GG NO RE-LIC

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

GG NO RE-LIC

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 4:36 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/app/56400/dis ... 947127201/

DoW II: Retrubution Patch Notes/Updates
Patch it like it's hot!

UPDATE: 9/4/2014 11:20am PST

3.19.10221: Dawn of War 2 Retribution

o Updated live version with Open Beta Version.

Features removed:
• LAN / Direct Connect.
• Referee Mode.
• Ability to “Pause” during multiplayer.

Other:
• Leaderboards have now been updated to use Relic Servers.
• Games for Windows Live specific achievements added to list of Steam Achievements.
• Relic Battle Servers integrated to manage multiplayer networking.
• Adjustments made to allow players owning only “Retribution: The Last Standalone” to connect via Last Stand multiplayer mode with owners of the full version of Retribution.

Aside from the gamebreaking bugs, what the fuck was the point of removing lan and referees?
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Re: GG NO RE-LIC

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 4:39 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/app/56400/dis ... 953650881/

Dawn of War II - Feature Changes
As a studio, we are very excited to illustrate our commitment to the Dawn of War Franchise. Now having re-launched Dawn of War 2, we are looking forward to new and old fans alike experiencing this exciting universe!

Re-launching older titles is always an interesting and difficult task, and as technology advances and focus shifts it is inevitable that changes need to be made. We wanted to take a moment to sit down and let our community know exactly how the Dawn of War 2 landscape will be changing.

Legacy Dawn of War players may notice that certain features are absent in the re-launched versions of our back catalog. These features include:

- Referee Functions
- LAN/Direct Connect support
- Multi-player Pause
- Games for Windows Live

Due to technical issues and new limitations placed upon these previously offered features, it was in the best interest of overall game health to pull them out. We’re confident that Dawn of War 2 will continue to offer a rich and awarding experience for players. In addition to feature changes, we have also migrated the franchise to Relic’s own Battle Servers. This has some implications for those previously experiencing Dawn of War via the “Games for Windows Live” version.

Windows Live Players will need to be aware of the following:

- Saved games and replays will not load in the Steam-only version
- Experience and player levels will not transfer from the “Games for Windows Live” version to the Steam-only version; these players will see their levels reset to zero
- The Lobby Chat previously facilitated by Windows Live is not a feature available via the Steam version. Dawn of War 2: Retribution is the one exception, since it was implemented entirely on Steam upon its initial release.

We recognize that for some players using the “Games for Windows Live” servers, it will be difficult to part with your experience levels and game-play history. While we wish this was something we would have been able to maintain, we hope that players will look forward to experiencing Dawn of War II from the beginning. With all of these changes, players may find themselves wondering why we are migrating from the “Games for Windows Live” experience to our own battle servers. There are several technical and player-facing reasons as to why we are making this change, and these reasons all add up to significant improvements being made.

The more significant benefits of the Relic Battle Servers are:

- A more stable multi-player experience for our community
- Lag from one player will not affect others
- No more connection problems between peers caused by firewalls/NAT’s being mis-configured
- Prevents certain types of cheats/hacks
- Helps to address those that continually attempt to disconnect before losing a match
- Greater control over de-bugging and technical issues if and when they arise

Thanks to everyone that has supported this amazing franchise so far, we’re looking forward to getting folks back into Dawn of War II!

BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 4:41 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:the point of removing lan and refeers?

Commissar Vocaloid
Shoutcaster

Postby Commissar Vocaloid » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 5:45 pm

Twitch: commissar_vocaloid
Tex wrote:Torpid + Riku sittin in a tree, A-R-G-U-I-N-G, first comes opinion, then comes a bias, then comes a never ending loop of philosophical retorts in response to childish finger wagging.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 6:02 pm

What are the game breaking bugs? I didn't notice any but I only played a few games.
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 6:23 pm

Ranked retail games working maybe 1 out of 20

Private lobbies disbanding after each game and giving the host a new error if he tries to rehost (he need to restart the game)

Chatbug where everyone sees what you write twice.

Stats apparently still don't work propely for retail games.

Another bug, the World builder seems to not work anymore.
Last edited by Ace of Swords on Fri 05 Sep, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 6:58 pm

Commissar Vocaloid wrote:Image
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 9:01 pm

As I said hundred of times...

RELIC NOOB
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Postby ChrisNihilus » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 10:17 pm

Meanwhile at Relic HQ...

"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 12:16 am

Observer mode seems to be broken too, the observer will lag behind in the game and right from the start will suffer lag/sluttering etc, it also seems it doesn't follow the game in real time.

+this
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 12:51 am

Relic... :(
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Superhooper01
Level 3

Postby Superhooper01 » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 8:52 am

Relic i dam u to hell. sigh hopefully they listen and realize there mistake but all the same very shitty news
There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 10:20 am

Ace of Swords wrote:Observer mode seems to be broken too, the observer will lag behind in the game and right from the start will suffer lag/sluttering etc, it also seems it doesn't follow the game in real time.

+this

What the hell?

Seriously, how is possible to do that so wrong?
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm surprised they went ahead released this as official build, clearly it's still beta stuff. Did they not receive enough feedback during open beta?
Perhaps a good call though, assuming they can sort this out more quickly, since people will take notice shits actually happening even if it went straight into the fan with this one.
Last edited by Myrdal on Mon 08 Sep, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 1:59 pm

Played my first 4 games on the servers last night. Was happy to see my levels were reset. Anyway, 2/4 of the games ended in a sync-error right in the middle of the game (10-15minutes in). They've basically broke the game. What idiots.
Last edited by Torpid on Sat 06 Sep, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 2:16 pm

Torpid wrote:Played my first 4 games on the servers last night. Was happy to see my levels were reset. Anyway, 2/4 of the games ended in a sync-kill error right in the middle of the game (10-15minutes in). They've basically broke the game. What idiots.

So that's something to add on the list, I've did a 1v1 in retail 1 2v2 and 3 3v3.

The game went fine, but as far as 2v2 and 3v3s go they work once out of 20 ques, there will always be someone dropping out on the counter and resetting the game, and even 1v1s take a long time to search, which is wierd considering that almost nobody has rating.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 2:45 pm

Lol I said sync-kill error... I meant sync-error.

Not impressed at all by this though. I never had lag issues anyway even when playing with people far far away from me...

Regarding the MM, I did some ranked 1v1 yesterday and it took ages to find games yet when it did I ended up playing vs noobs. Soooo, does that mean that steam elo has nothing to do with the MM system anymore? Because my steam elo still remains higher than average and before I don't think I would have been put up against these people. If it doesn't though then I seriously worry about the viability of these new servers as it still took quite a long time to find a game.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 3:14 pm

I don't know for sure, but I would say that steam elo means nothing anymore, as far as I saw, the leaderboards now look exactly like those on CoH2, with no visible rating, so Im not exactly sure how the ranking is now calculated.
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 3:33 pm

In my player statistics every game gets counted. I don't have played any ranked game yet only public and private games but it still shows all the wins and losses i had. Really weird. :shock:
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 3:51 pm

They broke the ranked matchmaking system in another way too - Map preferences are ignored now and ALL the maps from the original retribution are now part of the ranked map pool. Yes, I just got hive city from searching ranked 1v1.

:cry:
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 4:07 pm

I'll just quote relic

Also the "ranked" stats seem to be working with pubs/priv games and they are broken as hell.

Apparently I lost 3 ranked 1v1s as IG...... problem is I never played 3 ranked games, let alone with IG.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 9:16 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:I'll just quote relic

Also the "ranked" stats seem to be working with pubs/priv games and they are broken as hell.

Apparently I lost 3 ranked 1v1s as IG...... problem is I never played 3 ranked games, let alone with IG.

Might have been in the beta. I had one Sorceror win in the beta which transfered.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Kisuke.
Level 1

Postby Kisuke. » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 5:23 am

LOL GG RELIC :twisted:
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 7:01 am

I've not been able to play a single game since I downloaded the patch. In the loading screen everything disappears for me and I can't even see how players load, the only thing I see is the map. Does anyone else experience such a problem?
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 4:50 pm

If you are interested in retail still, I've found a couple of posts from a relic Dev that explains how the CoH2 ladder works, and so presumably the new DoW2 one too.

Page 3 and 4
http://www.coh2.org/news/6797/company-o ... ive/page/3

I'm not sure if it's better to reply here or in your thread, so I'll probably just do here so everyone can see.

The short version is that his elo rating (which you can't see, but is what determines the actual leaderboard position ) is higher ( not by much though. )

The easy to see version of this is his win % is higher than yours. He wins more of his matches than you do. Your elo will have gone up a fair amount when you beat him, but if you had lost, would have gone down a lesser amount. My guess without looking is that he just won games against a few more higher rated players than you.

You are obviously becoming better at the game, if you're playing people and constantly winning. If you won your next 6 games or so ( assuming they were all fairly highly ranked) , you would be around the same level as Guru

Note to future commentors, I'm not going to go into this deep of analysis for everyone.

1. This is a complicated problem, I'm not going to try to say we've got it right. We're looking at the numbers daily to see how long matchmaking is taking, and how balanced matches are.

2. The goal from our perspective is to try to get you into a balanced match in a reasonable amount of time. If the system were truly working, then after we've figured out your rating and assuming you're not still getting better, then you should start winning about 50% of your matches.

3. I don't know the exact number of how many games a person should have to play before reaching their appropriate rank. We give you a higher movement range for your first X games, and then at the higher ratings ( 2100+ ? ) we slow it down even more. There are only 6 people with a rating over 2100 in 1v1 at this point. There are only 500 people with a rating over 1400

4. When we first launched coh2 the rating scale factor was a bit higher for your 'placement' games than it is now. It unfortunately meant that some people who won a lot at the very beginning ended up with a higher rating than they probably should have. As those people play more ( and lose a bit more than we'd like them to ) They will end up where their rating should be. We didn't go back and update all the ratings to match as that's work we can devote to other things, and it will balance out in the end.

tl;dr The people you're playing and beating have to play a bit more to end up in their appropriate spot. There are a lot of people at about 1400 rating ( approx where you are ), so one win or loss is a pretty big leaderboard movement near the top still. You should see pretty rapid advancement through the leaderboards if you win a lot of your games.

There are only 3 players with less than 55 games in the top 57 ( combined leaderboard ) some of them are on streaks of 18 or 19 games. Admittedly some of them haven't played since late July, so if they came back they might have a bit of trouble, but I'm pretty sure they're close to where they should be on the leaderboard.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 5:05 pm

Why don't they just use the system Lulgrim is using for his leaderboard? Seems like such a good way to go to me.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 5:07 pm

I don't know, the system they used before was easily broken, but that was mostly because either them or steam didn't track down the hackers, aside from that, on both games, I find it's really dumb to hide the ELO or rating however you want to call it and so you can't cleary see the real skill of your opponent and how many points you actually gain or lose.

EDIT need some confirmation but If Im seeing right, the retail ladder is no more unified???

It appears that ranks are divided for each faction which doesn't make any fucking sense.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 5:13 pm

The steam elo worked really well, the problem was that the in-game rating was the steam elo corrupted by that silly rest bonus.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 5:15 pm

The system they used before wasn't working well at all. Rest bonus is such a dumb mechanic.
They should have just used the Ello as your points too. Decrease your points if inactive.
Flash
Level 3

Postby Flash » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 4:32 am

why is the continue function gone as well as post lobby chat :/.

on the plus side, no lag is nice. haven't had any drops or sync errors

Return to “Random Stuff”