Level 3

Re: Dawn of War III - Prophecy of War

Postby Psycho » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 3:26 pm

IG confirmed future DLC?
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 3:42 pm

This game looks like it would've been a great new IP but it's looks pretty bad to be a 40k game.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 4:00 pm

Psycho wrote:IG confirmed future DLC?

How could they not have IG tbf? Especially in a game that is meant to have the biggest scale evah of a DOW.

Also, orks get looted basilisks which is cool as fuck.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 4:04 pm

I thought this trailer looked pretty good TBH.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 4:07 pm

Indrid wrote:I thought this trailer looked pretty good TBH.

Keep in mind it's a 100% bullshot trailer, the game won't play like this and it won't even be this smooth, there's no UI and we've already seen from many gameplay trailers how messy and blobby the game is in reality.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 4:56 pm

No matter how many times I hear it, the lack of Dobson voice acting (especially for Gabriel) just kills me inside.
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 6:27 pm

I can see a lot of potential in this video. Still a bit of a confused mess but could play well.

Also, spear of khaine as the super weapon, that was a bit of a surprise and probably kills the hopes of those expecting Necrons as a fourth race.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 7:28 pm

I cant believe i am saying this but that was a decent trailer .
I think those ridiculous lore issues and a bunch of more issues can be tolerated if the games gets good
I mean I hope dow3 becomes a good one
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 3:38 am

I like how they spend their time making trailers to look good but don't spend their time to make decent games same old relic as always just got to make their games look good to sell but not to play
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 4:27 am

The trailer looked good. Sue me.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 4:51 am

Atlas wrote:The trailer looked good. Sue me.

Ban this sick filth
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 12:44 pm

This trailer looked a lot better than some of their previous material, I really liked it.

Time to derail the hate-train, you lot are being left behind!
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sun 19 Feb, 2017 8:25 am

I haven't really hated dow3 but usually am concerned by it. The look i knew i could get over even though i would never really accept it. But there are a lot of other things that bother me tbh.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Sun 19 Feb, 2017 8:54 am

Oddnerd wrote:No matter how many times I hear it, the lack of Dobson voice acting (especially for Gabriel) just kills me inside.

yep, no paul dobson voicing gabriel angelos = not a dow game
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 10:43 am

boss wrote:I like how they spend their time making trailers to look good but don't spend their time to make decent games same old relic as always just got to make their games look good to sell but not to play

Those are some extreme mental gymnastics going on, considering Relic are getting shit for prioritising gameplay to lore.

The trailer though is really good, finally its a normal story and not dark crusade style campaign.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 11:12 am

lel relic and game play hold on let me say that again relic and Balance game play. Balance and relic don't fit in the same line let alone in their games so please go head and waste your time and money with them I thought dow2 and coh2 would maybe tell people that relic don't care about their game just the money they get from them but hey you find out soon with dow3
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 1:01 pm

boss wrote:lel relic and game play hold on let me say that again relic and Balance game play. Balance and relic don't fit in the same line let alone in their games so please go head and waste your time and money with them I thought dow2 and coh2 would maybe tell people that relic don't care about their game just the money they get from them but hey you find out soon with dow3

Can't agree with you more. I had complaints about DOW2 when it came out but I never expected COH2 to be such a disaster. If I see any of the practices that was done when COH2 got released, I won't play DOW3 for sure.
1. Revealing commander DLC from day 1. Wow, are they insane? It is a DLC that can affect basic balance of the game and you dare release it on day one? Some units were even unusable if you didn't have certain DLC. It took 3 years for them to release the patch that allows ppl to use in game currency to buy everything.
2. Whats more? they even didn't allow ppl to watch replays if they do not have DLCs for factions that appear in the replay
3. Stupidly big and useless UI design :(
4. More than 30+ Commanders in total, why don't you just say fuk off yo plebian casual gamer? COH1 was quite complicate enough for new ppl but COH2 with those crazy number of commanders proved that it can be made even more difficult
5. Units firepower was increased while their defense was decreased. This caused game to be way too fast for many of ppl to play. In a blink of an eye, your units are gone. Again raising the skill bar for new players.
6. That intel report thingy. I mean why the hell is it possible for these things to affect actual units in game? This also took 3 years for them to fix it so that you cannot equip multiple of them and also their effects got nurfed.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 3:35 pm

Carnevour wrote:prioritising gameplay to lore

THERE IT IS AGAIN
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 3:55 pm

Carnevour wrote:
boss wrote:I like how they spend their time making trailers to look good but don't spend their time to make decent games same old relic as always just got to make their games look good to sell but not to play

Those are some extreme mental gymnastics going on, considering Relic are getting shit for prioritising gameplay to lore.

The trailer though is really good, finally its a normal story and not dark crusade style campaign.

Emotion Seconded,Lore Breakers
That trailer looks good though,it looks a bit more like 40k universe this time . still needs much more work to satisfy 40k fans though
I am looking forward to see some multiplayer footage
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 4:12 pm

Psycho wrote:
Carnevour wrote:prioritising gameplay to lore

THERE IT IS AGAIN

Oh yeah sorry i forgot it isnt a game its a VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE SIMULATOR of warhammer 40k. I guess playing is not your priority rather to gawk at things.
Its a game, games should be fun and not a bug filled mess with muh graphics, muh grimdark, muh pointless sync kills that serve no purpose rather to wrestle a players control.
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 4:19 pm

I don't get this... you complain that DoW III is not representing the lore, yet does DoW II?

I thought we were over this hurdle: LORE DOES NOT INFORM BALANCE.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 4:34 pm

Carnevour wrote:text

Have you EVER used any other argument other than that? It sounds more like an excuse, now.
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 5:37 pm

Ok, two posts deleted, we really don't need this here.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 5:57 pm

Relic bringing "balance" to their games sounds about as likely as Ra returning to Egypt and re-creating the paradise that existed there before he was forced into exile... actually wait no it's even less likely
Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Postby Ar-Aamon » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 6:27 pm

Still looks like shit. No thanks.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 20 Feb, 2017 11:58 pm

Those who prioritize anything over gameplay needs to experience setup teams setting up in the opposite direction some more.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 21 Feb, 2017 7:45 am

I have mentioned this before. There are ways to make gameplay and lore coincide. Jumping terminators could be replaced with him throwing his weapon up, teleporting to it and them slamming into the ground with the force of the weapon and the heavy weight of the armor. Which would still make it flashy and stand out.

I would like lasCANNONS to function like a cannon though.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Tue 21 Feb, 2017 5:47 pm

There are. But that doesn't mean what Relic has done is necessarily wrong, either. It's an opinion-based design choice (backed by the need to have the units stand out). You have a different idea of how the animation could work.

You're not wrong, either. It's subjective.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 21 Feb, 2017 7:38 pm

I think it more of the fact that relic cant be ass and as they say simplify dow3 aka we cant fix cover system cos is cost time and money so let just remove it and put some cheap shit in bubble shields sigh. making new animation cost a lot of time and effort and well jugging by the graphic of dow3 they probably wont be able to do it so just better to have a jumping terminators with bright lights so they can stand out ffs

Return to “General Discussion”