"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Rostam
Level 4

Re: 2.6.1 Showcase Vod

Postby Rostam » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks for the hard work and info
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 9:19 am

Ok, quick update before I head to bed.

After this vod, the following has been fixed already:

Catachan Explosive Shot damage doing more damage than intended (atm from 40 to 15, ultimate number pending).
Chaos Lord Drain Life UI range still set to 20. (properly set to 12)
Chaos Lord Drain Life does not do extra damage in retreat. (fixed)
Fire Dragon Hold Fire should be set to W, not E. (fixed)
MoT Dread Hold Fire on both W and E keys. (fixed)
DA, when equipping the Warlock and then the AoA, do not have a grenade icon. (fixed)
Nob Frenzy still costs 75 red, not 60. (fixed)
SM Dread starts with greyed out Assault Cannon Barrage. (Hold Fire has been removed for the Assault Cannon upgrade, Multimelta still set to Q)
Ravs cost 399 req, not 400 req. (fixed)
Warriors that buy BS and then AG still have Hold Fire hotkey. (fixed)
Carnifex has Hold Fire on E by default. (fixed)
Carnifex BS has Hold Fire on E and the default R. (fixed)

The following will need more testing later.

Purgations were doing more suppression damage than intended. (attempt made, will need to test this myself for now)
Deflaktor
Level 2

Postby Deflaktor » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks for the hard work =) Im looking forward to 2.6.1.

I have no idea about the modding process of the game. I imagine it being like changing values and moving sections in a xml file. That's why this blew my mind:

Atlas wrote:Ravs cost 399 req, not 400 req. (fixed)

I have no idea how something like that could have happened. 399 seems like a value nobody would edit in anywhere on purpose.
hiveminion
Level 3

Postby hiveminion » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 12:31 pm

Will we see patch notes, and will we have a chance to give feedback on those patch notes, prior to release?
Deflaktor
Level 2

Postby Deflaktor » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 1:04 pm

It seems Mindwar being unretreatable has been overlooked?
Also what about subjugation being retreatable?
And the reduction of Webway Gate build time?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 1:58 pm

Deflaktor wrote:Thanks for the hard work =) Im looking forward to 2.6.1.

I have no idea about the modding process of the game. I imagine it being like changing values and moving sections in a xml file. That's why this blew my mind:

Atlas wrote:Ravs cost 399 req, not 400 req. (fixed)

I have no idea how something like that could have happened. 399 seems like a value nobody would edit in anywhere on purpose.

Because squad costs are computed by an entity basis on the squad. I had only put in 133.33 as the req value, and 133.33x 3 = 399.99, which is justttt not enough to be 400. Just changed it to 1.334 and that did it.
hiveminion wrote:Will we see patch notes, and will we have a chance to give feedback on those patch notes, prior to release?

I pretty much went through the notes line by line in the vid, but there won't be a publication of it until published because there shouldn't be multiple versions of notes out confusing people. As for feedback, we pretty much take that whenever. If you have something to say, just say it! Either here, Steam, whatever.
Deflaktor wrote:It seems Mindwar being unretreatable has been overlooked?
Also what about subjugation being retreatable?
And the reduction of Webway Gate build time?

Mindwar is already retreatable, I haven't double checked subjugation but that should already be the case as well. What reduction in Webway Gate build time? Was that a suggestion somewhere, because I didn't see any such mention in the notes.
hiveminion
Level 3

Postby hiveminion » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 2:09 pm

Atlas wrote:
hiveminion wrote:Will we see patch notes, and will we have a chance to give feedback on those patch notes, prior to release?

I pretty much went through the notes line by line in the vid, but there won't be a publication of it until published because there shouldn't be multiple versions of notes out confusing people. As for feedback, we pretty much take that whenever. If you have something to say, just say it! Either here, Steam, whatever.

I'm pretty sure most people prefer to read notes rather than listen to a 2 hour video. Why not post the notes that pertain to the closed beta so we can give feedback for the final release?
Deflaktor
Level 2

Postby Deflaktor » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 2:42 pm

Atlas wrote:Because squad costs are computed by an entity basis on the squad. I had only put in 133.33 as the req value, and 1.33x 3 = 399.99, which is justttt not enough to be 400. Just changed it to 1.334 and that did it.

That makes sense, thanks for clarification :)

Atlas wrote:What reduction in Webway Gate build time? Was that a suggestion somewhere, because I didn't see any such mention in the notes.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2915
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 4:47 pm

Ain't nobody got time for a 2 hour vid! I don't anyways :(
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 10:16 pm

I think that should come once we start the open beta.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 1:07 am

Torpid wrote:

I think that should come once we start the open beta.

Basically ^. I think I've said this before, but feedback is always welcome so if there's something you want to say just say it, either here on pming peeps on Steam. The purpose of the closed beta is ultimately to get what's there bugfixed.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 3:11 pm

somebody told me that unending purge does not do what it did in 2.5 (passive hp regen) and the tool tip is broken,i havent played that much since 2.6 hit the field so i have no idea . right now the codex says it is still the same as well ,so i hope if it is changed in beta the tool tip and codex would give us an idea
cant wait for 2.6.1 :D
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 5:55 pm

That changed in 2.6 actually, and it gives energy regen now instead.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 8:29 am

Ok, Master Myrdal has helped me solve some more issues! I apologize for the ugly dump of stuff here, but I don't want to have to format all of this stuff just for a basic update.

These have been totally fixed:

Most Hold Fire hotkeys moved as was discussed in the thread.
Vanguard Veteran Merciless Strike changed from R to W.
Paladin Holy Grounds is now visible without the Liber Demonica upgrade.
Swapped the positions of Damage Synapse and Toxic Miasma on the RA wargear panel.
Swapped the positions of Toxin Miasma and Scything Talons on the LA wargear panel.
Spore Mines detonate radius properly set. (should fix issues with garrisons)
Dire Avenger Warlock now only grants 15% ranged damage reduction during retreat (this change was actually one that was cemented like 3 patches ago and then just forgotten about putting in)
Warrior Vanguard and Mycetic Spores globals are now able to reinforce after landing.
Chaos Space Marine Sargeant now gives equivalent red upon death as normal members.
Chaos Sorceror is now able to retreat out of Subjugation.
Guardsman Commissar can now repair, matching the Sergeant and the regular models.
Stormtroopers no longer have a dummy Sergeant.
Purgation Incinerator suppression rate lowered.
Grey Knight Terminators can no longer purchase Incinerators after purchasing Psilencers.
Catachan Regiment Sent and Chim sfx have been restored.
DKoK LC voice is now fixed.
Chaos Lord Drain Life range is now properly set to 12.
DA, when equipping the Warlock and then the AoA, now have a grenade icon.
SM Dread no longer starts with greyed out Assault Cannon Barrage.
Ravs now cost 400/45, not 399/45.
Chaos Predator Default, Mark of Khorne and Mark of Tzeentch turret rotation rate changed from 32/32/80 to 75.
Webway Gate build time decreased from 25 seconds to 15 seconds.
Mekboy Mega Rumblah health increase increased from 100 to 200.
Mekboy Mega Rumblah energy cost reduced from 70 to 40.
Nob Leader hp increased from 1050 to 1150.
Nob Squad Member and Nob Leader health increase per level decreased from 1.15x to 1.1x.
(we reverted the old nob nerfs in favor of ^ those 2)

These are the last LAST PARTS TO DO!
Update tooltips
IST GL Barrage no longer properly functions. (<- due to an issue regarding how the ability calculates energy in the ui)
Techmarine Proximity Mines hotkey is incorrectly placed on the hotkey bar.(Needs to be on R, not E)
Full Auto/Shoot em Good stun rounds scatter. (still need confirmation if this is still technically a bug, as the ability just follows the firing pattern of the weapon)
Nemesis Vortex detonation time reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds. (an fx issue)

And ofc some final checks to make sure the LA stuff is working. Get on that shit testers!
Deflaktor
Level 2

Postby Deflaktor » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks a lot for your hard work! As always :)

I do have a question though. I do not completely understand this here:
Atlas wrote:Dire Avenger Warlock now only grants 15% ranged damage reduction during retreat (this change was actually one that was cemented like 3 patches ago and then just forgotten about putting in)

How I understand it, it is normally 20% ranged damage reduction but while on retreat its efficiency is reduced to 15%. Is that correct?

Also one thing what is missing in the notes is: Farseer is able to retreat again while using Mind War.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 5:17 pm

Deflaktor wrote:Thanks a lot for your hard work! As always :)

I do have a question though. I do not completely understand this here:
Atlas wrote:Dire Avenger Warlock now only grants 15% ranged damage reduction during retreat (this change was actually one that was cemented like 3 patches ago and then just forgotten about putting in)

How I understand it, it is normally 20% ranged damage reduction but while on retreat its efficiency is reduced to 15%. Is that correct?

Also one thing what is missing in the notes is: Farseer is able to retreat again while using Mind War.

Yes, the aura is slightly lowered in retreat and the FS retreating out of Mind War is already in there, so it's nothing new.

Return to “Community General Discussion”