Kasrkin rework or something

Generic non-balance topics.
I_just_want_to_die
Level 0

Kasrkin rework or something

Postby I_just_want_to_die » Fri 19 May, 2017 4:46 pm

Kasrkin seems utterly overshadowed by the other t3 units: Leman Russ and Baneblade, or even in general.
Although their damage and role are superb, you rarely would ever purchase a Kasrkin; you would rather purchase another Leman Russ considering the similar prices fully upgraded. AV? Get a vanquisher Leman Russ! Anti-infantry? Get an executioner Leman Russ
Additionally, they feel more like AK Stormtrooper 2.0 than anything.
So, what I am proposing to make them feel more viable and tempting is either revamp their kits to make them jack-of-all-trade or make them cheaper, perhaps even have a Valkyrie drop with a price reduction and passively buffing your army with inspire on kills.
They are, after all, in the fluff, revered by the regular guardsmen.
And for the love of the God Emperor, could we get a better stormtrooper model?
hiveminion
Level 3

Re: Kasrkin rework or something

Postby hiveminion » Fri 19 May, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm not an IG expert, but frankly I think you would have to buff Kasrkin to a ridiculous level to make them a preferable choice over a Russ in almost any situation. Tanks have been very strong in Elite mod since their speed buff and they obviously synergize extremely well with Guardsmen and IG globals like the Bunker. Why would you not get anti-all mobile firepower on a tough unit with in-field health regeneration and no bleed. And with the Lord General it costs almost no power either.

So I'd suggest a rework on the Russ and tanks in general before rebalancing Kaskrin.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Fri 19 May, 2017 7:11 pm

The core issue is redundancy with guardsmen and stormtroopers for what they're supposed to do, other than the situational GLs. For plasma damage there's already plasma GMs (or executioner russ) and for piercing you have stormtroopers. In late 3v3 there's also the issue of each side getting closer to critical mass of damage where the kasrkin's additional health just doesn't do much, in which case the vanquisher russ starts to shine since it's autocannon_av type weapon that has great accuracy vs small models, and 55 range 150 explosive damage per shot, making it a safe bleeding machine that you can put on overwatch. Get a high enough number of them and it won't even matter that they don't have splash damage, it'll just steamroll through everything. Shame Indrid didn't cast the game where I built like 5 of them, it didn't matter what the enemy had, it all just melted. For damage, range, and durability, the russ is just straight up superior, even with pathfinding shenanigans, and AKST have the infiltration to allow them to close in for grenading, something that kasrkin don't have in T3 where this damage critical mass approaches. This is all from a 3v3 perspective, obviously.

If there was a modeller around, I'd sincerely recommend him to make a bullgryn model, even if it's just grabbing a bog standard ogryn and slapping tank tracks on his torso arms and legs. A T3 melee option would fare better in my eyes, not risking redundancy with the baneblade and the leman russ.
Fr33man1800
Level 2

Postby Fr33man1800 » Fri 19 May, 2017 8:13 pm

If I had a dollar for every buff Kasyr post id be millionare at this point. Even when they were 60 power they did very good and they still do now. Especially in team games. I dont want to repeat what i've said multiple times but try to make your build fit kasyr , for example:

LG : sniper and VoX and kite arround with your WTF dps blob.
LC: use flares and fist of brokus to counter enemy blobs while mine global and HWT for controling vehilces.
INQ : use servo skull to spot and imobilize blobs with purgatus or Xbow while dps them down with your army

Obiously lemans are more versatile than kasyr but they are also more EZ to snipe in a flank and cost way more power but that does not mean kasyr dont have their uses. Especially on maps that pathing is horrible or the enemy has 9999999999999 AV squads.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 19 May, 2017 9:01 pm

Fr33man1800 wrote:Obiously lemans are more versatile than kasyr but they are also more EZ to snipe in a flank and cost way more power but that does not mean kasyr dont have their uses. Especially on maps that pathing is horrible or the enemy has 9999999999999 AV squads.

Especially, Angel Gate. As Cyrus quoted in the campaign, nothing about that place in 'angelic'. That place teaches you why u shouldn't drive a tank into a metropolitan city.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 5:50 am

Kasrikin grenade launcher is really good shame that people mostly go for plasma guns
also i dont think sarge is even worth to purchase
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy

Return to “Community General Discussion”