B)

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Swift

B)

Postby Swift » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:36 pm

8-)

All hail me, lord of official forums!

No but seriously, only reason I'm putting this ego-centric self inflation piece here is because as a mod I can also have a (small) hand in providing feedback to Relic, so if you have anything to say CONSTRUCTIVE ONLY then put it here, I'll be amassing a file on all feedback from here and the rest of the forum.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Atlas

Re: B)

Postby Atlas » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:49 pm

Feedback on what exactly? The DoW3 trailer? The forums? DoW2 balance?
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 11:00 pm

Atlas wrote:Feedback on what exactly? The DoW3 trailer? The forums? DoW2 balance?

Gameplay, balance, visuals, fan's reception, anything at all.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Postby Ar-Aamon » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 11:21 pm

Tell them they should rebuild the game from scratch. 8-)
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 11:39 pm

Tell them that they should get rid of the gabriel angelos jump and replace it with something not as stupid, like maybe a teleport charge or something - cause it makes no sense lore wise.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 14 Jun, 2016 11:52 pm

The new forum is pretty hard to navigate and doesn't give you a good overview.
You should be able to see where post are made that you haven't read yet before going into the specific sub-forums.
Having page numbers at the top of the threads and not only at the bottom would help navigating too.
I assume we will be able to upload our own avatars soon?
A recent discussion button would help people too. I still have the link I used from the previous forum and that still works.
https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussions

Just make it more like the Elite Forum :) Very easy to use. Gives you a good overview.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 1:39 am

Long cast/windup times on hero skills are cancer. The abilities I saw Gabriel using in the video made me cringe in frustration from the time delay before the payloads. Big sells, windowns or hits look cool, and don't make gameplay feel sluggish. A few skills can have significant cast times for good narrative/balance reasons, but it should not be the default choice.

Or to put it another way, do not let animators make decisions that effect gameplay timings.

Pros:
Art style plays well into the scope of battle, units and skills stand out well, I like the oversized hero look.

Cons:
Base building detracts from everything I like about DoW2, MTX/grinding for upgrades in a PvP game is anathema to me (but I get it, gotta make the moneys), no destructive environments (though again, it makes sense to cut with the scope focus.)
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 8:02 am

I can confirm as I asked yesterday evening Riku that there will be no plans for custom avatars, which is a big shame.

As for the rest I'll assemble some arguments and post them there soon. I do agree the forum needs more work navigating it, would be nice to have a full thread index.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 12:26 pm

Sad face on the avatars. But holy crap. Some actual communication from Relic through you. I'm speechless.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 1:40 pm

You mean like when I asked for bugs that needed fixing, months back? :p It happens, whenever they have the time to.

Not everything asked for gets implemented, though, that's just the unfortunate nature of resources and budget.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 1:45 pm

You mean like when we provided bugs but got no response? Yes.
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 1:51 pm

You got a bugfix patch. Not everything got fixed, but everything listed was given to Relic for analysis. Like how I literally just said not everything gets implemented . . .

Ah well, I'm just happy to have more moderators on-board :D
Gorbles
Level 3

Postby Gorbles » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 2:25 pm

We got a bugfix patch. It might not have fixed all the bugs you wanted fixed, or even any of them. But we got a bugfix patch. Bugs were fixed, undeniably. In a patch. Bugfix patch.

I'll bow out here because this seems to be heading downhill and I don't want to rain on Swift's parade. Sorry about that.
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 5:00 pm

Hurr hurr. Do remember, Gorb will also be able to pass on feedback and better than I can due to his seniority with Relic, so shitting on him here might make you warm but he holds all of Relic's cards.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 6:30 pm

The first patch didn't even fix anything important and only addresses some of the things broken by the previous patch.
The last patch just fixed the Necron Lord.

By definition a bug patch, sure thing son. But what a joke, didn't fix any of the important bugs out there.
And yes we all know resources available and all that crap, but people were expecting way more when they announced their bugfix patch.

Just fyi, critique is fine, it's how one is supposed to grow.

Return to “Random Stuff”