It's happening.

Indrid

Re: It's happening.

Postby Indrid » Thu 05 May, 2016 9:52 pm

I wonder if it's possible that the Necron Overlord DLC is a model/skeleton they made for DoW3. Might explain why the scale seems a bit off compared to other units.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 05 May, 2016 9:58 pm

Indrid wrote:I wonder if it's possible that the Necron Overlord DLC is a model/skeleton they made for DoW3. MIght explain while the scale seems a bit off compared to other units.

Perhaps, but I think the Necron lord is just generally "big". Plus we don't know what engine they're using yet (or do we)?

@Riku: Everything is happening at once in seventh ed I can never remember!
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Thu 05 May, 2016 10:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYvgk6JVsNM

Some more information. (Pcgamer mag that was available at the 5th)

So, it's safe to assume there's a 4th secret faction.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 05 May, 2016 10:35 pm

Lighting hammer? WTF Thunder hammer ...
Jetpack? ASM have jump packs, yes there is a difference ..
Laser cannons? This magazine omg...
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Fri 06 May, 2016 2:50 am

Dark Riku wrote:Lighting hammer? WTF Thunder hammer ...
Jetpack? ASM have jump packs, yes there is a difference ..
Laser cannons? This magazine omg...

It's actually the way they are spelled in the game too, you need to buy a DLC pack for each faction to get the correct names :twisted:
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Fri 06 May, 2016 11:54 am

Indrid wrote:I wonder if it's possible that the Necron Overlord DLC is a model/skeleton they made for DoW3. Might explain why the scale seems a bit off compared to other units.

I thought it was pretty bang-on. The art was consistent with the DoW II style, including dirt layer and other such technical aesthetics.

(I do wish more TLS heroes had such obviously-colourable weapons though. That was the best part of the Overlord's colour scheme for me)

If Necrons are in DoW III (and I really think it could be possible), they'd look a bit different again, imo.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Fri 06 May, 2016 11:59 am

I heard Indrid is a fan of this artist :)
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Fri 06 May, 2016 12:36 pm

If Necrons are in DoW III (and I really think it could be possible), they'd look a bit different again, imo.

The most important part, is that we're getting the NEW NECRONS, which would be amazing. (In my opinion) I absolutely love their new look, and their weaponry, units and pretty much just about anything.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Fri 06 May, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm already loving the new Fire Prisms. I can't wait to see what hidden gems the Space Marines have too; that's looking like proper Master-Crafted Terminator Armour (a la Marneus Calgar's armour of doom) Gabriel is wearing.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 06 May, 2016 1:11 pm

Gabriel wearing Cataphractii Terminator Armour.
Calgar wears the Armour of Antilochus. A somewhat special master crafted Terminator Armour, but still just terminator armour with a build in teleport homer. He also goes to battle wearing artificer armour. As he sees fits.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Fri 06 May, 2016 2:23 pm

Things I'm wondering about and can't wait to get answered -

Will sync kills make a return? (On a personal note, I hope for a much faster-sync kills but more visceral as displayed on the trailer) let's say, instead of a 3-4s + seconds of a sync-kill they're shortened down by half that, or so. And perhaps ranged-sync kills(When a model dies to ranged fire, some body part goes poof)

Or, a space marine falls down and an Ork just slits out his arm and is done. It's brutal, fast and efficient for gameplay. Or say, a Wraithknight engages an Imperial Knight and the sync kill is just merely as again, something along the lines of the trailer portrayal, it just cuts it off in half.

The extended lack of control for units is something I would not want to return, but I do still want people and myself to enjoy visceral brutal finishing moves, but they shouldn't compromise the gameplay for it. Say, if the 'gore' was amplified but the duration and the complexity of the sync-kills I'm all down for it, and think it's a large improvement. Because at the end of the day of DOW1 and DOW2, the sync-kills only spouted blood and there was no real 'gore' in it. Only ranged/nukes/abilities would models to blow up.

For people who are saddened by the lack of 'grim' in their game, this might be an way to appease them in some sense with the most violent Dawn of War yet. Judging from some screenshots, there seems to be some sort of this present - Unless the body parts are just for show. Another thing to note is if it's not just for show, then it's more detailed 'gore' then in DOW2 where it's just gibblets.

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/bRNzRs ... MfEw4H.jpg

Will Tactical Marines (etc) only use their bolter for melee combat, can they even engage in melee combat? Ranged/Melee stance has been present in all Dawn of War, and I'm wondering if they'll stick with their guns with it.

And last of all.

Will we see some of the newer Codex Entry units present in this game? Such as Centurions?
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 06 May, 2016 3:11 pm

Ranged sync kills like you describe Cael would be Awesome!

But I also really want more detailed gore. More blood would be nice.

Blood for the blood God!
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Dineil
Level 2

Postby Dineil » Fri 06 May, 2016 3:15 pm

Sync kills are what got me into dawn of war in the first place. That and the awesome voices and quotes. But i was never a pro player so i can totally understand the issue with them. Still it is a very debatable subject. The first time i saw the force commander vs Bloodthirster sync kill was the moment i became a warhammer 40k fan. It made the series so much better than other strategy games i had played. Ah the memories :)
Swift

Postby Swift » Fri 06 May, 2016 5:10 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Gabriel wearing Cataphractii Terminator Armour.
Calgar wears the Armour of Antilochus. A somewhat special master crafted Terminator Armour, but still just terminator armour with a build in teleport homer. He also goes to battle wearing artificer armour. As he sees fits.

Actually, umm, nitpicky much here, but it's Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour :]
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Fri 06 May, 2016 6:11 pm

Gorb wrote:I thought it was pretty bang-on. The art was consistent with the DoW II style, including dirt layer and other such technical aesthetics.

(I do wish more TLS heroes had such obviously-colourable weapons though. That was the best part of the Overlord's colour scheme for me)

I think the model looked great, just seemed a bit small compared to the Space Marines. I was told Necron Overlords were meant to be huge.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 06 May, 2016 9:57 pm

It looks like Cataphractii that he is wearing to me Swift :) Would also make sense since GW just released rules for that kind of armor.
A supplement book, non forge world rules.

They could still make it whatever. But that's my educated guess :)

Based on the shoulderpads.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Swift

Postby Swift » Fri 06 May, 2016 11:13 pm

Nah m8, just w8. Look again, you'll see.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sat 07 May, 2016 9:16 pm

After seeing the other screen and Steam talk I think you are probably right Swift.
Bad shoulder pads then though, NERDRAGE.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 07 May, 2016 10:49 pm

Judging by the artwork of Gabriel Angelos armor, a Cataphractii armor and a Tartarus Pattern one, atleast for me it still looks more akin to a Cataphractii Termintator armor. But it might as well be just a collection of different armor types just for Gabriel.

"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 07 May, 2016 11:50 pm

MaxPower wrote:Judging by the artwork of Gabriel Angelos armor, a Cataphractii armor and a Tartarus Pattern one, atleast for me it still looks more akin to a Cataphractii Termintator armor. But it might as well be just a collection of different armor types just for Gabriel.

You need to also look at the screenshot which shows Angelos' back where you can observe the arched top of his armour and the pipes that are typical of Tartaros armour. Also I think the greaves do match, it's just that Terminator armour generally becomes quite similar after a while.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 07 May, 2016 11:57 pm

That is true Swift, but the chest piece doesnt really fit at all, the Tartaros one looks like it was heavily inspired by the Contemptor Dreadnought but the one Gabriel is using doesnt have the same features me thinks.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
FaHu
Level 0

Postby FaHu » Tue 10 May, 2016 4:54 pm

Edtjuh wrote:Fuck yes! It's about time!

Edtjuh you live :O
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Thu 12 May, 2016 12:45 pm

It most certainly is Tartaros pattern by the simple fact that it has an Aquila on the chest. Cataphractii patterns were crusade era armor that did not feature the Imperial Aquila - that emblem did not even exist at the time. This is what it is:

All the way down to the huge shoulder pad rivets.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Thu 12 May, 2016 3:39 pm

appiah4 wrote:Cataphractii patterns were crusade era armor that did not feature the Imperial Aquila - that emblem did not even exist at the time. All the way down to the huge shoulder pad rivets.

"The Imperial Aquila, known in ancient times as the Palatine Aquila, is a two-headed eagle sigil which represents the entirety of the Imperium of Man and was chosen by the Emperor of Mankind at the start of the Great Crusade in circa 800.M30. The Aquila replaced the earlier symbol of a lightning bolt that had been used to represent the Imperial forces during the Unification Wars on Terra at the end of the Age of Strife in the late 30th Millennium."

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Aquila

Also good thing how you totally pointed out the fact that the actual chest armor looks different on the Tartaros armor, same goes for the leg armor..oh wait you didn't.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 12 May, 2016 6:11 pm

It looks like a terminator armor to me.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Thu 12 May, 2016 7:32 pm

Knowing the Bluddy Magpies they probably got ''gifts'' from other chapters or the mechanicus in regards to the Gabes armor.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 12 May, 2016 10:34 pm

appiah4 Just no :p
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Thu 12 May, 2016 10:44 pm

Is it possible they're committing tech heresy and designing new suits of Termi armour? Because Emprah forbid they take the best parts of each design and meld it together in a new aesthetic manner. Owait don't artificers basically do that?
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 12 May, 2016 10:58 pm

Some developer just mixed and matched the best bits of various armors to give Gabe a cool looking unique armor. The end.

Aetherion wrote:Because Emprah forbid they take the best parts of each design and meld it together in a new aesthetic manner. Owait don't artificers basically do that?

^
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Thu 12 May, 2016 11:03 pm

Toilailee wrote:Some developer just mixed and matched the best bits of various armors to give Gabe a cool looking unique armor. The end.

Aetherion wrote:Because Emprah forbid they take the best parts of each design and meld it together in a new aesthetic manner. Owait don't artificers basically do that?

^

I thought GWs are looking for their wh40k models looks right in video games

Return to “General Discussion”