Lore Issue-About Scouts

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Rostam
Level 4

Lore Issue-About Scouts

Postby Rostam » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:22 am

I wanna know your opinion about a lore issue that has been engaging my mind lately
Does the chapter inject scouts (aka initiate or neophyte) with Gene seed before they serve in the scout company or first they inject the aspirants with Gene seed then they send them to the scout company?

The reason I am asking this is that the Gene seed (Harvested from dead astartes pro-genoid gland Organs) are a precious thing and since initiate scout die quiet often (more than a space marine) it seems that it would be a waste to implant them with gene seed!

tell me wat u think ! they are implanted before or after? tell me other ideas that is relevant to this thread
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Re: Lore Issue-About Scouts

Postby DandyFrontline » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:02 pm

Pretty sure they do not
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 2:47 pm

Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 4:20 pm

Moved to random stuff.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 5:06 pm

Also why don't scouts do the same ranged and melee dps as tacs?? They're fucking space marines and have the exact same weapons. :x
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 5:50 pm

they have everything aside from the black carapace implant iirc, which is what lets sm wear power armor.

Toilailee wrote:Also why don't scouts do the same ranged and melee dps as tacs?? They're fucking space marines and have the exact same weapons. :x

they are still just nubs after all ;)
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 8:46 am

I know toilet is being facetious but I've often wondered the same thing about the bolters. They are the same guns, after all. I feel like the different damages could easily be implemented by different firing patterns, rather than the same ones with less damage. It confused me as a noob

But then again, what do i know
Fas est ab hoste doceri
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 2:13 pm

Hold on a sec, do Scouts do less damage in the lore too? With the same gun?
Thunderhost
Level 2

Postby Thunderhost » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 6:31 pm

"Also why don't scouts do the same ranged and melee dps as tacs?? They're fucking space marines and have the exact same weapons.."
Less skill obviously
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 6:38 pm

Broodwich wrote:I know toilet is being facetious but I've often wondered the same thing about the bolters. They are the same guns, after all. I feel like the different damages could easily be implemented by different firing patterns, rather than the same ones with less damage. It confused me as a noob

As far as DOW is concerned they aren't the same guns.

But as far as lore is concerned just because they shoot the same projectiles doesn't mean they will do the same damage - where a bullet hits, matters just as much as the sort of bullet and sort of gun firing it. And tactical marines have far advanced optics systems and as Thunder says... skill!
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 6:49 pm

Torpid wrote:
Broodwich wrote:I know toilet is being facetious but I've often wondered the same thing about the bolters. They are the same guns, after all. I feel like the different damages could easily be implemented by different firing patterns, rather than the same ones with less damage. It confused me as a noob

But as far as lore is concerned just because they shoot the same projectiles doesn't mean they will do the same damage - where a bullet hits, matters just as much as the sort of bullet and sort of gun firing it. And tactical marines have far advanced optics systems and as Thunder says... skill!

But scouts can use sniper rifles more effectively while tacticals can't at all.

Checkmate atheists
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Mon 16 Jan, 2017 3:51 pm

Torpid wrote:

Derrrr

So scouts always hit hands and feet and tacs are head shots? That's a pretty lame attempt to get around it. They have the same firing pattern, I'm suggesting changing that or their accuracy to modify their dps instead of their per hit damage
Fas est ab hoste doceri
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Mon 16 Jan, 2017 4:48 pm

and give suppression to razorback
cause you know, it has 2 heavy bolter ffs.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Mon 16 Jan, 2017 6:25 pm

The weapon damage is just a game variable to help the scouts do a certain amount of damage per firing cycle. Adding in accuracy would just make the process more RNG dependent. This isn't the first thread where someone brought up the inconsistent bolter damage across units, seems like a big deal is being made of the weapon damage stat like it is anything other than a variable for game balance.
Last edited by Oddnerd on Mon 16 Jan, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Mon 16 Jan, 2017 9:39 pm

Oh my God. It's like none of you can read English
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:03 am

GuruSkippy wrote:and give suppression to razorback
cause you know, it has 2 heavy bolter ffs.
OMG, I know right! +1
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Tue 17 Jan, 2017 9:52 am

And in the heavy bolter squad, the 2 members without HB have classical bolters too btw.
They are real Space Marines, not just scouts. And they deal LESS damage than scouts ???!!!

Buff them seriously.

And vote for me for lead balance designer. You won't regret it.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 17 Jan, 2017 2:31 pm

GuruSkippy wrote:And in the heavy bolter squad, the 2 members without HB have classical bolters too btw.
They are real Space Marines, not just scouts. And they deal LESS damage than scouts ???!!!

Buff them seriously.

And vote for me for lead balance designer. You won't regret it.

The guardian models of the shuriken platform do almost twice the total damage of those two dev models.

GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Tue 17 Jan, 2017 3:09 pm

ahaha, and orks loota with shoota have same damage than ork shootas (according to this website, dunno if it's up to date)

We now have the proof that SMs are up !
BUFF
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 17 Jan, 2017 9:17 pm

when ever i see too many scouts die in dow2 (like when someone has many scout squads) the first thing I mind is :
OMG THAT IS SUCH A BIG LOSS OF GENE SEED/STOCK FOR A CHAPTER
but if those scouts are not implanted with gene seed its much less annoying

Gene Seed is the most precious resource of any space marine chapter . harvesting a gene seed is very hard,the major way of doing it is that an apothecary harvest it (the progenoid gland organ) after an astartes die . so it can be used as a new gene stock to build more astartes

I HOPE THEY DONT IMPLANT SCOUTS WITH GENESEED IN DOW2

PS: how many astartes u can make with a single progenoid gland aka gene-seed harvested from an astartes,is just one or many . cuz harvesting gene seed is very rare . they either take many glands from a dead astartes or they produce it from the taken glands . otherwise Space marines would be extinct by the lack of gene seed which means no more new marines . please enlighten me if u know i need a straight answer if u know (cuz lexicanum is bit confusing and has explained it generally)
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy

Return to “Random Stuff”