All ranged chaos dreadnought with the missile launcher upgrade

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Yabbaman
Level 2

All ranged chaos dreadnought with the missile launcher upgrade

Postby Yabbaman » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 3:28 am

Hey everyone,

The "balance" or rather design suggestion is in the title pretty much. Could be balanced out with cost buffs if needed, but the reasoning behind it pretty much is that the unit isn't seen too often in team games imho and doesn't survive for too long either unless deployed with a sorcerer. The default autocannon isn't nearly as useful as the upgrade on the sm version and the missile launcher on a slow vehicle is a somewhat risky investment too. So seeing how the gk faction gets a such an anti-infantry powerhouse with their upgraded dreadnought, I though that maybe the chaos one could be better diversified this way into later game as well, being though more of an anti-vehicle option. As it stands right now it's mostly a tangible investment in 1v1s or as a shock treatment when it hits the field early in some team games. No reason not to implement it other than the modelling required I guess.
Torpid

Re: All ranged chaos dreadnought with the missile launcher upgrade

Postby Torpid » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 4:05 am

What is the upgraded OM dreadnought that is an anti-infantry powerhouse that you are referencing?

Do you mean the default flamer variant, or the upgraded P cannon variant?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Yabbaman
Level 2

Postby Yabbaman » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:47 am

The plasmacannon with the bolter one of course, I haven't tried the flamer variant yet.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 3:26 am

This idea was ironically mentioned jokingly by me to Torp, who really liked the idea at the time. Tech team says the only issue is in making sure the weapon model is actually capable to be mounted properly. There's a little mess of cables and such that form the "biceps" that connects the weapon to the chassis and if that is sticking out on the other side of the weapon (due to swapping it from the right-side to the left-side weapon for instance) that would be very awkward.
Yabbaman
Level 2

Postby Yabbaman » Wed 17 Jan, 2018 2:52 am

Those cables are connected to the launcher with both ends, so I think you'll only need to mirror the model, unless it's not two separate dreadnought models.

Return to “Balance Discussion”