravage (if he still has it) you could make a crude army (only half of one) and but it could be last stand implementation for a few waves which could be modded in with messing with the scar files for a bit.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:57 am

Black Relic wrote:Found the necron animations and the wargear stuff. Its not enough to make an army. IF you grab the animtions for the monolith and the units from Blood Ravage (if he still has it) you could make a crude army (only half of one) and but it could be last stand implementation for a few waves which could be modded in with messing with the scar files for a bit.

sounds awesome dude. atlas has been talking of doing a project after 2.8 for a while now. He is currently looking for potential recruits and stuff to work on. keep in mind if u bump in to any potential to notify him. For wat its worth i think you,atlas,puma would make a great team if you work on that. Thanks for the feedback btw

Return to “Modding”