How should I counter this?

Strategy and L2P topics.
Element
Level 3

How should I counter this?

Postby Element » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:53 am

Hey fellas, I recently played a game against Ig and had to fight against 3x melta stormtroopers and im wondering what should i do to respond to this as sm? thanks in advance.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Torpid

Re: How should I counter this?

Postby Torpid » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 1:55 pm

Usually it would be hrd for an enemy to get that many out as they do bleed quite a lot. They have huge burst damage though, especially with 3 of them. That's gonna make set-up teams awkward so I'd rely on less fragile things like sternguard and ASM to bleed them like mad. Sternguard are gonna be very important as well as things like thunder-hammer, stims/power axe on apothecary (stim your asm/sterns), libby to tie them up and proc inspiration buffs to make sterns do even more damage, master crafted bolter+mines on techmarine (could place mines around a p dev squad to bait them in and mines will nearly wipe them due to how close together their squad is, and if they don't go for the p dev, welp, p dev will annihilate them too).
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:02 pm

You're having trouble versus this because you fast tech to Terminators all the time ;) Go for ranged Termies with Assault Cannons. Tacs and ASM's until you get there.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:24 am

Shotgun Scouts with Sergants. Have at least 2 of them. Get close, burst out your damage, and even use your blasts if you want to. Scouts will bleed less likely and even they do, it will be cheaper. Meanwhile, you will sink your enemies economy. 3 Strom Trooper reinforcement costs 120 req. Also, gives you detection to spot any sneaky Strom Troopers around.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 10:20 am

I'd rather fear 3x long range storm troopers :)

Return to “Strategy Discussion”