Eisenhorn: Xenos

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Eisenhorn: Xenos

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 2:56 pm

Become an inquisitor for Ordo. Eisenhorn 3rd person action game.

INFO: Pixel Hero Games, the developers of Sprial: Episode One, have been at work on Eisenhorn: Xenos, the latest game based on a Warhammer license. This one is based on the novel of the same name, and will be a 3D action-adventure game where you play as an Inquisitor, fighting off enemies using your sword, guns, and psychic powers. Your hero is voiced by Mark Strong, stern-voiced British actor of note, and will deal out executions and psychic move-planning with bravado. Combat is entirely real-time, somewhat similar to God of War and the like, using virtual controls for combat. You have an indicator that pops up for when you can chain together combos from your three attacks, and can dodge-roll away from enemies.

We weren't able to get video of the game yet, but it's looking mightily impressive for a mobile game. This one's coming to Steam as well, and Pixel Hero is promising that the only real differences between each version of the game will be some visual effects, but rest-assured the mobile version is looking great already. The virtual controls feature a load of buttons on screen at once, but gamepad support is already implemented for those who will prefer to play that way. They're hoping to release this in the fall. It's interesting to see a full-quality, no-nonsense action game reach mobile like this, and the production values are definitely there, but obviously the questions of length, and how fun the combat and enemy fights are over the long-term will be seen over time.

Another great article regarding the upcoming cinematic 3D action-adventure game based on the novel of the same name. The original article was written by Mark Brown from Pocket Gamer UK. The protagonist, Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn, will be voiced by Mark Strong. The voice behind Captain Titus in WH40k: Space Marine, and also the man with the famous Archie Slap.

Eisenhorn: Xenos is not your typical Warhammer game. Most games based on the 40k license are strategy games, card battlers, and tactical turn-based head scratchers.

Xenos is very different. It's real-time, cinematic, focused on combat, and has ambitions to feel like a big budget console game.

You play as Inquisitor Eisenhorn - voiced by Mark Strong - and follow him through the story of the first book in the Eisenhorn trilogy, and into battle.

The fights feature a rhythm-driven combo system where you do more damage and use less stamina if you swing your sword, or fire your gun, with careful timing. And if you want to be more strategic you can 'pause for breath' to slow down time and queue up attacks like Fallout 3's VATS system.

The game sports the usual ocean of virtual inputs on the screen for all these attacks, but it also has MFi controller support if you like actual buttons.

Eventually you'll get party members who follow you around. There's a bodyguard who fights alongside you in battle, and a support character who helps out in the adventure bits between battles.

You'll get to choose who you put into those slots, but you'll also be given recommendations of who to use, based on who is with Eisenhorn in the book. The game is trying to be faithful to the source material, after all.

It's not all fighting, of course. You are given options of how to tackle the game and its enemies, and you may choose to avoid some fights by finding an alternate path through the stage, or taking a stealth approach.

If that's your bag, you've got a stun gun to incapacitate baddies, and you can even use mind powers to convince an enemy that you're invisible for a few seconds. Those psychic abilities don't work on cameras and turrets, though.

On the whole, the game is going for a cinematic, console-like quality and developer Pixel Hero Games (of Spiral fame) points to bombastic franchises like Uncharted and the Tomb Raider reboot as sources of inspiration.

And it looks the part. Xenos is using a modified version of Unreal Engine 3, with added effects like cloth physics, post processing effects, smooth model outlines, and lip syncing.

We'll see whether the game itself can live up to those lofty amibitions when it launches on iOS (and PC - and maybe one day Android) in September.

Original article here: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/E ... sp?c=64138
Last edited by Commissar Yarrick on Wed 04 Mar, 2015 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Re: Eisenhorn: Xenos

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 2:57 pm

Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 3:22 pm

oh shizzle my nizzle

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 3:39 pm

Mobile game ~~
Prepare for another shitty game :(
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 3:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbNGSFSxGY Captain Titus voice actor voicing the Inquisitor.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 3:57 pm

I know, another flamin' Warhammer game. Oh please, just give me DoW III and I'll be happy.

Anyway here's an article: http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/02/gdc-2 ... orn-xenos/
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 3:57 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Mobile game ~~

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317100/

This was mobile game too. Played and enjoyed it a lot.
Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Postby Ar-Aamon » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 5:30 pm

Why, why do you do this to me?! An Eisenhorn-RPG for PC\consoles would have been so much better but no all we get is another lousy mobile game ffs.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 9:08 pm

Well mobile games are not too many in Warhammer universe but what they will lose with a try? If it can work with iPhone 4, I would be happy.

I just want to have Space Hulk in my mobile phone. So I can kill some time with really cool stuff. Isn't that possible?
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 3:35 am

oh a mobile game? count me out. not to mention my phone cant even run it as its only an old Samsung Galaxy Ace.

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 3:36 am

UPDATED
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 3:39 am

I see what they are aiming at
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 5:58 pm

That tie makes him look more like "Detective of the grim darkness of far future."
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
enasni127
Level 2

Postby enasni127 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 2:04 pm

I don't like it because

- In the first picture Eisenhorn looks like a total whimp
- this weird comic style doesn't fit for the warhammer universe, it's just too bright and too lovely
- the atmosphere seems not to be half as good as in relic games. I especially hate this strange comic graphics and how juvenile and pseudo-cool the characters look.

EDIT: just to mention it, I know the books and love them - and THIS game fails on first sight.
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Fri 15 May, 2015 1:10 pm

Mobile port :(

Argh those were very good books, I even recommended them to someone as their first 40k book after describing the universe setting and they were attarcted to the pure nightmare of it.
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
DarnedDragoon
Level 2

Postby DarnedDragoon » Fri 15 May, 2015 2:11 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Mobile game ~~

+1

TotalBiscuit is probably cursing up a storm already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXsOorkgpg

Return to “Random Stuff”