Elite League

Tournament discussion and registration.
Adila
Level 3

Re: Elite League

Postby Adila » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 7:35 pm

sadly for this season not anymore but at the end of the round robin there will be a Promotion Torunamant and the winner enters the league automaticly
in the next season 2nd and 3rd place get a chance in a bo3 vs 16 and 17. 18 is replaced by the winner of this promotion tournement.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:04 pm

When planning your meetings, this time and date.com's international meeting planner will help greatly.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

Also I think it would be nice for everyone to identify which local timezone each person belongs to currently so that your opponent knows the time difference between two places.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 11:09 am

UTC +1 Berlin time
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 3:55 pm

Can I get in?
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 3:57 pm

Cyris wrote:Can I get in?

You can get in into the next season by competing in the promotion tournament. For this Season its a bit to late now.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 4:29 pm

Awesome! When is the promotion tournament?
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 7:24 pm

Cyris wrote:Awesome! When is the promotion tournament?

It starts after the first half of the leage 8-16 Players (MRT style tourney) but league participents are not allowed to take part in it.
winner replaces rank 18 at the end of the season and 2nd and 3rd play a bo3 vs 16th and 17th. If they manage to beat them they are in the league.
ArcticFrenzy
Level 1

Postby ArcticFrenzy » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 2:04 pm

sign me in for this funfun, this event deserves winner
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 2:31 pm

I would be surprised if you were permitted into any event hosted by any member of this community after the stunts you are pulling on the ladder 8-)
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 3:59 pm

a cocky, cheating, cl abusing retard that gets baselocked by players that have under 400 hours when he doesnt play CL shouldnt be allowed to play in this
Nurland

Re: RE: Re: Elite League

Postby Nurland » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 4:55 pm

ArcticFrenzy wrote:sign me in for this funfun, this event deserves winner
If by winner you mean someone who is cheating the ladder system by fighting his own smurfs. No. We don't need nor deserve a "winner" like that.

Cheating on an unofficial ladder of a dead game. I mean this is the saddest thing I have heard in a while and I just read about orphans dying of sexual abuse.

On a related note: Expect your ladder profile to get deleted in the coming days.
#noobcodex
PaperBaG
Level 2

Postby PaperBaG » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 6:50 pm

I'd like to resign, love the idea but Im barely active, played one game today and not happy about the fact with this eco you can kill hero 2x and ASM early but still get to t2 around same time with same map control vanilla eco would never allow that. It's like there's 0 variety in builds you have to play the meta or else you severely handicap yourself. I think someone else if possible should take my spot because i'm not going to be actively playing sorry.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 8:06 pm

Itisnowwhatyouthink wrote:Is there any chance extending the league? Lately I have been focusing a lot on 1v1 games and I would be interested to enter the competition.

I am a decent competitive player looking to improve. With you Adila we played two times. Both times I won. Apo vs Sorcerer, Apo vs Warlock. The games are on the ladder. This is no boast, just a confirmation that my level of skill is corresponding to that of the league players, nobody from here knows me in person.

Moreover, I can advocate for player Life who also wanted to join. And I am more than certain there could be other willing players that might have missed the opportunity to sign in.

There's a slot open right now if you see this message within a few days.
Shroom
Level 2

Re: RE: Re: Elite League

Postby Shroom » Sun 15 Oct, 2017 9:58 am

Nurland wrote:
ArcticFrenzy wrote:sign me in for this funfun, this event deserves winner
If by winner you mean someone who is cheating the ladder system by fighting his own smurfs. No. We don't need nor deserve a "winner" like that.

Cheating on an unofficial ladder of a dead game. I mean this is the saddest thing I have heard in a while and I just read about orphans dying of sexual abuse.

On a related note: Expect your ladder profile to get deleted in the coming days.

unrankedfrenzy BTFO'd
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 9:16 pm

as it stands "Bestnoob" was replaced by "Zevargel" in the ladder, the problem is Zevargel has taken credit over the games bestnoob has done

That is not fare nor the way tourneys work. If u wanna start ,u have to start from scratch, with 0-win 0-loss
for example Bestnoob has won his games vs "Dark Riku" and "Don Fr33man" which are from the best
that means Zevargel has taken credit for winning Riku and Freeman which would be a very very tough match up for him
For example If he wants the score vs them he has to win them in a fare fight End of story .That is not the way to go

Also i should protest; I asked that "Cyris" would take the place of 18th player vacancy days ago (he is playing frequently these days and has good skill) Also he himself requested that here in this thread; but it was given to some one else then given to vindicare and after him dropping was given to zevargel; which as far as i know wants bestnoobs scores to start with or else ... (I Just asked adila about it) It is not fare. Cyris frequently asked for that spot and was ignored or said to play on the other round which would give other players chance to join later

PS: Dont get me wrong, Adila is a friend and i appreciate this liege alot and i know how hard managing a tourney is. All I am saying is that if u wanna do something do it right
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 11:01 pm

I hope Zevergal is not getting the stats from Bestnoob.
They probably just have to remove those games still.

I also assume the league, at least the first round, will stay on the old patch.
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 8:59 am

Vindicare never quit the league, he was just in ragemode and it was unclear. Well if you guys think that you can play those games in time fine I am sick of
replacing whiny ppl or not beeing in mood for 1v1s anymore... so far Paperbag, Big Mathis and Bestnoob.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 2:16 pm

I vote for replaying the matches as well.

@Riku: The games will ALL be played on 2.7
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:14 pm

So, I presume this is still happening? When would you like to host another one? :)
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:54 am

Another one will be hosted when the first one is done. There will be a promotion tournament for entering the league.

I would imagine the next season of league begins in january.
#noobcodex
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 6:49 pm

Step aside boys! Going to embarrass myself again!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 11:29 pm

I got some other format ideas that may be good to use in the future.
And got no better place to keep them. So here goes.

1: "More fun tourney": Everyone random.
2: Players get to ban a certain race before the game. Similar to any MOBA hero ban system. You don't have to pick heroes at the start then.
2.1: Or you could! And let the opponent ban X hero(es) before the round starts.
2.2: You could also enforce no hero mirrors. Again in a MOBA, once a team picks a hero, the other automatically gets locked out of that pick.
3: Blind hero picks. Kind of like the ladder used to be. Still after the map is known though!
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 12:37 am

Dark Riku wrote:I got some other format ideas that may be good to use in the future.
And got no better place to keep them. So here goes.

1: "More fun tourney": Everyone random.
2: Players get to ban a certain race before the game. Similar to any MOBA hero ban system. You don't have to pick heroes at the start then.
2.1: Or you could! And let the opponent ban X hero(es) before the round starts.
2.2: You could also enforce no hero mirrors. Again in a MOBA, once a team picks a hero, the other automatically gets locked out of that pick.
3: Blind hero picks. Kind of like the ladder used to be. Still after the map is known though!

I like 1&3.

Not keen on any form of 2 because the playerbase isn't big enough to screw over the playes who are decent with 1 or 2 races but not all and secondly mirror MUs are still MUs. It is unfair to those who happen to be great in mirrors to not be able to play them.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 5:39 am

can we have the rest of the "Elite League" games on 2.7.1? It is splitting the already few players into two ,between 2.7.0 and 2.7.1
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 10:55 am

Just make next league matches when 2.7.2 comes out xd.
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 1:38 pm

Many Players are protesting about this new patch, and I see to some degree why, when the hotfix is out and the patch looks decent we can change to the new one, and I hope Players stop bitching about it then.
Cheekie Monkie
Level 3

Postby Cheekie Monkie » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 4:36 pm

"Fun" ideas to bend the rules:

No more heroes: no heroes may be used. Players must suicide their heroes into the enemy Base at the start of the game with no resurrect.

Quickfire round: VP''s are restricted to 400. Loser concedes at the 100 mark. If people rack honor for this, use the game''s 250 VP feature

Boys before toys: no wargear may be purchased.
Playing truth or dare with Diomedes: You dare? YOU DARE?!
Tinder with Diomedes: THINK YOU ARE MY MATCH?!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 7:02 pm

Rostam313 wrote:can we have the rest of the "Elite League" games on 2.7.1? It is splitting the already few players into two ,between 2.7.0 and 2.7.1

No. Half of the previous games are already played on 2.7. It would make absolutely no sense to play on any other patch.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 7:21 pm

Adila wrote:Many Players are protesting about this new patch, and I see to some degree why, when the hotfix is out and the patch looks decent we can change to the new one, and I hope Players stop bitching about it then.

I don't know about "many". So far, I've only heard strong comments from a very particular group. If you do want to keep it on the 2.7, I think Riku's reason makes more sense. Depends on how competitive-oriented the league is going for.

While I'm here, have there been any new games? What's going on?
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:38 pm

https://dawnofwar.info/esl/league

There is an own section on the Homepage regarding League games in case you didn't see.

Return to “Tournaments”