Tips on dealing with Terminators as Tyranids?

Strategy and L2P topics.
ElSlayer
Level 1

Tips on dealing with Terminators as Tyranids?

Postby ElSlayer » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:48 am

Aside from bashing gens and never letting them to obtain termies in the first place...

Zoanthrope? But those guys just teleport behind it and tear it down in couple of hits.

Neurothrope maybe?
Last edited by ElSlayer on Tue 01 Aug, 2017 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torpid

Re: Tips on dealing with Terminators as Tyranids?

Postby Torpid » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 11:53 am

Neurothropes are the dedicated counter. Paroxysm does % based damage and a bigger % to SHI (terminator armour). So it is amazing vs them, also has more hp than zoans.

Crippling poison -> adrenal frenzy genestealers with melee synapse is good too. And thornback carnifexes with their vehicle armour can easily beat down the power melee terminator variants.. Barbed strangler fexes also do decent damage in chunks to ranged terminators.
Last edited by Torpid on Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
ElSlayer
Level 1

Postby ElSlayer » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 12:20 pm

Genestealers with melee Warriors and 2 Hormies couldn't even scratch them. That's how I lost btw :) Probably should just go to other part of the map.
Allright. Gonna try Neurothrope first.

Thanks.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 12:30 pm

The best way to kill terminators as nids is the Neurothrope not only for the reason torpid said above but it also slows to but it will take about 3 shots of paroxysm to put the hurt of them.

Genestealers can do ok but only with melee synapse they just don't have the hp with out it to take on terminators.

Fexs barbed strangler does good damage but it is slow firing is it will take a long time so melee fex is your best bet but melee fex are very easy to deal with

But since the size change venom brood won't do anything to them and yea I started to see that nid can now lose to term rush unless your have the right units now
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
ElSlayer
Level 1

Postby ElSlayer » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:02 pm

Btw I was struggling with assault termies (the ones with hammer and shield). I guess using melee troops against them isn't good idea because of melee resistance aura?
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:18 pm

ElSlayer wrote:Btw I was struggling with assault termies (the ones with hammer and shield). I guess using melee troops against them isn't good idea because of melee resistance aura?

With the shields they don't do that much damage so genes should do pretty good, but the uspport might be an issue.

Still, yeah neurothrope is the best counter to them. Neuros and genes. Once they get their claws you need a thornback fex.
ElSlayer
Level 1

Postby ElSlayer » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:28 pm

Torpid wrote:
ElSlayer wrote:Btw I was struggling with assault termies (the ones with hammer and shield). I guess using melee troops against them isn't good idea because of melee resistance aura?

With the shields they don't do that much damage so genes should do pretty good, but the uspport might be an issue.

Still, yeah neurothrope is the best counter to them. Neuros and genes. Once they get their claws you need a thornback fex.

I had fex, but had to upgrade it with venom canon to deal with predator. Was kinda surprised with how much damage bioplasma do to vehicles!
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:43 pm

ElSlayer wrote:I had fex, but had to upgrade it with venom canon to deal with predator. Was kinda surprised with how much damage bioplasma do to vehicles!

Ah well that's the classic combo to beat nids.

Neuro -> kill termies.

VC fex -> kill tanks.

Idd it does a whole 200 to vehicles and not much to anything else. The VC fex is the dedicated tank hunter of the nid army. You can even shoot the bio plasma into the fog of war and get rear armour hits too with it. Hence tank hunter.
hiveminion
Level 3

Postby hiveminion » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 3:02 pm

Don't forget Toxin Sacs to pretty much immobilize Termies, then hit them with Paroxysm. HT/TG/Carni charge knocks back Termies as well. It's all about disrupting and controlling them while you pile on damage. It's usually best to force off the rest of the enemy forces before targetting the Termies, without support they will back off quickly.
ElSlayer
Level 1

Postby ElSlayer » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:16 pm

According to these pages in Codex
https://dawnofwar.info/elite/weapon.php ... enestealer
it seems like it is better NOT to upgrade Rending Claws for Genestealers if you're fighting heavy and superheavy infantry.

Is that correct?
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 6:00 pm

ElSlayer wrote:According to these pages in Codex
it seems like it is better NOT to upgrade Rending Claws for Genestealers if you're fighting heavy and superheavy infantry.

Is that correct?

Correct.

The upgrade makes them worse vs HI and SHI. But makes them do strong AV.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 7:23 am

Genestealers
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 10:30 am

ElSlayer wrote:According to these pages in Codex

Is that correct?

Yea you want to keep their default claw for terminators does a lot more damage than their rending claws but I must stress gensteals will need at least synapse or better melee Synapse to take on any terminators other wise their just going to bleed you to death.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 5:23 am

Nobody has really elaborated, so I will. With melee synapse, genes have a whopping 90 melee skill, which means they will process a LOT of special attacks. Their special attacks will knock back even terminators, so it will keep them from doing much damage while they get knocked around.

Terminators only have 70 MS, so the chance of an unleveled genestealer under melee synapse processing a special attack against them is 25% per attack. Genes attack once every .8 seconds, multiplied by their squad of 6, means that you have a very high chance of terminators constantly being on their asses :)
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 5:57 am

Broodwich wrote: Their special attacks will knock back even terminators

genestealer special attacks have ability, not weapon knockback?
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 7:36 am

Shroom wrote:
Broodwich wrote: Their special attacks will knock back even terminators

genestealer special attacks have ability, not weapon knockback?

No they don't and Terminators are weapon-knockback immune. As far as I know only default Carnifexes and Dreadnoughts and Wraithlords and Deff Dreads (thx Toilailee) have ability knockback specials. Don't really know on the top of my head wether Avatar and GUO have one as well but that can easily be checked in Windus very informative thread about every units stats that are not in the Codex.

EDIT: Here is the link - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1261

EDIT 2: Avatar has 2 specials that have ability knockback. GUO has weapon knockback only. Genestealers have weapon knockback only.

EDIT 3: If Genestealers could special Terminators, they would be the ultimate Terminator counter besting even Lightning Claw Terminators which are the apex melee unit in this game.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 10:41 am

Genestealers could never knockback terminators idk where your getting this from broodwich?
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 12:42 pm

Think you may be confusing terminators for nobs there Broodwich.

That said, even then, nobs will beat genes most of the time since they bleed their models so fast. So it's a risky game. But they are T2 unit. Vs those t3 melee beasts you need T3 support of your own.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 1:17 pm

Gensteals can't take on elite infantry no more thx to the changers to Adrenal Rush their much weaker in melee these days
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:10 pm

I would say, they are less ungodly now.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:56 am

hmm, i guess i am mistaken. I could have sworn i've seen them get juggled around before, but perhaps that was to some other entity in a blob of nids.

Carry on!
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 11:00 am

how about making terminators large size again
genestealers would be an option but quiet risky and not a solid option tbh
thorn back carnifex is about 200 power also (carnifexes op kappa) even swarm lord is cheeper with 180 power . lmao
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy

Return to “Strategy Discussion”