Some love for The Catachans !

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Wis
Level 1

Postby Wis » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:32 am

Hey everyone I have a suggestion about this so special unit that is the Catachans devils!

so the catachans have 3 abilities
grenade barrage (ol reliable)
shotgun blast
demolition charge

They also have the passive ability to remain hidden when idle in tier 2 and power melee.
They can also melee down a bloodcrusher due to their exceptional training and powerful muscles!
They have the hidden ability as well to remain on 5 models even at 2 hp. Thats what happen to your body when you live in the jungle and eat only toxic bay and wipe your ass with poisonous leaves.

I think the catachans devils need some buff however cause they are mother fucking hardened warriors, after all they are half naked dudes who can take on a tactical marine bare handed.

I suggest to add new abilities to them :

- Jungle fury => Catachans become immune to all type of damage during 70 seconds, cooldown 5 seconds.
- Jungle mega punch => Catachans strike the ground dealing 950 aoe explosive damage in radius 500.
- Jungle Exterminatus => Available in t2 when they get their sarge, drains 500 Vp from the opponent.
- Jungle call in => Call in a devastating rocket strike that cost 5 red.
- Jungle Close combat special training => Unleashes the true melee power of the catachans, they gain heavy melee switchable at will.
Deflaktor
Level 2

Re: Some love for The Catachans !

Postby Deflaktor » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 3:52 am

It is hard to take you serious with your suggestions. Although I agree with you that catachans are UP and are severly in need of a buff, I disagree with the suggested changes by you. I think my suggestions are much more reasonable:

- Jungle fury => Catachans become immune to all type of damage during 70 seconds, cooldown 5 seconds.

immune to all type of damage would not cut it. I suggest they heal instead for the damage that they should have taken. It adds the tactical depth of the opponent having to judge the situation and avert their fire in the right moment to avoid healing them.

- Jungle mega punch => Catachans strike the ground dealing 950 aoe explosive damage in radius 500.

Sounds okay-ish. But it should not affect own units and allies, since catachans need to be supported and you wont want to harm your own squads.

- Jungle Exterminatus => Available in t2 when they get their sarge, drains 500 Vp from the opponent.

You have not considered the case when you play a 1000 Vp game, so the value should be corrected to 1000 Vp. Also if the game mode is annihilation it should destroy a random enemy base instead.

- Jungle call in => Call in a devastating rocket strike that cost 5 red.

Only orks have abilities that cost red and that would break the feel of the game. Rather make it a 1 hp damage toggleable ability. It will also match the feel of the catachans and allow to cast a devastating rocket strike by pure rage of taking damage.

- Jungle Close combat special training => Unleashes the true melee power of the catachans, they gain heavy melee switchable at will.

I think a heavy melee switchable will increase the micro needed for catachans as they already are pretty micro intensive. I rather suggest their own damage type catachan_melee dealing 500% damage to every armor type.
Kvn
Level 3

Postby Kvn » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:26 am

I second these changes. Catachans and IG in general have been grossly underpowered for far too long. I think these suggestions are just the thing to bring them back into the spotlight, and create a more balanced and enjoyable game experience for everyone involved.

What would you guys think about an upgrade that replaced their shotguns with shoulder mounted Nova Cannons? I mean, the shottys are great in T1 and such, but once you get to the late game, their lack of range really hurts their performance I feel.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:38 am

I agree with all of these changes, catas weren't even worth it in retail.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 4:45 am

So Forest gets censored but this is allowed to exist...
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:06 am

Good points
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:24 am

Now I do find this funny but... This section (post was originally in balance section) is for even somewhat serious topics that have a purpose.

If you intend to make topics just for luls, post them in the random stuff section or something.

Moved the topic to a more appropriate location.
#noobcodex
Codex

Postby Codex » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 7:03 pm

Your face is just for luls.
Righteousness does not make right
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 7:30 pm

Does anyone have any aloe vera or a burn heal for me?
#noobcodex
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 12:57 am

Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 2:27 am

Adeptus Noobus wrote:So Forest gets censored but this is allowed to exist...

ahahahahahaha this is going into my sig
Wis
Level 1

Postby Wis » Mon 02 May, 2016 10:46 pm

Kvn wrote:What would you guys think about an upgrade that replaced their shotguns with shoulder mounted Nova Cannons? I mean, the shottys are great in T1 and such, but once you get to the late game, their lack of range really hurts their performance I feel.

Mm yes but we need to balance them, i think shoulder mounted nova canons would be a bit too much..
What about an upgrade in t2 giving them shoulder mounted terminator rocket pod instead?

Adeptus Noobus wrote:So Forest gets censored but this is allowed to exist...

Forest should have picked his name better and have chosen "jungle" instead of "forest". Every good player know that jungle is immune to ban.
Its a mistake from his part, an unforgivable mistake.

Kvn wrote:Catachans and IG in general have been grossly underpowered for far too long.

This is exactly my feeling in general about them. I mean the mod should respect the lore of w40k. Everybody who red the codex know that catachans shotgun are poisonous and their knifes can pierce power armor and dreadnought armor like paper. Big mistakes from the devs.

Deflaktor wrote:A lot of blabla

This is a lot of good stuff youve written there! You should postulate to be a member of the dev team i think they are a bit overwhelmed with this mod and they need feedback about experienced players with great ideas such as yourself. Respect.

I had another idea while looking at a cast recently. While chaos gets marks i have no idea why IG cant get some as well. So i propose a t1 upgrade for catachans the "Mark of Khorgul" Boosting their HP to 200 per model, health regen by 50hp per second, Boosting their melee damage by 500% and their speed by 10.
I think well finally have a well balanced unit after all those changes.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Thu 30 Jun, 2016 12:14 pm

If this changes take place, make a Tier 2 subcommander called Sly Marbo. If you bring him up for 1 req, he makes a mighty rawr (greater the shreks) when he spawns and after that every enemy unit (even vehicles and buildings) get suppressed automatically while hes on the field.Also his Rawr destroys the headsets and speakers of the players. His knife MyRealNameIsRamboActually one Hits everything and his speed is over 9000%. He is so stealthy, that no detectors can spot him and also the rocket run gets replaced by the RAWR of a SlyMarbo automatically blowing up the planet, letting SlyMarbo only survive and by that you win automatically but not your allies, because their armies are also dead ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ) Oh and if you witness the nuke of slymarbo other being the player controlling him you die and go straight to hell !!! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Return to “Random Stuff”