Where the Anime boys at?

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Kisuke.
Level 1

Where the Anime boys at?

Postby Kisuke. » Wed 20 May, 2015 7:46 pm

I've been a anime lover since the age of 6 maybe seven and I've seen some pretty CRAZY ones thus far.

Btw this is one of my favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SliXyNnhnC4
and this site is gold: http://kissanime.com/
Swift

Re: Where the Anime boys at?

Postby Swift » Wed 20 May, 2015 8:09 pm

I've seen some in the past and I'd be interested if I knew what to watch and could be motivated to I would. But thus far I've not found anything uber compelling.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Wed 20 May, 2015 8:34 pm

Most animes are quite crazy in one way or another. And black lagoon is lulzy for sure, but not among my favorites. :P

ps. at one point a LOT of ppl started using anime avatars here out of nowhere and then most of them changed them pretty much at the same time as well. :?
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 20 May, 2015 9:00 pm

I used to watch a lot but nowadays most of my consumption is actually watching stuff with my little sisters. It's fun to have watched a show that they suddenly really like.

Right now, one of my sisters is obsessed with Sword Art Online and it's very hard to not spoil how shit it is :P I just can't wait till the elves show up it's gonna be great.

P.S. I will now spam SAO shit all over the forum. Toodles!
Kisuke.
Level 1

Postby Kisuke. » Wed 20 May, 2015 10:19 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:I've seen some in the past and I'd be interested if I knew what to watch and could be motivated to I would. But thus far I've not found anything uber compelling.

Have you heard of Attack On Titan by any chance? It's been out for a while but it's been gaining steam ever since it was released or i would like you to try these shows out:

1.Berserk(http://kissanime.com/Anime/Berserk). It has a season that was back in the 90s' but was recently updated with 3 movie parts with part 4
coming out later or early next year.

2.Bakemonogatari(http://kissanime.com/Anime/Bakemonogatari). It has many parts(or seasons) but here's the order to watch them at:
1. Bakemonogatari
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Nekomonogatari: Kuro
4. Monogatari Series: Second Season
5. Hanamonogatari

3. Ghost In The Shell Arise(http://kissanime.com/Anime/Ghost-in-the ... t-Pain-Dub). This is a new and updated series/movie from the original Ghost In The Shell(which i would highly recommend watching) and it starts off as a three-part movie into a ongoing season as of right now.

4.Fate/Stay Night(http://kissanime.com/Anime/Fate-Zero-Dub).

I have many others but i just shared a few.Enjoy.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 21 May, 2015 2:24 am

Swift if you're looking for the highlights the last really good ones I watched were Steins;Gate and Log Horizon imo. I'm familiar with most of the ones Kisuke brought up and they work fine too.

But Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night both started as VNs so I guess if you really want the "full" experience with those you might as well read those novels. Of course, you could just be reading about catgirls instead at that point :P
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 21 May, 2015 12:55 pm

Hit me up on steam if you want anime talk or recommendations. :]
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 21 May, 2015 6:13 pm

I like the way Atlas changed his avatar in response to this thread.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Kisuke.
Level 1

Postby Kisuke. » Thu 21 May, 2015 7:39 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:I like the way Atlas changed his avatar in response to this thread.

8-) 8-) 8-)
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 21 May, 2015 11:38 pm

You just can't handle my kawaii Swift.

Anyway, she's just finished SAO season 1. The fun begins.....
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Fri 22 May, 2015 1:43 am

I need some good anime to watch recommend any that doesn't involve high school bs?
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 22 May, 2015 2:40 am

If you're ok with a super slow start, try out Shiki. People would call this spoilers but if you've ever watched a movie ever you would know that this is a vampire story from like the second episode.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 22 May, 2015 8:08 pm

I really hate anime action times exept Gundams.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Sat 23 May, 2015 12:08 pm

When I was younger, I used to see every anime I could. Seriously, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Nowadays I'm a lot more selective.

Recomendations? Classic ones as Cowboy Beebop, Trigun, Furi Kuri, Black Lagoon, Ergo Proxy, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro Chan, Spice and Wolf (<3 Horo Forever)... Some "new" ones as Panty and Stocking with Garterbell or Kill la Kill.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:19 am

kisuke the forgiver wrote:2.Bakemonogatari(http://kissanime.com/Anime/Bakemonogatari).
Why does she have school supplies falling out of her dress? I wonder where she's hiding all of it... :?

Aguxyz wrote:I need some good anime to watch recommend any that doesn't involve high school bs?
Yeah, I'm kinda with you on that. I also tend to get turned off by shows that have characters with really over the top/unbelievable personalities. LSON mentioned Furi Kuri (FLCL right?), and I had to stop watching after 15 minutes of that because of how weird all of the characters act/talk. I really liked Cowboy Bebop (+awesome soundtrack), Psycho Pass was good I thought, Samurai Champloo was good (also awesome soundtrack), Ghost in a Shell was interesting, Attack on Titan was good, Trigun was good after I got through the first few episodes of the main character acting 'quirky'. I almost actually gave up on it, but it got better (my opinion obviously); I thought it would be another silly, weird sort of show, but it wasn't. So I guess I like more 'serious' shows, preferably sci-fi.

I also watched Monster, which was surprisingly good. There were a few too many uses of the whole inner-monologue-stare-at-hand-shaking thing, but over all it was really good.

Any advice for more like those would be great.

I also tried watching Gurren Lagann, but when a walking battleship was piloted to run up a cliff and knock a cruiser out of the lower atmosphere...that was about the limit of what I could handle :lol:

edit: oh, and I thought Baccano was pretty interesting as well. The story telling technique in it was nicely done imo
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:46 am

Pretty much anime revolves around high school stuff now adays cause i guess ppl like that kinda stuff lol. I wouldn't mind watching it but its soooooooooooo over done now its getting ehhhhh. Hard to find a good Action anime right now :X
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Tue 26 May, 2015 4:25 pm

Naruto, DBZ, Claymore ...the end
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Tue 26 May, 2015 4:36 pm

Batpimp wrote:Naruto, DBZ, Claymore ...the end

Plzz don't infest this place with your long running mainstream shounen garbage. :<
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 26 May, 2015 6:39 pm

Besides Naruto went full shit quite some time ago, true story.

Though this new series does show some promise so far, I'll give you that. Maybe they might actually get back to what made Naruto cool in the first place instead of making Orange Ninja Jesus.
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Tue 26 May, 2015 8:41 pm

Anyone gotten to Clannad or Angel Beats?
So... I hear you refuse to repent.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 26 May, 2015 11:55 pm

Berserk
Hellsing
Gungrave
MD Geist
Trigun
Genocyber
Gunsmith Cats
Agent Aika
Rune Warriors
Samurai 7
Bakaretsu Tenshi
Jin-Roh
Vampire Hunter D + Bloodlust
Ninja Scroll
Urotsukidōji
Record of Lodoss War
Dominion Tank Police
Maya the bee
Saberrider and the Starsheriffs

Should keep you entertained for some time.

Favorite one would be MD Geist just because its so over the top brutal and stupid, next would be Berserk.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Wed 27 May, 2015 12:55 pm

My favourite were, in no particular order

Dragon Ball, Z, GT - As a kid it was one of the best ways to spend a morning before school
Sailor Moon - I enjoyed this for some reason a lot.
Card Captor Sakura - this was fucking awesome
Tekkaman Blade - unbelievably tragic and depressing, a great product of the 80's and some of the most epic fight scenes mixed with how sad D-Boy's life had become towards the end made this unforgettable
Fist of the North Star - it went on for AGES and the perspectives of the size of each character had no rhyme or reason but it was by far the manliest cartoon I've ever had the privilege to watch. A friend even drew a group of us as Fist of the North Star Characters before we entered Aus Bboy champs and Shadow Wars. Not that those events should mean anything to you guys. I'm on the bottom right. Image
Gundam Wing - my fucking god was this an awesome anime. It had great characters and really excellent action scenes
Zoids (Chaotic Century/New Century Zero) - this holds a very dear place in my life. I highly recommend it. The world these two animes are set in are really fun and interesting.
YUGIOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH - if I could marry Dan Green's voice I would
Pokemon (up to 250 pokemon) - I never watched the rest of the the series just the movies based off those.
Digimon! oh my god is this taking me back. Listing all these brings back some super fond memories
Samurai Champloo - great music, cute story
Beyblade - let it rip! Cheesy but surprisingly entertaining
Crush gear - sick opening song that I'll never forget.
I'm sure I'll remember more later.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Wed 27 May, 2015 1:17 pm

xXKageAsashinXx wrote:Anyone gotten to Clannad or Angel Beats?

Yes, I'm actually a fan of Maeda's works. :O
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Wed 27 May, 2015 6:15 pm

Toilailee wrote:
xXKageAsashinXx wrote:Anyone gotten to Clannad or Angel Beats?

Yes, I'm actually a fan of Maeda's works. :O

The feels man, the feels. That reminds me of a more obscure anime. Muv Luv Alternate Eclipse.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 28 May, 2015 1:26 am

|I was hoping PhatE was either the one on the top left or middle.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 28 May, 2015 1:28 am

Muv Luv Alternative is actually one of the few visual novels I consider to actually be "good" because it actually is good and not because it's so retarded it's funny. It had some stupid moments in there for sure, but overall pretty cool. Can't say the same for it's prequels >:O

And man, some of those nostalgia feels that are coming up from this thread. You bros are all dropping names of shows I haven't seen in such a long time.

Also, Dragonball Z Super hypuuuuuuuuu!
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Thu 28 May, 2015 3:22 am

Never gotten to the VN, but the manga was legit. I haven't searched for an anime for it though, the only one I found was for Eclipse which I loved. Lets see what other obscure anime I know... Spice and Wolf?
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Thu 28 May, 2015 2:10 pm

Cheekie Monkie
Level 3

Postby Cheekie Monkie » Fri 29 May, 2015 11:05 am

Toilailee wrote:
Batpimp wrote:Naruto, DBZ, Claymore ...the end

Plzz don't infest this place with your long running mainstream shounen garbage. :<

That's because you're not ready for my

ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE
Playing truth or dare with Diomedes: You dare? YOU DARE?!
Tinder with Diomedes: THINK YOU ARE MY MATCH?!

Return to “Random Stuff”