codex actuality

Topics related to the website/forum.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

codex actuality

Postby LOCALgHOST » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 4:54 pm

Who maintains the codex? Will it be brought to actual state at 2.8? Any help needed?
Atlas

Re: codex actuality

Postby Atlas » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 1:31 am

In order:

Partly manual, partly automatic. I can't remember who did the last pass, but some of it is straight from the rbf files.
Hopefully.
Always.

:P
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 4:13 am

A quick pass should be done just to check for some obvious stuff. Like right now it says Dire Avengers have 225 dps.

Also, squad list by tier being the default would be nice :)
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 9:36 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:A quick pass should be done just to check for some obvious stuff. Like right now it says Dire Avengers have 225 dps.

A quick pass was done.

LOCALgHOST wrote:Who maintains the codex? Will it be brought to actual state at 2.8? Any help needed?

Most of the codex reads directly from the game files and will be up to date with new releases. Manual parts that can't easily be automated are the abilities and weapons tab primarily. Helping out with this would involve going through the files in eg cope's box and writing down relavant data in some structured format like json/yml/html.
If you're interested I'll provide more details.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:57 am

Myrdal wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:A quick pass should be done just to check for some obvious stuff. Like right now it says Dire Avengers have 225 dps.

A quick pass was done.

LOCALgHOST wrote:Who maintains the codex? Will it be brought to actual state at 2.8? Any help needed?

Most of the codex reads directly from the game files and will be up to date with new releases. Manual parts that can't easily be automated are the abilities and weapons tab primarily. Helping out with this would involve going through the files in eg cope's box and writing down relavant data in some structured format like json/yml/html.
If you're interested I'll provide more details.

Sure, I'll give it a shot.
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:28 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Cool, I'll get back to you then.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 9:55 pm

Myrdal wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Cool, I'll get back to you then.

Any progress?
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 01 Apr, 2018 10:00 am

its been a long time since codex has been touched. would be nice to see the codex fully updated with all the changes in 2.8 as well.
Please take the codex duty in serious consideration this time
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Sun 01 Apr, 2018 11:54 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Any progress?

Here's an example for interceptors and some of their abilities/weapons with corresponding rbf paths. Might need some adjustments but just having this will go a long way. "interceptor_squad" here matches the their codex url.

Code: Select all

{
   "interceptor_squad": {
      "abilities": [
         "simulation/attrib/ability/pvp/race_marine/sm_melee_resistance_aura.rbf",
         "simulation/attrib/ability/pvp/race_grey_knights/interceptor_squad/gk_teleport.rbf",
         "..."
      ],
      "weapons": {
         "Equip nemesis weapons": [
            "simulation/attrib/weapons/weapon/pvp/race_grey_knights/gk_sword_marine.rbf",
            "simulation/attrib/weapons/weapon/pvp/race_grey_knights/gk_storm_bolter_interceptor.rbf"
         ],
         "...": []
      }
   },
   "grey_knight_terminators": {
      "abilities": [],
      "weapons": {}
   }
}

Another part in need of updating is ofc the tooltips, here's for 2.7.2 https://dawnofwar.info/elite/attributes ... /Elite.ucs
Perhaps share it on something like google docs if more are willing to edit
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 3:32 am

I downloaded Cope's toolbox and also Visual Studio. I'll probably learn C# and figure out how to organize everything.

Exactly where are the weapon infos and that stuff in the game files? I just click on random things to open up and never get wheat I'm looking for.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 7:40 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:I downloaded Cope's toolbox and also Visual Studio. I'll probably learn C# and figure out how to organize everything.

Exactly where are the weapon infos and that stuff in the game files? I just click on random things to open up and never get wheat I'm looking for.

You can look up the weapons through the ebps of the unit in question. ebps -> pvp -> race (X) -> unit(vehicle/hero/infantry) -> X unit.rbf. From there it's usually the last one under "weapons".

Often, you can go directly to the weapon from there by using right click -> find file or whatever it is called.

Inside the weapon rbf, such as sm_bolter.rbf for example, most of the items in there are self-explanatory.

Return to “Dawn of War Codex”