Dawn of War 3 for $12 in Humble Monthly

Indrid

Dawn of War 3 for $12 in Humble Monthly

Postby Indrid » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 7:50 pm

Humble Monthly

Also includes The Long Dark and Quantum Break, plus more games to be revealed when that timer runs out. You immediately receive those three, but not the others until they are revealed. All games are yours to keep whether you renew the monthly subscription or not.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Re: Dawn of War 3 for $12 in Humble Monthly

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 8:17 pm

Despite DoW 3's incredibly poor reception they really did figure out how to market it and squeeze out every last penny. Hopefully they either improve the game or make another that's better received and then apply this tactic again.

THE BUREAU: XCOM DECLASSIFIED is free there right now btw. Just create an account and add it to your cart. Have to redeem it about 21 hours from this post before it goes away.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the- ... ium=banner
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 7:28 pm

Found this on the official forums:

"The team is evaluating how to have the best impact on the game - i.e. do we layer more content on top of the core that exists, or do we tinker with the core based on the feedback players have shared and the in-game behaviour we've seen? I can appreciate that you're anxious for us to have it all figured out, but the reaction to DOW3 is unlike anything we've seen before. It only takes a couple clicks around these parts to see countless different takes on the game from players with different priorities (he said, surprising no one).

One thing I'd challenge you on (respectfully) is that what the community wants and what the game needs changes drastically depending on who you ask. We're spending a lot (no really, A LOT) of time going through the possible answers to these questions. Knowing we can't please everyone means we have to be really thoughtful. All that's to say, if you think this is taking us a long time - yeah, it is! Hopefully you can try to appreciate why we're taking the time."

Hopefully they figure it out. Would hate to see the DoW series die. I've bought 11 games so far in the recent sales so I'll check the game out again after I'm done.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 3:46 pm

DoW III has 2 main problems

1-) Animations are shit. Literally, shit. Every fucking pixel in that game is shit.
2-) Every game mechanic needs to be designed from 0 again. It is just hopeless to trying fix this shit game.

DoW III is a dead game, more dead than DoW 2. Insted of expansion packs and DLC's, they need to work on DoW IV at this point, to get some fresh air. And fire that director or whoever said '' MOBA Warhammer 40k will be awsome '', I don't care who said it, just fuck that guy in the ear.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 9:13 pm

egewithin wrote:DoW III has 2 main problems

1-) Animations are shit. Literally, shit. Every fucking pixel in that game is shit.
2-) Every game mechanic needs to be designed from 0 again. It is just hopeless to trying fix this shit game.

DoW III is a dead game, more dead than DoW 2. Insted of expansion packs and DLC's, they need to work on DoW IV at this point, to get some fresh air. And fire that director or whoever said '' MOBA Warhammer 40k will be awsome '', I don't care who said it, just fuck that guy in the ear.

He's at Capcom Vancouver now.

https://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar3/ ... id=1002951
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 10:04 am

I have no idea why they let Phillip Boule do anything with this game. Not sure what his past credentials were but he was such an abysmal, dumb-as-fuck, uncharismatic retard. Didn't help the game at all. When a guy is trying to sell a game to 40k neckbeard retards and he has a lot of backlash for the leaping TH FC and he says "oh, it's fine, lots of silly things happen in 40k, what sort of idiot would suggest that something as cool as a leaping, gigantic badass for an FC is actually problematic", well, right there and then someone ought to have took him into a back room and kicked the shit out of his ugly ass.

How/why does he have a new job???

And indeed they need to just move on. The game is pure trash in so many ways. Worst voice acting ever. Shit sound all around tbh. Dull campaign. Uninteresting and naturally obnoxious multiplayer gameplay. Ugly aesthetic style that contrasts with the way 40k is meant to be as per what most of the natural fanbase for the franchise want to see.

And in addition to that it's an RTS that relies on its multiplayer for longevity but there is no playerbase. It's like putting make-up on the dead for a photo-shoot. Why bother?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm

Torpid wrote:I have no idea why they let Phillip Boule do anything with this game. Not sure what his past credentials were but he was such an abysmal, dumb-as-fuck, uncharismatic retard. Didn't help the game at all. When a guy is trying to sell a game to 40k neckbeard retards and he has a lot of backlash for the leaping TH FC and he says "oh, it's fine, lots of silly things happen in 40k, what sort of idiot would suggest that something as cool as a leaping, gigantic badass for an FC is actually problematic", well, right there and then someone ought to have took him into a back room and kicked the shit out of his ugly ass.

How/why does he have a new job???

And indeed they need to just move on. The game is pure trash in so many ways. Worst voice acting ever. Shit sound all around tbh. Dull campaign. Uninteresting and naturally obnoxious multiplayer gameplay. Ugly aesthetic style that contrasts with the way 40k is meant to be as per what most of the natural fanbase for the franchise want to see.

And in addition to that it's an RTS that relies on its multiplayer for longevity but there is no playerbase. It's like putting make-up on the dead for a photo-shoot. Why bother?

The bolded statement is the problem of the game and it needs to be fixed if it is ever to be successful. The gameplay is what matters most and the other things are all minor. Relics updates to the game having no impact makes this pretty clear.

Return to “General Discussion”