FPS: Space Hulk Deathwing

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Dark Riku
Level 5

FPS: Space Hulk Deathwing

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 4:01 pm

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/28/sp ... ay-trailer

Already looking for bodies to protect my libby ass. Volunteers? :)
Cyris
Level 4

Re: FPS: Space Hulk Deathwing

Postby Cyris » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 4:25 pm

Woah! That looks sweet. I do love me some co-op FPS.

::reads the wiki::
Developer: Cyanide

Oh... Hmm....... Eeeehhhhhhhhh...... I'll totally still buy it though. Space Hulk the turn based game got boring after 2 missions, but a RTS in that setting does sound awesome, and that game-play video felt real good. Visceral attacks and strong emphasis on the special weapons each termi had. Count me in if it launches.
Odysseus
Level 2

Postby Odysseus » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 4:47 pm

It actually looks pretty decent. Seems promising for another thing to keep us busy until DOW III.

Edit: It seems Grandmaster Belial is actually participating. Also, the fact that it is written by a Dark Angels author is pretty neat too.

I hope it is more polished than the other bland spin-offs.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 5:42 pm

THIS is the game I have ever wanted. I will spend hours on it.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 7:14 pm

I'll be getting it for sure
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 3:22 am

Holy shit I had almost completely forgotten about this game. I hope it turns out good.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 4:11 am

When does it come out? Is there a release date besides "2016"? If it isn't in the next 7 weeks or so, I'll volunteer as meat shield.
Helios
Level 3

Postby Helios » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 1:30 pm

yay.... only the 20th or so video/board/card/tabletop game based on space hulks.... Hopefully they add more enemies than just Tyranids this time.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 6:26 pm

Gnaerold Ghostwolf wrote:It will be launched on console too, so it might be crap.

Now this scares me.

I don't like console main players to be honest. I mean; I have no problem against people who plays PES, Street Fighter or remote control tennis game ( I have absoluty no idea what that called is ) where you can play with your friends together in the same sofa. You play them for fun, you have your fun.

But console multi player games are killing me. Consoles don't have too many functions thanks to their practicality, otherwise we may see a F1 car wheel. Thier lack of functions are limiting the games itself. Generally all FPS games are taking aim and pressing shooting button. It doesn't want any kind of skill. BUT ; spending hours and hours on a game makes a difference, a real difference. I have respect to those players. Anyway; thanks to this basic build, concole games are made for no skill people and so basic to play, and yet so unfun to play at the same time. I don't like concole players. I don't like 12 yer old boys going crazy because a new Call of Duty realised.

Another problem about those concole games is fun. You don't have any. Don't lie to me people, neither multi player nor story mode has fun in these games. Every year, they refresh the same old game and you witness the same crap. And you cry about it every time, every year. This is a circle okay? And I don't like it. You get killed for a crappy reason and it is not your fault, you die because of a crappy map and it is not your fault, you get killed because of an OP weapons and it is not your fault, etc... And why da **** should I care ?! Why should I care about these games, they are not good okay? Good graphics are not a reason for me to buy a game.

Image Image Image

I have played these games so far. I liked Crysis 2 because it was super cool and interesting even a little bit insade. I played Black Ops, it had some interesting moments a few times but in totaly, I didn't like it. I played Bulletstorm and I can't describe who to say it but gonna try it anyway; the most fun game I have ever played so far. NOTE : All played on PC.

Then I relised that FPS on concoles are boring. It is easy to play, too easy to play, all are same, you don't have to care about any kind of plans, tactics or something. Your victory depends on luck, or a totaly pro who kills everyone and gives you a cheap victory. I don't like it, I don't want to play it.

Gonna give a shot for Deathwing because I waited soooooooo long for a game like that.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 5:06 am

Off track here but Crysis 2 was the most enjoyable one of the 3. It had a nice story, a sympathetic main hero and good gun play on the highest difficulty where you are forced to use your suit efficiently. In regards to bulletstorm just play painkiller instead and save yourself some time and money.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 8:44 am

i was a god in black ops
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 8:08 pm

well the best console game for me was gears of war that was my best fps by far in console
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sun 01 May, 2016 12:32 am

Gnaerold Ghostwolf wrote: So i think the days of pc are counted

On a more serious note: The pc gaming market never looked better, I'm not sure why you think that "the days of the pc are counted".
Just compare the pc library of today with the one from the early 2000s, now those were dark times indeed
and one could have thought that the pc as a gaming machine was in its final throes.

Aguxyz wrote: well the best console game for me was gears of war that was my best fps by far in console

You do know the difference between a fps and a tps? Just asking. :P
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Sun 01 May, 2016 1:43 am

MaxPower wrote:
Gnaerold Ghostwolf wrote: So i think the days of pc are counted

On a more serious note: The pc gaming market never looked better, I'm not sure why you think that "the days of the pc are counted".
Just compare the pc library of today with the one from the early 2000s, now those were dark times indeed
and one could have thought that the pc as a gaming machine was in its final throes.

Aguxyz wrote: well the best console game for me was gears of war that was my best fps by far in console

You do know the difference between a fps and a tps? Just asking. :P

L4D
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sun 01 May, 2016 6:36 pm

Gnaerold, not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, it's a joke pic because people like you have come and gone and declared that the pc was dying and yes that shit has been around since the dawn of the pc as a gaming platform.

Now pls, tell me why you think that the pc is "dying" again or still (I can't decide).
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sun 01 May, 2016 8:57 pm

You do know that most games never had dedicated servers, even back in the day? Games like Doom and Command and Conquer (iirc) used p2p and yes thats still the case with most modern games.

What you are describing has nothing to do with the pc dying, but with lazy devs/publishers delivering subpar ports.
Today you have access to more games on a PC compared to all the big consoles combined.

And since when was vermintide a failure (lets not even talk about the fact that its a PC exclusive [meaning no "dirty console gamers" that could ruin it]). Vermintide was developed by a small indie company and it has sold around 483,768 copies ± 16,844, which is a big success for a small company like Fatshark. Relic's Space Marine on the other hand sold 1,062,043 copies ± 24,934 on PC alone, how is that bad, pls explain that to me.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 01 May, 2016 9:22 pm

Would I get negative internet points by saying I play on console?
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Sun 01 May, 2016 10:40 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:Would I get negative internet points by saying I play on console?

BAN THIS SICK FILTH
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Mon 02 May, 2016 1:07 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:Would I get negative internet points by saying I play on console?

Ugh dirty peasant.
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Fri 06 May, 2016 6:32 am

Meh Crysis 1 was awesome (you can throw people into other people, throw chunks of trees at people), Crysis 2 was good fun but I missed the stuff it lost and the more linear nature of levels :(. But again I came to the first one late once I had a decent machine and the mod community had made so much additional content. I mean messing around with the editor despite being an utter noob was good fun.

I've got nothing against consoles, I loved my ps2 and my dad wants me to install it for him again, but pc's have mouse and keyboard and mods and sales etc etc. Plus I suck with controllers.
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Fri 06 May, 2016 10:35 pm

I guess you meant me with the "mister study more steam statistics", but I really don't know what you are trying to say right now...well it was always hard to understand you and I kinda guessed what you were trying to say...but your last comment makes no sense. Try proper English, with a functioning sentence structure. Thanks. Bye.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 07 May, 2016 12:03 am

I guess you are trying to insult me? It would prolly be easier to understand what you are trying to say if you would employ the basics of the English language (or any language for that matter).

What does "catching dame wave" mean? And yes my thinking and well hard facts let me to this? What "this" is in this context means I don't know, cause (I think I sound like a broken record) your English is horrible and it makes no sense.

"If i dont see a biger picture, ur ball .." So, you don't see the bigger picture why the PC ain't dying? Or you just don't see a bigger picture because, maybe your PC monitor is too small? I don't get what that has to do with anything related to sports at all though (inb4 you don't get it, the last sentence was sarcasm...I assume you tried to say that tI'm balls to the walls/bonkers/stupid).

Why should the world burn under my feet? Because I provided you with facts and now you can only resort to insults (badly written and incoherent insults I might add) but insults none the less?

And would you be so kind and explain that last sentence to me? Any way so you are own redarch and see for yourself? Did you try to write this: "Anyways, you are a retard, see for yourself (okay I really don't think I guessed that last part right, but gimme some slack atleast I've tried).

Tl;Dr

Learn English because I can't be asked to translate your mumbo-jumbo into anything that could be considered a normal language anymore, refrain from discussions if you can't deal with facts and resort to insults.
Odysseus
Level 2

Postby Odysseus » Sat 07 May, 2016 2:05 am

Jeebus, I don't have enough Burn Heals to provide for all, especially if Max keeps going at this pace. Shall we calm down a little?

It would probably be to the benefit of us all in this forum to remain at peace.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 07 May, 2016 10:03 pm

Gnaerold Ghostwolf wrote:[..]my problem uvcnat read english im broken cuz im its my buzz[..]

I think I am quite able to read English, it would be awesome now if you would also start writing in proper English and not whatever language it is you are using, for English it ain't.

And I actually can share or respect someone elses view or opinion, yet you never answered my question why you think that Vermintide and Space marines were "failures" regarding the PC version and the sales numbers.

Being able to judge the FPS of a game from a trailer, okay, just in case you are being sarcastic again, but did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe the video has been recorded with 60 fps? You do know that if you record a game with 60 fps (the video) that has an uncapped framerate (the game) that the video will just show you these 60 fps (for obvious reasons), hence you can't tell if the game will be locked to 60 fps, just saying.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 07 May, 2016 11:53 pm

Gnaerold Ghostwolf wrote:so if it is misspelled not my prb.......

What the fuck? You’re saying you’re just too lazy to write actual English so it’s someone else’s problem to decipher your gibberish? Clean up your posts or I will delete them, your call. And I’m typing this on mobile too so you can forget about that particular bullshit.

Some constructive advice:
— Take some extra time instead of hitting random keys with your eyes closed and look, you can type understandable language even on mobile systems! Eloquently!
— If that’s too difficult, then wait until you get the fuck home and type it on your computer instead.

Jesus.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sun 08 May, 2016 12:53 pm

Gnaerold Ghostwolf wrote:and im typing from mobile so if it is misspelled not my prb.......

And yes, if you cannot write English spontaneously at all, please be courteous and use translators, proofreaders, or such to produce understandable text. If you can’t be bothered with that, you can’t expect anyone else to bother reading it either.
The_Convertant
Level 1

Postby The_Convertant » Mon 09 May, 2016 1:46 am

Gnaerold Ghostwolf wrote:The Emperor protects, but it does no harm to double-check!

I find this ironic.
I am the Convertant, one of the five remaining active members in Taiwan BAHA DOW2 community
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Mon 09 May, 2016 10:04 pm

Gnaerold Ghostwolf wrote:
The_Convertant wrote:I find this ironic.

and what is the reason that this is ironic for you

I guess he finds it funny, because even if you think you might be correct its still better to check whatever it is you were certain about (in your case it would be your English).

Also, maybe instead of acting like a spoiled little brat if someone tries to help or tell you that you should improve your English skills you maybe wanna heed that advice. But who am I to judge, for my English skills aren't stellar either, but atleast people can guess what it is I'm trying to say (well atleast that's the the case I hope).

Btw. I dont think the word "racist" means what you think it means and nice avatar pic, very classy. :|
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 10 May, 2016 8:48 pm

If he isn't already, his account should get banned, probably best to delete his posts.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Tue 10 May, 2016 9:07 pm

MaxPower wrote:Also, maybe instead of acting like a spoiled little brat if someone tries to help or tell you that you should improve your English skills you maybe wanna heed that advice. But who am I to judge, for my English skills aren't stellar either, but atleast people can guess what it is I'm trying to say (well atleast that's the the case I hope).

Actually I didn’t even mention improvement of language skills, just the common courtesy of making an effort to make your post readable instead of "ekjfeif asdkjf vjoej not my prob", ie. blatant disrespect toward other users. I’m fine with people who have honest grammar issues yet make an effort (although English practice would rarely be ill-spent).

Return to “Random Stuff”