2.7.2 + Update(11/15/17)

Elite (and related) releases.
Atlas

2.7.2 + Update(11/15/17)

Postby Atlas » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 1:08 am

Preamble:
ALRIGHT SO. Sorry for dropping this one in on you so hot, but developments in the background pushed the release schedule up for this by quite a bit. In addition, there were some who wanted it out ASAP anyway, so in a sense it all worked out.

This time around, instead of 1 changelog that allowed everyone to view and edit, we started with several changelogs and mediated them to condense into one based off of the different logs and from feedback we received on the side. It was a lot messier this time around, but I think this worked out ok.

The scale of this patch is noticeably smaller due to the much faster release schedule. We're looking at another release sometime in Christmas as our next point, but no promises on that. Note that this doesn't mean that we plan to release every month or two. But just to give an idea of where our next target is.

Almost all changes from the Compromise Changelog were cut either purely due to time or were in need of more discussion. What was patched in this patch is material the team deemed to be mostly uncontentious.

As always, let us know what you think! Written feedback is preferable and we hope you have a ton of fun with 2.7.2!

CREDITS
We had a lot more people pipe in this time, so a notable shout out to the Discord writers! Otherwise, the same suspects as usual.

Download Links:
This update requires 2.7.1 in order to properly update. This is a full installer of 2.7.2
https://mega.nz/#!mAx3FbrC!QpLxgF05KM1C ... T1jgLslO6s

General:
Tooltips have been brought up to date.
Fire Dragons equipped with Dragon Scale armor now display a + squad decorator icon.

Map Updates:
Various fixes to (6p) Quest's Redemption by Swiftsabre

Bug Fixes:
Endless Swarm now properly reinforces 2 models per reinforcement.
Ravener Alpha destination Tunnels hp reduced from 175 hp to 125 hp.
Assail now properly requires the Inquisitor to channel the ability.
Loyal to the End now has a proper marker_fx. (fixes persistence issue)
Catachan Explosive Shot damage reduced from 30 to 9.
Plague Marine speed debuff no longer prevents units from melee charging.
Blind Grenade responsiveness improved.

ImageChaos Space Marines

Bloodcrusher:
Cost increased from 280/60 to 300/60.

Plague Marines:
Plague Marine Aura speed debuff increased from 20% to 30%.

ImageEldar

Farseer:
Doom damage increase bonus reduced from 40% to 30%.
Spiritual Rites energy restoration reduced from 60 to 50.
Spiritual Rites health restoration reduced from 200 to 175.

Autarch:
Melta Gun fire on the move accuracy reduced from 100% to 75%.

ImageImperial Guard
Lord Commissar:
Stubbornness now grants the Lord Commissar a 10%/20%/30%/40% bonus to damage for every 1/10/20/30 allied Imperial Guard models within radius 25 of the Lord Commissar in addition to its normal effects.
Stubbornness cost increased from 150/30 to 150/35.

Lord General:
Vox Operator upgrade time increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.

Banewolf:
Health reduced from 700 to 600.
Chemical turret rotation rate increased from 55 to 75.
Banewolf damage multiplier vs buildings increased from 3 to 5.

Chimera:
Main turret rotation rate increased from 40 to 75.

Cadian Kasrkin Squad:
Kasrkin Frag Grenade range reduced from 32 to 25.

ImageOrdo Malleus

Purgation Squad:
Flame_purgation_pvp damage multiplier vs building_light increased from 2.5 to 3.
Psilencer setup and teardown time reduced from 4/3 seconds to 3.5/1.5 seconds.
Psilencer range increased from 49 to 55.
Rending no longer increases weapon range by 6.
Psilencer damage per hit increased from 28.75 to 31.25.

Purifiers:
Special attack radius reduced from 7 to 5.
Nemesis Hammer special attack damage reduced from 25 to 13.
Passive 15% knockback chance on Nemesis Hammers removed.
Purifier damage type changed from heavy melee to power_melee.
Modifier added to make purifier weapons do 100% more damage to vehicles. Meaning effective 0.3 modifier vs vehicles which compares to regular 0.15 of power melee and 0.5 of heavy melee.

Grey Knight Dreadnought:
Hurricane Bolter range reduced from 49 to 44.

ImageOrks

Warboss:
Big Stomp cooldown increased from 25 seconds to 30 seconds.
Shoot ‘em Good damage reduced from 50 to 35. (30% decrease)

Kommando Nob:
Kaboom! cooldown increased from 20 seconds to 40 seconds.

ImageSpace Marines

Terminator Force Commander:
Terminator Armor cost increased from 150/50 to 150/65.

Apothecary:
Anointed Power Axe now increases the health of the Apothecary by 100 when equipped.
Full Auto damage reduced from 50 to 35. (30% decrease)

Techmarine:
Melta Gun fire on the move accuracy increased from 50% to 75%.

Sternguard Veterans:
Bolter_Vengeance damage modifier towards vehicles reduced from 0.7 to 0.5.

ImageTyranids

Ravener Alpha:
Ravener Alpha Tunnel cooldown increased from 100 seconds to 120 seconds.

Spore Mines:
Detonation initial damage reduced from 25 to 18. (Infection damage unchanged)
Spore_pvp damage multiplier values changed as follows:
Damage vs retreating units from 1 to .5.
Damage vs commander from 1.5 to 2.

Ravener Brood:
Devourer range increased from 32 to 34.

Carnifex:
Venom Cannon cost reduced from 100/35 to 100/25.

Swarmlord:
Bone Sabres damage per hit increased from 100 to 110.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Re: 2.7.2

Postby Oddnerd » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 1:53 am

First post as always. Thanks yall.
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:19 am

These patches are dropping in like drop pods!

Thanks, installing right now.

Greets
Schepp himself
Greets schep himself thingy
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:33 am

Schepp himself wrote:These patches are dropping in like drop pods!

Thanks, installing right now.

Greets
Schepp himself

Make sure you installed 2.7.1 first! Otherwise, happy to see you ingame!
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 4:59 am

why is blood crusher so expensive?
it is 260 req in retail,also with a better charge
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:37 am

It is 350 req in retail :shock:
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:45 am

oops yea u are right. still i dont understand the reason behind the sudden cost increase for Blood Crushers
Last edited by Rostam on Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:06 am

Oi, you forgot to add that (6p) Quest's Redemption is fixed!

Yes, another 3v3 map to mosh out on.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
evilmario5
Level 2

Postby evilmario5 » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 9:31 am

solid OM changes for 2.7.2, currently in its best state balance wise from when i join back in 2.4.2 to now OM have gotten better compared to how broken they truly were once.
yes I play gk/om a bit no hate plz
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:31 am

Swiftsabre wrote:Oi, you forgot to add that (6p) Quest's Redemption is fixed!

Sorry about that, added.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 3:45 pm

Gratz to the whole team!

Codex and tooltip updates plz?
Cheekie Monkie
Level 3

Postby Cheekie Monkie » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:06 pm

Purifiers can't decide what weapon to equip :lol:
Playing truth or dare with Diomedes: You dare? YOU DARE?!
Tinder with Diomedes: THINK YOU ARE MY MATCH?!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:20 am

Cyris wrote:Gratz to the whole team!

Codex and tooltip updates plz?

Tooltips are in already, Codex will come along slowly but surely.
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Postby Thibix Magnus » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 8:16 pm

thanks for the continued involvement :)

a question, what observations led to the farseer changes ? I'm not playing competitive games so just for understanding... I'm wondering about sipirt stones, I know their price was decreased previously but thought it was to compensate the loss of xp bonus when reviving fallen allies.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 11:20 pm

Thibix Magnus wrote:thanks for the continued involvement :)

a question, what observations led to the farseer changes ? I'm not playing competitive games so just for understanding... I'm wondering about sipirt stones, I know their price was decreased previously but thought it was to compensate the loss of xp bonus when reviving fallen allies.

Farseer got some push back from players who felt that the overall collection of the buffs was too strong. Instead of just peeling everything back, we made some more minor adjustments.

The Doom damage bonus was a suggestion that was ultimately old, but revisited due to this. And the Spiritual Stones nerf was meant to equalize the ratio of the strength of the Stones compared to the cost associated with it. The team still considers Stones "buffed" from where it was before, but not as much now. Its energy cost was quite restrictive.

So basically, Stones is easier to cast now while not being as impactful. The ratio of how much impact it has relative to the energy required is about the same now as it was before 2.7.1 I believe?

The EXP change on the Stones was just a complaint that certain very hardcore 3v3 players gave, and since it doesn't impact 1v1 very substantially was added in last patch.
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Postby Thibix Magnus » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 12:09 am

Atlas wrote:

thanks!
ShadoLite
Level 1

Re: 2.7.2 + Update(11/15/17)

Postby ShadoLite » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 4:31 am

I haven't been able to download this newest update on my laptop due to the fact I have just turned it on for the first time in about 4 months. However I saw one would require the 2.7.1 update first.... which has vanished from the internet. Help please.!
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:27 am

ShadoLite wrote:I haven't been able to download this newest update on my laptop due to the fact I have just turned it on for the first time in about 4 months. However I saw one would require the 2.7.1 update first.... which has vanished from the internet. Help please.!

There's a full 2.7.2 installer now, check the download page
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:18 am

Thibix Magnus wrote:
Atlas wrote:

thanks!

Yap, thanks for the exmplanation, Atlas.

Greets
Schepp himself
Greets schep himself thingy
ShadoLite
Level 1

Postby ShadoLite » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 3:05 am

I appreciate it.
Antandron
Level 2

Postby Antandron » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 6:17 pm

-
Last edited by Antandron on Thu 02 Dec, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 6:54 pm

Antandron wrote:What are these rumours about a hotfix being necessary to download?

They were true until we updated the download link. We wanted to give players who already had the 2.7.2 the very small update instead of a full installer for it.

At this point, the full installer does all of it for you.
Minted
Level 0

Postby Minted » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 7:27 pm

So the initial 2.7.2 patch to 2.7.1 is not compatible with the 2.7.2 full version?

Games on the ESL log labeled Elite 2.7.2 I could only watch with the 2.7.2 patch. Recent games just labeled Elite I could only watch with the 2.7.2 full.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 2:40 pm

Minted wrote:So the initial 2.7.2 patch to 2.7.1 is not compatible with the 2.7.2 full version?

Games on the ESL log labeled Elite 2.7.2 I could only watch with the 2.7.2 patch. Recent games just labeled Elite I could only watch with the 2.7.2 full.

Correct.

They're separate patches so not compatible.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Hutsy
Level 2

Postby Hutsy » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 10:33 pm

evilmario5 wrote:solid OM changes for 2.7.2, currently in its best state balance wise from when i join back in 2.4.2 to now OM have gotten better compared to how broken they truly were once.

I've been playing them for a while and I'm still struggling - getting ruined 1v1 against IG at the moment as I struggle to get to T2 or even take out the Senti! :shock:
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 3:28 am

Hutsy wrote:
evilmario5 wrote:solid OM changes for 2.7.2, currently in its best state balance wise from when i join back in 2.4.2 to now OM have gotten better compared to how broken they truly were once.

I've been playing them for a while and I'm still struggling - getting ruined 1v1 against IG at the moment as I struggle to get to T2 or even take out the Senti! :shock:

IG and eldar are definitely by far the hardest Match-ups for OM. Both of them make melee strikes useless, which is a bad start. You don't wanna go 2x IST vs IG either since they just bleed and lose 1v1 to guardsmen and sents.

Starting IST + 2x psybolt strikes and then purgs vs cats/3x gm/spotters, or OPs if he goes HWT. Although you can also go 2x SS + purg vs 3x GM + sent + HWT and then just get vortex on the BC to deal with the HWT.

Surviving t1 is the hardest thing in the MU - without being bashed or bleeding too much. Once you do the T2 psybolt SS are awesome and you can go for the hellfire dread which puts a lot of pressure on the IG. Purifiers also hard-counter ogryns whilst being good to solo one part of the map as whilst they arre useless vs a fully IG army, on their own they can usually take down 2 IG squads. So put them one side, rest of your army on the other. The IG will have to split up a lot and lose the side where your main army is. Only exception to that is if he has ogryns, then you want puris with your main army - then use one of your SS as a side-capper.

Psilencers will kill the sent very fast. Try to bait it into them with other squads or even you dread if he goes for the missles. Psilencer+plasma dread shots will make quick work of the chimera too. Lemans though will require interceptors to try to make sure you don't get out-teched or you might be screwed. IG is basically useless vs double psilencers + an LRC. So bear that in mind too if a game is dragging on. That comp will usually win it for you.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 3:57 pm

@torpid Asking this from Torpid :
From what i have heard i think the flamer dread would be a bit too good ,isnt it better to give the GK Dread fist out of the gate Torpid? like the normal sm dread, afterwards dread would have some nice options (Plasma Canon,Heavy Flamer,and Multi Melta) that would look good in my opinion. what do u think about it?
also u can give maelstrom to plasma dread instead of flamer dread to give it some defensive option,since flamer dread has already supression and quiet a good amount of courage damage on it.

Also Really like to see that lascanon upgrade option for the next patch in addition to the psycanon upgrade to the strike squad (choosing between two upgrades of purgation)
Last edited by Rostam on Mon 11 Dec, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hutsy
Level 2

Postby Hutsy » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:50 pm

Torpid wrote:
Hutsy wrote:

IG and eldar are definitely by far the hardest Match-ups for OM. Both of them make melee strikes useless, which is a bad start. You don't wanna go 2x IST vs IG either since they just bleed and lose 1v1 to guardsmen and sents.

Starting IST + 2x psybolt strikes and then purgs vs cats/3x gm/spotters, or OPs if he goes HWT. Although you can also go 2x SS + purg vs 3x GM + sent + HWT and then just get vortex on the BC to deal with the HWT.

Surviving t1 is the hardest thing in the MU - without being bashed or bleeding too much. Once you do the T2 psybolt SS are awesome and you can go for the hellfire dread which puts a lot of pressure on the IG. Purifiers also hard-counter ogryns whilst being good to solo one part of the map as whilst they arre useless vs a fully IG army, on their own they can usually take down 2 IG squads. So put them one side, rest of your army on the other. The IG will have to split up a lot and lose the side where your main army is. Only exception to that is if he has ogryns, then you want puris with your main army - then use one of your SS as a side-capper.

Psilencers will kill the sent very fast. Try to bait it into them with other squads or even you dread if he goes for the missles. Psilencer+plasma dread shots will make quick work of the chimera too. Lemans though will require interceptors to try to make sure you don't get out-teched or you might be screwed. IG is basically useless vs double psilencers + an LRC. So bear that in mind too if a game is dragging on. That comp will usually win it for you.

Legend!
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 2:59 pm

is it just me or does sentinel stomp seem to be a little bit over performing?
also would like fc termi go to 70 power instead of 65
Archalia
Level 0

Postby Archalia » Mon 08 Jan, 2018 12:59 am

Thank you guys for your tremendous work !

You are awesome

Return to “Releases”