Gk inquis ST

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
newtonia
Level 1

Gk inquis ST

Postby newtonia » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 5:32 pm

Care to explain the massive buff on their grenade launchers? only two models with grenade launchers but releases two projectiles each? all the while the increase in their piercing damange leaves the inqui ST with 4 models each having 16 dps with 4 grenade launchers, add in the acolyte, the damange is ridicoulous alongside with the cost effectiveness of the unit makes its hell to play against GK
boss
Level 3

Re: Gk inquis ST

Postby boss » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 6:00 pm

yes we already no the new ist are broken as fuck
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 7:12 pm

What boss said. The 2.6 IST are a result of two different proposal sets for ISTs getting smashed together into an OP Frankenstein. Noted and working on it!
_4ut_
Level 2

Postby _4ut_ » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 8:51 pm

Because kaskrini graned launchers have knockbuk, thats way.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 10:00 pm

At least GK players are showing restraint and not abusing the shit out of ISTs.

:(
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 10:07 pm

About as much restraint as triple DA into Falcon plays ;)
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 11:35 pm

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
Cost increased from 225/0 to 230/0.
Lasgun damage per hit increased from 16 to 18.
Experience yield decreased from 100 to 75.
Number of grenade launchers reduced from 4 to 2. (each grenade launcher now fires an extra projectile)

Sergeant-
Cost increased from 65/25 to 75/15.
Melee Skill increased from 50 to 70.
Now grants the squad 15 keen sight.
Now allows the squad to reinforce two models at a time.
Frag Grenade no longer has a minimum range.
Grants an aura giving the squad a 25% damage buff.
Sergeant Laspistol dps increased from 6.38 to 12.

With this changes, how could someone foreseeing that they are going to be a bit OP? It simply impossible!

Not sure if the irony is noticed.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 11:39 pm

See above.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sun 11 Dec, 2016 1:31 pm

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
Cost increased from 225/0 to 230/0.
Lasgun damage per hit increased from 16 to 18.
Experience yield decreased from 100 to 75.
Number of grenade launchers reduced from 4 to 2. (each grenade launcher now fires an extra projectile)

Sergeant-
Cost increased from 65/25 to 75/15.
Melee Skill increased from 50 to 70.
Now grants the squad 15 keen sight.
Now allows the squad to reinforce two models at a time.
Frag Grenade no longer has a minimum range.
Grants an aura giving the squad a 25% damage buff.
Sergeant Laspistol dps increased from 6.38 to 12.

With this changes, how could someone foreseeing that they are going to be a bit OP? It simply impossible!

Play against GK often enough and you notice it, i saw CSM getting so much damage From GL even if they are anti-inf and not hi.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Sun 11 Dec, 2016 2:16 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:
Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:Inquisitorial Storm Troopers Changes

Play against GK often enough and you notice it, i saw CSM getting so much damage From GL even if they are anti-inf and not hi.

It seems more irony was needed XD

Atlas wrote:See above.

Don't want to shot a massive salt cannon against the wound, but those changes shouldn't have seen the sunlight. It was clear as water that these changes will going to make IST OP as fuck. Hell, even ONLY the 2x1 reinforce in T1 with Sargent its a great buff.

But nope. Increased base damage, increased damage output with grenade launchers (because now the old grenade launcher wielders now have lassguns which increase the damage output but the grenade launcher damage output isn't decreased because now launch 2 grenades), a fuckton of buffs to Sargent....

Seriously, who the fuck though that this was a good idea? Because other changes seems reasonable, even in I agree or not with them. And how the hell these changes see the sunlight? Because even if the owner of such "great" idea had it, there are no other members on the team that see that and thought "WTF nope m8?" Nobody?

Again, sorry if I look a bit mean, but I need to say it.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sun 11 Dec, 2016 8:24 pm

Sry i thought i had enough of it :(
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 1:34 pm

1 IST with sarge tanked 3 fully upgraded shootas last night.

Best moment of my life... If I was the OM player...
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 2:40 pm

that is a bit op i guess , hmmmm
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 6:12 pm

newtonia wrote:Care to explain the massive buff on their grenade launchers? only two models with grenade launchers but releases two projectiles each? all the while the increase in their piercing damange leaves the inqui ST with 4 models each having 16 dps with 4 grenade launchers, add in the acolyte, the damange is ridicoulous alongside with the cost effectiveness of the unit makes its hell to play against GK

Power creep.

Damage numbers in elite mod only continue to skyrocket higher. GK is the worst example of this, since nothing they have is remotely in line with vanilla DPS numbers. Strike squad's do more damage than both other marine variants at ranged, despite also being tankier and beefier in melee with overpowered special attacks that STILL haven't been toned down after years. (360 degree AOE with a ton of knockback makes them absurdly good, especially against horms/sluggas.)

GK IST have been continuously stronger every time I came back to play more ELITE. Really, just OM in general continues to get stronger relative to the other factions. It's like some fan fiction bullshit faction thrown into a game with 6 relatively balanced (although significantly stronger than their vanilla counterparts) factions. GK's only weakness is their economy.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 6:36 pm

Then you obviously don't play very much

I have to echo nikhel, this should have been pretty obvious on a once over. Granted it is the first release by this group, so I'm sure they will update their work flow to catch this in the future :)

That said, when is the next patch? I feel a two or three week hotfix after a large patch should be planned to remedy things like this

Thanks for taking up the standard!
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 8:24 pm

Tex wrote:1 IST with sarge tanked 3 fully upgraded shootas last night.

Reps or I don't believe it. Even with supercharged IST atm, their health and damage resistance wasn't touched with sarge.

Dullahan wrote:Damage numbers in elite mod only continue to skyrocket higher. GK is the worst example of this, since nothing they have is remotely in line with vanilla DPS numbers. Strike squad's do more damage than both other marine variants at ranged, despite also being tankier and beefier in melee with overpowered special attacks that STILL haven't been toned down after years. (360 degree AOE with a ton of knockback makes them absurdly good, especially against horms/sluggas.)

GK IST have been continuously stronger every time I came back to play more ELITE. Really, just OM in general continues to get stronger relative to the other factions. It's like some fan fiction bullshit faction thrown into a game with 6 relatively balanced (although significantly stronger than their vanilla counterparts) factions. GK's only weakness is their economy.

The information here is outdated, but I'll pass over that and speak about the general notions. The reason OM has been getting stronger now is because, frankly, they were not a viable faction if you wanted to be remotely competitive. I'm no balance master but, if anything, I hope the changes that are now in OM serve to at least make them playable.

As for the hotfix, there's already a changelog being put together. There's no fixed timetable, and it's undecided if we just go straight to a 2.7-style patch or do a 2.6.1, but the ball is rolling there.
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 8:49 pm

Broodwich wrote:Then you obviously don't play very much

I have to echo nikhel, this should have been pretty obvious on a once over. Granted it is the first release by this group, so I'm sure they will update their work flow to catch this in the future :)

That said, when is the next patch? I feel a two or three week hotfix after a large patch should be planned to remedy things like this

I come back 1-2 times a year for a few dozen hours each time. Every time I leave it's because I get fed up with the poorly balanced additions and changes in Elite mod.

They cost 230 req, yet do as much damage as shoota boyz and move as fast as guardians who both cost 270.
With sergeant they also become kiting machines with 6 movement speed, which is faster even than Eldar for some retarded reason. They also reinforce 2 for 1 and have a grenade that is thrown way faster than any other grenade in the game with zero wind up.
The t2 acolyte stupidly increases the entire squad's damage output by 25%, gives health regen to anything nearby and he comes with around 42 DPS in melee himself because his damage aura buffs his own damage. (Making GK IST the best ranged squad in melee by far, on par with tac marines or CSM against guardians/guardsmen etc) Oh right, and they get the retarded suppression break/damage reduction ability that also increases durability.

All for a grand total of 230 + 75/15 + 90/25 = 395/40

Oh and their plasma guns come with a suppression ability for some retarded reason. If you have 2-3 squads you can chain suppress squads like Nobs/ogryns, which is normally something other units like plasma tacs/guardsmen need other supporting units for.

Go ahead and compare that to any similar unit in vanilla. (Guardsmen, shootas, guardians) Some of the traditionally most cost effective units in the games pale in comparison to GK IST when it comes to passive abilities, active abilities and overall cost to upgrade. It's like whoever designed this shit couldn't possibly NOT give three passive buffs and a new ability with every fucking upgrade to their waifu faction. For example, Strike squad has a psybolt ammunition upgrade that massively increases their ranged DPS to Warp spider territory at around 19 DPS per model. It's like when Tzeentch marines were first added in CR and they did crazy ranged DPS except worse because it's more DPS than inferno bolters + they are way better in melee combat than CSM are once they get icon of tzeentch. (It's also only 65/15 to upgrade, inferno bolters are double the price)

Every single GK unit is like this. Last time I was here it was Inquistorial Operatives that were broken as shit, combining things like catachan's no damage fall off shotguns with scouts high movement speed and cloaking like they didn't even understand why the original game was designed the way it was. The whole point of catachan's not having damage fall off was because they couldn't kite like scouts could against melee units, combining the two resulted in absolute retardation. Speaking of cost effective upgrades, they have a 75/15 upgrade (keep in mind, to buy them initially is only 250/30) that gives them cloaking and a huge support ability that basically lets GK just shoot suppression teams to death (or anything else really) AND they can cancel the fucking retreat a few seconds after initiating it for ZERO penalty. (Unlike guardsmen, who get this in t2 and kill a model to do it.) OH AND CANCELING THE RETREAT GIVES THEM SUPER HEALTH REGENERATION WHICH STACKS WITH THE REGEN AURA OF IST.

GK also pays the exact same upkeep as other factions despite their units costing less and performing better. Whatever unit was copy and pasted to make them shares the upkeep of the unit in GK. I.e strike squad has same upkeep as tacs, stormtroopers and operatives have same upkeep as shootas. If anything GK should be more expensive to justify how strong they are, but they aren't.

This is all before talking about how overpowered the brother-captain is or their t2/t3 units.

Atlas wrote:
Tex wrote:1 IST with sarge tanked 3 fully upgraded shootas last night.

Reps or I don't believe it. Even with supercharged IST atm, their health and damage resistance wasn't touched with sarge.

Dullahan wrote:Damage numbers in elite mod only continue to skyrocket higher. GK is the worst example of this, since nothing they have is remotely in line with vanilla DPS numbers. Strike squad's do more damage than both other marine variants at ranged, despite also being tankier and beefier in melee with overpowered special attacks that STILL haven't been toned down after years. (360 degree AOE with a ton of knockback makes them absurdly good, especially against horms/sluggas.)

The information here is outdated, but I'll pass over that and speak about the general notions. The reason OM has been getting stronger now is because, frankly, they were not a viable faction if you wanted to be remotely competitive. I'm no balance master but, if anything, I hope the changes that are now in OM serve to at least make them playable.

As for the hotfix, there's already a changelog being put together. There's no fixed timetable, and it's undecided if we just go straight to a 2.7-style patch or do a 2.6.1, but the ball is rolling there.

No, their bullshit special attack is still in the game. It seems their base melee skill was reduced to 60, but with upgrade at 70 they can just trigger specials for days against sluggas and horms. Even without specials they still beat sluggas 1v1.

I even got a short replay for you where I demonstrate this. First they beat a slugga 1v1 with no upgrade, then they beat a second one that uses waaagh with the upgrade despite only having half health when initiating the fight. One special attack knocks down the entire slugga squad and does massive damage to all members. This was never fixed despite me bitching about it 3-4 years ago. Their special attack has always been completely broken with massive AoE, high knockback (and domino knockback) and decent damage.

http://www.filedropper.com/2pashesoftyp ... 1513-42-54
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 16 Dec, 2016 6:31 am

Dullahan wrote:
Broodwich wrote:Then you obviously don't play very much

I come back 1-2 times a year for a few dozen hours each time.

Thanks for proving my point
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Fri 16 Dec, 2016 7:37 am

lot to unpack there, but i would first recommend reading the change log.

Dullahan wrote:They cost 230 req, yet do as much damage as shoota boyz and move as fast as guardians who both cost 270.
With sergeant they also become kiting machines with 6 movement speed, which is faster even than Eldar for some retarded reason. They also reinforce 2 for 1 and have a grenade that is thrown way faster than any other grenade in the game with zero wind up.
The t2 acolyte stupidly increases the entire squad's damage output by 25%, gives health regen to anything nearby and he comes with around 42 DPS in melee himself because his damage aura buffs his own damage. (Making GK IST the best ranged squad in melee by far, on par with tac marines or CSM against guardians/guardsmen etc) Oh right, and they get the retarded suppression break/damage reduction ability that also increases durability.

All for a grand total of 230 + 75/15 + 90/25 = 395/40

Oh and their plasma guns come with a suppression ability for some retarded reason. If you have 2-3 squads you can chain suppress squads like Nobs/ogryns, which is normally something other units like plasma tacs/guardsmen need other supporting units for.
Go ahead and compare that to any similar unit in vanilla. (Guardsmen, shootas, guardians) Some of the traditionally most cost effective units in the games pale in comparison to GK IST when it comes to passive abilities, active abilities and overall cost to upgrade. It's like whoever designed this shit couldn't possibly NOT give three passive buffs and a new ability with every fucking upgrade to their waifu faction

IST are currently broken and are set to get fixed with the next patch.
They no longer get a speed boost with the sergeant.
The acolyte no longer increases squad damage by 25%.
acolyte no longer gives AOE health regen to friendly units.
acolyte no longer has the melee weapon, he's identical to the sergeant.

Dullahan wrote: For example, Strike squad has a psybolt ammunition upgrade that massively increases their ranged DPS to Warp spider territory at around 19 DPS per model. It's like when Tzeentch marines were first added in CR and they did crazy ranged DPS except worse because it's more DPS than inferno bolters + they are way better in melee combat than CSM are once they get icon of tzeentch. (It's also only 65/15 to upgrade, inferno bolters are double the price)

strike squad ranged damage was massively nerfed this patch. They now deal 12.24 dps, which is increased to 14.69 with psybolt ammo. (default CSM deal 13.42 dps, and EW CSM deal 16.1 dps). Nowhere near 19 dps, and nowhere near TCSM level of damage.

Dullahan wrote:Every single GK unit is like this. Last time I was here it was Inquistorial Operatives that were broken as shit, combining things like catachan's no damage fall off shotguns with scouts high movement speed and cloaking like they didn't even understand why the original game was designed the way it was. The whole point of catachan's not having damage fall off was because they couldn't kite like scouts could against melee units, combining the two resulted in absolute retardation. Speaking of cost effective upgrades, they have a 75/15 upgrade (keep in mind, to buy them initially is only 250/30) that gives them cloaking and a huge support ability that basically lets GK just shoot suppression teams to death (or anything else really) AND they can cancel the fucking retreat a few seconds after initiating it for ZERO penalty. (Unlike guardsmen, who get this in t2 and kill a model to do it.) OH AND CANCELING THE RETREAT GIVES THEM SUPER HEALTH REGENERATION WHICH STACKS WITH THE REGEN AURA OF IST.

no more regen auro from IST first of all.
second of all ops have been very heavily nerfed since when they were introduced. they deal much less damage than they used to and have a worse firing pattern. The catachan comparison seems weird since they have 2 high damage abilities and power melee damage. a better comparison would be scouts.

Fully upgraded scouts are 410/55, speed 6.5, and have 670 health with 10 hp/s passive regen and a die last leader. they have a grenade and 14.67 dps shotguns (drops off to 10.27 at longer range) that have 50% fire on the move, as well as the shotgun blast and repair abilities.
Upgraded ops are 325/45, speed 6.5, and have 720 health. they have the fallback ability that gives them 12 hp/s regen for 10 seconds, they have a stun nade and 11.54 dps shotguns (at all ranged) with no fire on the move at all.

ops are cheaper but that's more or less fine since scouts tend to be more expensive than similar standalone units (see scout snipers vs rangers). having a unit early on that you can upgrade is almost always better than having to buy a new unit (KCSM vs purifiers).

Dullahan wrote:GK also pays the exact same upkeep as other factions despite their units costing less and performing better. Whatever unit was copy and pasted to make them shares the upkeep of the unit in GK. I.e strike squad has same upkeep as tacs, stormtroopers and operatives have same upkeep as shootas. If anything GK should be more expensive to justify how strong they are, but they aren't.

why should strikes be more upkeep than tacs? why should stormtroopers be more upkeep than shootas? if their units cost less but have the same upkeep as more expensive units, isnt that worse for GK....? that's like saying CSM should be more upkeep than tacs. wtf?

strikes do LESS damage at ranged than both other marine variants.
strike squad specials got changed this patch, they no longer deal 360 degree knockback, they are now like ASM specials. if you look closely at that replay, you can see that the sluggas all ran in front of the model who did the special, so they took the full force of the attack. its not a 360 degree special it just has high damage in the arc. in the first slugga engagement they got 3 or 4 specials on the SS without any specials from the marines. could easily have gone the same way in the second engagement.
strike squad melee damage and special attacks are also set to get nerfed further in the upcoming hotfix.

TL;DR read the fucking release notes :P
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Fri 16 Dec, 2016 5:00 pm

Don't let reality get in the way of your opinions.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Fri 16 Dec, 2016 10:23 pm

priceless quote cyris!
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Sat 17 Dec, 2016 6:13 pm

Crewfinity wrote:
TL;DR read the fucking release notes :P

Good to see these things have finally been addressed then. I would suggest updating the tooltips/codex though as that is where I got all my information from. Easier to keep it up to date as you go than to do a massive update after several large patches.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Sat 17 Dec, 2016 7:44 pm

So easy to write walls of text... hard to read release notes...
Hmmmm
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:58 pm

Broodwich wrote:So easy to write walls of text... hard to read release notes...
Hmmmm

I don't usually read the patch notes because last time I did it involved Tyranids getting squad leaders.
Tinibombini
Level 2

Postby Tinibombini » Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:36 pm

Dullahan wrote:
Broodwich wrote:So easy to write walls of text... hard to read release notes...
Hmmmm

I don't usually read the patch notes because last time I did it involved Tyranids getting squad leaders.

Well this just gets sillier and sillier.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Sun 18 Dec, 2016 12:10 am

that's like 15 patches ago plus Codex+tooltips aren't always up to date/accurate...
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Mon 19 Dec, 2016 11:20 pm

Can someone try 3 ist with Sergeant and GL upgrade, i found a big chunck of cheese my lads.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 20 Dec, 2016 8:54 pm

its actually OM i think not GK atm :)
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 22 Dec, 2016 2:06 am

you are welcome on the SS special attack being a 360 arc getting fixed. God i pointed it out 1 year ago to and it finally gets fixed. At least it did though.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
_4ut_
Level 2

Postby _4ut_ » Thu 22 Dec, 2016 11:50 am

But what I do not understand is why the sergeant and acolyte at GK OM ST received malee skill equivalent heroes 70!? They ninja or something? For example DA Exarch have 50!
Whats the reason of THIS?

Return to “Balance Discussion”