President of the United States of America

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

President of the United States of America

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 6:27 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oddnerd
Level 4

Re: President of the United States of America

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 7:44 am

America is the best reality TV show in history.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 7:51 am

I love it. The future of the world is gonna be exciting to say the least.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
The Dragon Reborn
Level 1

Postby The Dragon Reborn » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 8:11 am

Lets make steam games cheap again
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 8:20 am

Well I can't say that I supported him, but I wish him the best of luck.

Looking all through the results, Trump might actually be poised to do some real dama... I mean progress in his first two years to say the least. Assuming the Republicans will hold up the Garland nomination till he sits in office, we're looking at a 5-4 Conservative Court, Majorities in both the Senate and House and a Republican President.

You really can't ask for a better setup than that. He can put a lot of his agenda through. The Republican Party and Trump actually agree on a lot of issues. Maybe by completely bypassing the checks and balances system, there could be some serious movement.

Well, either way the people got something "not from Washington". Let's see what happens I guess.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 8:55 am

if you guys dont hear from me for a while you know what happened Image
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 10:05 am

I feel like this guy sums all my views up

"Well if she says no the only other candidates my left bollock with a smiley face drawn on it"
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 10:06 am

Sincere condolences to anyone who is LGBTQ (Mike Pence wants to electrocute you) or a migrant, or coloured at all.

Everyone else should be fine, as they have always been.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 11:07 am

Don't be like that gorbles... You know that is flat out not true.

Just look, the main stream media lied to you for the entire time while you watched Trump defy all of these polls, all of these pundits, all of these nay sayers. Don't you think they might have spun his words and made him seem like a "racist, sexist, misogynist, etc?"
karnakkardak
Level 2

Postby karnakkardak » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 11:15 am

Now is the time, make ready for WW3.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 11:23 am

Tex wrote:Don't be like that gorbles... You know that is flat out not true.

Just look, the main stream media lied to you for the entire time while you watched Trump defy all of these polls, all of these pundits, all of these nay sayers. Don't you think they might have spun his words and made him seem like a "racist, sexist, misogynist, etc?"

Tex, in the age of the internet where nothing gets lost it's very easy to fact-check these things. They have never just claimed any of these things but always supplied prove in the form of audio or video. He said and did all these things. And now he is the president....

He reminds me of this guy:
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 12:04 pm

I'm offering my support to those who will have need of it.

I'm not here to debate conspiracy theories.
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 12:44 pm

Gorbles wrote:

I'm offering my support to those who will have need of it.

I'm not here to debate conspiracy theories.

I think the main reason Tex is agitated at your comment is the massive over generalisation that all minorities will suffer. We don't actually know that's the case yet, maybe it will be and he's incredibly racist/homophobic etc for the rest of his time in office.

Although, the "your media fill you with lies and prejudice" argument is getting old now. You know why they flock around Trump when he talks? Because he says stupid stuff with documented evidence to prove he said it. If Hillary is a closet racist then we don't know about it, but Trump is as vocal as it gets, so the idea that this is all media corruption in Europe is so blatantly one sided and false given the wealth of times Trump stands up and insults another demographic.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 12:53 pm

Minorities will suffer. I'm not here to offer a detailed breakdown of events that haven't come to pass yet. I'm simply offering my sympathies to the ones that will be affected.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 1:08 pm

Gorbles wrote:Everyone else should be fine, as they have always been.
Um... the perception that everyone else is fine is EXACTLY what caused the upset this election cycle...
(I will not say whether or not everyone else is actually fine since facts did not play a role in this election on either side, however, clearly quite a few people FELT that things were not fine which made them vote the way they did)
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 1:13 pm

Forestradio wrote:
Um... the perception that everyone else is fine is EXACTLY what caused the upset this election cycle...
(I will not say whether or not everyone else is actually fine since facts did not play a role in this election on either side, however, clearly quite a few people FELT that things were not fine which made them vote the way they did)

This is a very pertinent point.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 1:18 pm

Forestradio wrote:

Sure. But you said it yourself; facts did not play a part.

I'm simply talking about what lies ahead.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 2:33 pm

Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 2:36 pm

As a european I am just amazed at how Trump won with the talking points he had. I am sure not everybody who felt "something was wrong" bothered to check what he actually said when it came down to facts. Take for example his stance on free trade - how can he seriously believe that ending free trade pacts will benefit the US job sector or bring jobs home for that matter? Who will buy american prodcuts when there will now be a huge tax on it since he will also start taxing foreign products? This doesn't even make sense. Who actually believes that he can "take on" China, when they hold the largest amount of US state bonds with 1.27 TRILLION$? The commitment to NATO has to be rethought and other countries should pay more? Don't make me laugh. If he is serious, he could seriously lower the defense budget by closing all foreign military bases alone. We shall see if that happens.

P.S: Ace, let me help you here -

Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 2:50 pm

GET IN LINE BOYZ. TIME TO MAGA!!! GOD EMPEROR TRUMP IS FINNALY HERE!
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:05 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:As a european I am just amazed at how Trump won with the talking points he had. I am sure not everybody who felt "something was wrong" bothered to check what he actually said when it came down to facts. Take for example his stance on free trade - how can he seriously believe that ending free trade pacts will benefit the US job sector or bring jobs home for that matter? Who will buy american prodcuts when there will now be a huge tax on it since he will also start taxing foreign products?

Americans will.

It's protectionism to the core.

It's certainly a business man's approach more than an economists!
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:09 pm

Yeah Gorb Trump youngen will just come in and start to prosecute every gay/black/muslim at the start of his presidency. You seem really knowledgeable when you talk in regards to forums or game dev Gorb, but you actually sound like the typical clueless lamb when it comes to politics. Hillary was the worst and stupidest choice anyone can make, pandering to teh poor minorities while taking money from Saudis and Qatar that oppress women and lynch gays. Really doesnt seem a little bit hypocritical does it, or the fact that under Obongo life of black people got worse. Like Trump said, they only remember about minorities when the election arrives and forget when its over. What the American people did today took a lot of courage, they broke the status quo of government establishment where the two main parties were controlled by 2 families and major corporate interests and most of the top brass are war mongering neo-cons. If you can just stop listening to the biased media then maybe you can find actual information about who the Clintons are and what She did these 8 years.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:11 pm

If they would have been truly courageous they would have voted for neither but chosen one of the alternatives.
The currents presidents name is Obama btw.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:14 pm

Remember when FiveThirtyEight gave Hillary a 91% chance to win?

Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:23 pm

Tex wrote:

I have to say, when Trump says something about Illegal immigrants and people use that as proof that he hates all mexicans, or when he wants to make life more difficult for convicted felons and CNN says that is an attack on black people, it doesn't make me think Trump is the racist one... it makes them look quite racist themselves. It seems to assume each minority group is defined by their worst elements or stereotypes attributed to them.
Last edited by Oddnerd on Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:31 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:If they would have been truly courageous they would have voted for neither but chosen one of the alternatives.
The currents presidents name is Obama btw.

Who actually? Gary Whats A-leppo Johnsons? Who cant stop smoking blunt and acts like a complete moron.
Jill Stein who has the most self contradicting policies which cant be accomplished nor implemented?

These 2 had nothing going for them, the libertarians may become a worthy party if they kick out the embarrassing pothead.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:53 pm

Carnevour wrote:Yeah Gorb Trump youngen will just come in and start to prosecute every gay/black/muslim at the start of his presidency. You seem really knowledgeable when you talk in regards to forums or game dev Gorb, but you actually sound like the typical clueless lamb when it comes to politics. Hillary was the worst and stupidest choice anyone can make, pandering to teh poor minorities while taking money from Saudis and Qatar that oppress women and lynch gays. Really doesnt seem a little bit hypocritical does it, or the fact that under Obongo life of black people got worse. Like Trump said, they only remember about minorities when the election arrives and forget when its over. What the American people did today took a lot of courage, they broke the status quo of government establishment where the two main parties were controlled by 2 families and major corporate interests and most of the top brass are war mongering neo-cons. If you can just stop listening to the biased media then maybe you can find actual information about who the Clintons are and what She did these 8 years.

You mean, I say things you agree with on the former, and say things you disagree with on the latter :)

No point getting further into it that that. I do find it funny that the media I read is biased, though. What media isn't? Yours?
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 4:21 pm

We might need to take this down a notch, I feel by the end of the evening there will be a couple of burst blood vessels over the reality drama that is the US election.

Whatever side you fall on, whatever prejudices you have, just leave the vitriol out. You're not "right" or "wrong" for taking one particular view, they're all aspects of what is basically the same thing.

So, can we behave?
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 4:41 pm

I will preface by saying that I do not live in a swing state. So my vote did not matter. I did vote for Hillary, not in support of her, but to express my disgust with the genuine neo-Nazi sentiment emerging in American politics that seems to have picked Trump as its figurehead (I don't believe he is a Nazi, just that some of his supporters are). Though I could have voted for Harambe, for all it mattered. I don't really identify with one party all the way when it comes to economic/political/social issues, and believe both political parties have value to bring to the table when it comes to governance. I've always believed in voting for the person, not the party.

But Americans DO NOT TRUST THEIR GOVERNMENT. They haven't since Kennedy was shot, since Vietnam, since Watergate. And that sentiment has come up big now since the Iraq war and 2008 financial meltdown that a lot of people (arguably rightfully so) were just gaming the system and that the average American was being left behind/getting screwed over.

Feelings were more important than facts in this election. Sorry if that upsets you. People are upset and frustrated with the status quo, and they picked someone they thought would upend it. That's it.

Just look at some counties in the Rust Belt that threw all their support behind Obama in 2008, but now switched to Trump. Guess what? The Republican platform is now the populist/anti-establishment. And Obama and the Democratic party transitioned from being perceived as champions of the people to the very corrupt establishment they promised to change. Interesting how that flipped around.

Also Gorb, what you said is blatantly untrue, ofc this country has a long history of some pretty disgusting shit to minorities but implying that everyone else has always been fine is laughably false, events like the Civil war, Great Depression, etc etc made life absolute hell for ALL groups, when America suffers all its people suffer, and right now if America suffers, it looks like the world will suffer too.

I'm more inclined to take a wait and see approach. I do not think Trump will be as great as his biggest fans believe, nor do I believe he will be as bad as his worst detractors believe.'

But you know what the saddest thing is? Both candidates were fucking terrible. Every election, some candidate wins, but we the People lose. We always lose. https://youtu.be/N_dFfooyZpA?t=2m29s
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 4:55 pm

Forestradio wrote:But you know what the saddest thing is? Both candidates were fucking terrible.
And both sides enabled that. The DNC put their full support behind Hillary before she had even come close to winning the nomination, and they even secretly promoted Trump's campaign because they were so confident that he wouldn't win. And funnily enough, the states that Trump seems to have narrowly won (rust belt), Hillary polled poorly against Sanders in the primary. And the working class demographic was arguably the swing Trump needed to win.

And the GOP enabled Trump by not immediately disowning him like many did later - although really, their condemnation of Trump later might have actually helped him in the end because, like Forest said, people just wanted something different.

They all, many media outlets included, completely misread the situation. They assumed people would vote for someone 'sensible' when faced with Trump, but didn't seem to understand that all anyone wanted was someone they didn't perceive to represent the same forces they felt were holding them down in the first place.

Just look at some counties in the Rust Belt that threw all their support behind Obama in 2008, but now switched to Trump. Guess what? The Republican platform is now the populist/anti-establishment.
Not sure that's entirely true. It's more Trump than the Republican party. Many in the GOP had disowned him by the end. To a lot of people, neither party is anti-establishment.

Return to “Random Stuff”