Total War Warhammer trailer !!!

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Dalakh
Level 2

Total War Warhammer trailer !!!

Postby Dalakh » Wed 22 Apr, 2015 5:44 pm

Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Re: Total War Warhammer trailer !!!

Postby Ar-Aamon » Wed 22 Apr, 2015 5:58 pm

Please take a seat, the hype train is about to leave.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Wed 22 Apr, 2015 6:07 pm

Cool butt... it's.. just a gay fantasy warhammer :(
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 3:19 pm

Wh40k world formula doesnt suit to Total War games. As in modern world, wh40k battlefield have different rules than clash of 2 big armies and battle formations like it had in ancient world and Fantasy Wh.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 5:40 pm

Now, imagane these animations with a Sorcerer speaks, Astartes fighting vs Orks and Nids. Still possible I think.

But, THAT LORD OF CHANGE!!!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 7:54 pm

Sturnn wrote:Wh40k world formula doesnt suit to Total War games. As in modern world, wh40k battlefield have different rules than clash of 2 big armies and battle formations like it had in ancient world and Fantasy Wh.
Hush you nay sayer! WH:40K Total War. It will happen! I want it!
Cheekie Monkie
Level 3

Postby Cheekie Monkie » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 8:54 am

Change we can believe in!
Playing truth or dare with Diomedes: You dare? YOU DARE?!
Tinder with Diomedes: THINK YOU ARE MY MATCH?!
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 10:26 am

Dark Riku wrote:Hush you nay sayer! WH:40K Total War. It will happen! I want it!

^^

Just try to imagine even World War II Total War - not gonna work. We simply need DoW 3. If Sega is able to create Warhammer Total War maybe they will finaly make DoW 3 aswell :)
Swift

Postby Swift » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 10:55 am

I want Fantasy Total War, yeah, bring it on!
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
RagingJenni
Shoutcaster

Postby RagingJenni » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 7:38 pm

Oh my sweet summer child...

I remember once as a young blue-eyed lad how excited I got for Warhammer Fantasy: Mark of Chaos. Still my favourite CGI trailer.

I also remember how I pre-ordered Shogun 2 Total war so that me and my friends could play it over LAN together after some amazing hype work by CA.

This trailer wasn't even that good.
"Then he sang softly nigh the pearly rim, But the sad dweller by the sea-ways lone
Changed all he sang to inarticulate moan, Among her wildering whirls, forgetting him"
Dalakh
Level 2

Postby Dalakh » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 8:45 pm

Mark of Chaos was garbage, that being said, mark of chaos is not a fucking Total War. Also I never pre-order or early access :p .

PS : Don't give me this summer child BS I'm as sullied as it gets! :lol:
RagingJenni
Shoutcaster

Postby RagingJenni » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:02 pm

If you run down the list of Total War games since Medieval 2 it's just a list of disappointments. All of them with horrible releases, incredible amounts of bugs and AI issues, simplified gameplay that make them extremely repetitive etc. I hate to be the one to rag on one of my (former) favorite studios taking on one of my favorite IPs, but they haven't really delivered in years. Shogun 2 was OK after you got used to it and had great attention to detail, but Rome 2 was the last straw for me as a fan. I have a strong feeling that this will be shit, not THE shit.
"Then he sang softly nigh the pearly rim, But the sad dweller by the sea-ways lone
Changed all he sang to inarticulate moan, Among her wildering whirls, forgetting him"
Dalakh
Level 2

Postby Dalakh » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 11:25 pm

I know, Medieval 2 is my favorite TW game as well and I always have been a strong detractor of the warscape engine which I think is pretty garbage. Then there is the fact that most game developpers nowadays (including CA) release unfinished and untested games that they patch and DLC up more or less afterwards. It's a damn disgrace but there's not much to be done.

Rome 2 at release was a complete disaster, but actually right now it's pretty good, and even more if modded. In fact I think there is always hope for total war games as long as they keep giving out modding tools like they do right now.

On a side note let's be honest AI in TW has been terrible since Rome 1, didn't get much better or worse IMO.

Now debating over no information at all is pointless, so I'm carefully excited over it, you are not, whatever. :)
RagingJenni
Shoutcaster

Postby RagingJenni » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 4:01 am

Now debating over no information at all is pointless, so I'm carefully excited over it, you are not, whatever.

My point exactly. No information=no hype. :P
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 10:18 am

RagingJenni wrote:If you run down the list of Total War games since Medieval 2 it's just a list of disappointments.

Depends on what you prefer. I loved Napoleon Total War and in my opinnion it was one of the best from all series (maybe becasue I like this period of time...).
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm not really a fanboy, but I'm sold for this game.

For the first time like ever, a Warhammer game is gonna get the highest production values available for a strategy game.

Plus if Warhammer Total War is wildly successful it would set the precedent for more Warhammer/40K based games, *cough* DOW 3.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 1:59 pm

I liked Shogun 2 tbh. Empire & Napoleon are so different mechanic wise that they took a lot of time to get used to. Rome 1 is still my all time fav Total Whore game. Didn't really play Medieval 2 or Rome 2.
#noobcodex
Dalakh
Level 2

Postby Dalakh » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 2:34 pm

You should try Medieval 2 nurland it's just a straight upgrade from Rome 1.
Sturnn
Level 2

Postby Sturnn » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 3:09 pm

Nurland wrote:Empire & Napoleon are so different mechanic wise that they took a lot of time to get used to.

Really? Its still all about flancs, higher ground, cav charges and one bonus - artillery. Nothing more :) Maybe you mean mechanics on world map.
Dalakh
Level 2

Postby Dalakh » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 10:31 am

Thank you for the link !

Return to “Random Stuff”