MSI GeForce 970 - Frame droping

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

MSI GeForce 970 - Frame droping

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Fri 08 May, 2015 8:54 pm

GeForce GTX 970
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor , 4.0 GHz
8.2 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

As I updated to 970 from MSI my frames are suddently droping constantly in games I ran with no issues with 570.
From 80 I drop into 10 frames in sudden succession and it will not stop and I have further discovered that it is large with the older games than the new ones. Evolve for instnatnce drop from 60 to 20 at times but stays with 30 if drop occurs.

CPU bottlenecking is impossible due processor is good enough for these games.
Have tried the 3D settings of Nvidia put the power usage for best performance (no effect).
New and old drivers tried and no help either.
Scanning PC 100% for viruses but I highly doubt it.

Tomorrow my neighbour may come check it out but if it does not bare fruit then I think last resort is to Reinstall the whole system utterly, resintalling Windows and restore it to the grass roots level after which I need to install all the games and stuff such as Steam and team speak all over again.

If you happen to have ideas what I could or should do please let me know, I plan making my Witcher 3 videos when the game is out as soon as possible and this hinders the plans I have for it and future gaming
Atlas

Re: MSI GeForce 970 - Frame droping

Postby Atlas » Sat 09 May, 2015 4:38 am

Very cool on those Witcher games!

I happen to have a GTX970 as well and have noticed that I'll get these occasional hiccups during games as well. I personally think this is more of an issue with internet connection than the card, but I note it down anyway in case I am wrong on this one.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Sun 10 May, 2015 9:55 pm

Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Tue 12 May, 2015 2:04 pm

The GTX 970 suffers from horrible drivers that have lead to a never ending amount of frustration. It's like the development team that did last years September drivers got axed for doing too good of a job.

These are pretty hard to narrow down as it's your machine and not theirs. Best thing you can do is experiment with the different releases and see what works best for you. Downgrading is never a bad thing if the newest versions aren't all that great.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:50 pm

Aye I note that only proper driver I use now is 347.09

Return to “Random Stuff”