A Rant By Archwarhammer on Dow3

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Rostam
Level 4

A Rant By Archwarhammer on Dow3

Postby Rostam » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 1:06 pm

I thought I would share these videos which are a kind of rant regarding to dow3,made by Archwarhammer

Last edited by Rostam on Wed 29 Mar, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
hiveminion
Level 3

Re: A Rant By Archwarhammer on Dow3

Postby hiveminion » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 3:56 pm

I never understand this guy's popularity. His has to be one of the most annoying voices in human history.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 8:02 pm

He's just being negative for views. Stop playing his game and ignore him. Everytime somebody says his name it's marketing.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 3:04 pm

I liked his lore videos, now he just shits on everything for controversy.

Anyway, moving this to random stuff, don't want it poisoning the forum.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 4:39 pm

I like Arch's..... videos, but I find his...... use of .... awkward pauses.... and his use of tone .... shall we say, less than... endearing.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 31 Mar, 2017 4:33 am

Remember to hit 'dislike' on his videos. It's what the buttons for. Noticed the low amount of dislikes and it kinda pisses me off.
Odysseus
Level 2

Postby Odysseus » Fri 31 Mar, 2017 5:22 pm

Aren't you essentially just doing the same then? I mean, more than enough people seem to agree with him, and I'm sure he could always be ruder and even more annoying, but surely that must mean that he raises points that people can sympathize with. I've personally already made my choice (Will probably pick it up when it's on sale in the future), but I don't think the game should be devoid of criticism. I hope you guys have fun with the game, and I also hope that Caeltos' absence means that a secret Elite Mod DOW III edition is in the making to improve on the vanilla game :P.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Fri 31 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Remember to hit 'dislike' on his videos. It's what the buttons for. Noticed the low amount of dislikes and it kinda pisses me off.

Why? He made good points, like how the fuck are u going to made the game "cleaner" and at the same time adds a fuckton of (unnecessary) effects which made impossible to keep tracking on what the fuck is going on.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 31 Mar, 2017 7:04 pm

Well we can't have DOW3 criticism or other dangerous forms of wrongthink going unpunished.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Fri 31 Mar, 2017 7:29 pm

Just another of the jewtube drama queens that picked up the current trend of moaning at everything and became popular out of it, although he is extremely annoying to listen to, which puzzles me of how people can find him anything but a stuttering and stumbling buffoon trying to sound English.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:37 pm

I don't mind that he doesn't like the game or his reasons for doing so. I don't like how he presents it as the way he whines is just incredibly annoying.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 2:31 am

To be honest, it's at the point where I've heard so much outrageous stuff about DoW III from people who don't have the same experience as me that I'm sick of the whining. Yes, he's not necessarily wrong about everything, but he doesn't need to go about it the way he does.

Arch is essentially a demagogue: he could go about this civily (if he knew how) or he could get views by going hardline in one direction.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 3:05 am

I'm confused, are you guys trying to say that Arch's arguments are incorrect? Or just that he used far too much wind to get his points across?
To be fair, I don't have time to listen entire rants anymore, but from what I could surmise his arguments sound pretty based in what's actually happening are they not?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 4:38 am

To summarize Arch's argument since you don't seem to have time, he makes a basic list of things that are in a Dawn of War game and that, because it is missing in Dawn of War III, that makes it not a true Dawn of War game. Basically, the "No True Scotsman" argument in reverse.

I left a response comment on the video so if you're super interested you can see it, but the short of that comment is that a lot of the things he's criticizing DoWIII about were absent in either DoWI and DoWII as well and the main point of his argument falls flat because both DoWI and DoWII would fail the test as well.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 11:46 am

To expand on some great posts by Atlas and Swift, this is a very good baseline I tend to use when talking about any critique, especially critique that uses shouty rhetoric to get attention:

You can disagree with an individual's critique of the product without somehow being committed to preventing all critique of the product, ever, for all time.
PaperBaG
Level 2

Postby PaperBaG » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 8:38 am

It does look a lot like League of Legends combined with Dow1
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 7:49 am

To be honest i prefer dow2 .
and i think he made some good points . it is not total black and white as people say in the posts here "like this rant is total bs" . i think he has made some very interesting points
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:59 pm

Rostam313 wrote:To be honest i prefer dow2 .
and i think he made some good points . it is not total black and white as people say in the posts here "like this rant is total bs" . i think he has made some very interesting points

Ok, like what?

Not that I'm saying he can't have a point, but that's awfully vague there.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 11:13 pm

Atlas wrote:
Rostam313 wrote:To be honest i prefer dow2 .

Ok, like what?

Not that I'm saying he can't have a point, but that's awfully vague there.

ok with indrid making a pov Dow3 video i am more interested to watch that :D
nvm Arch

Return to “Random Stuff”