GG NO RE-LIC

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Nurland

Re: GG NO RE-LIC

Postby Nurland » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 7:20 am

Have had drops and most of all joining issues.
#noobcodex
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 2:33 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:
EDIT need some confirmation but If Im seeing right, the retail ladder is no more unified???

It appears that ranks are divided for each faction which doesn't make any fucking sense.

This is true. It only shows you the numbers for each faction rather than as a whole.

For example, if you played SM and IG post-patch in 2 seperate games and looked at the statistics for each faction, IG would have more Infantry Produced than SM.

Only thing that is shared is Win/Loss.

Furthermore, since you have yet to play as Chaos or any other faction, these parties would still have all their numbers at 0, including the Win/Loss.

Only way to sync back the Win/Loss is to just play 1 match with them

Relic.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
Flash
Level 3

Postby Flash » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 2:37 pm

Is there a way to give relic feedback on this? Relic news forums seem to be dead, not seeing much on he steam side other than the stickys. Are they planning on doing additional patches for this update?
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 2:41 pm

PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 3:02 pm

Steam ELO was just as hackable as in-game ELO

Perhaps they're going to do better checks with their databases.

Whilst I can't really confirm this I would imagine that the tables, although they sit on steam's server are actually written locally first before sending them off to steam for a sync which then updates their database records. To break it down, its operation it would go something like this;

Dawn of War is being run as if they were playing the game
the user has access to the table that holds onto game stats, achievements, etc
After the player has finished editing the table by sending off a few INSERT INTO "table name", saves it
Dawn of War says "ok I see new data entries have been done, you must have played games"
Sends them off to steam, steam has no check to say the amount of multiplayer points gained is ridiculous and will just accept the new data as being valid
User reboots dawn of war, dawn of war then grabs the new data and syncs that with the game

This is a high level description of what is likely happening with the stat hacking. One of the guys who deals with the database and table aspects of the game more often than I would have to confirm it.

This most likely means that the table they are editing also contains the steam ELO portion as well. I could probably write any number into it if I wanted. I have a feeling that they didn't put a limit on what could be entered. I've seen some people with 7777 1 vs 1, 8888 2 vs 2 and 9999 3 vs 3 ELO's for steam.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 3:07 pm

Is this normal for some people? Game didnt get started btw
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 3:25 pm

Nope, never seen that so far, bugs for bug god.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 3:55 pm

Discreet wrote:Is this normal for some people? Game didnt get started btw

Actually that's relatively common.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Tue 09 Sep, 2014 5:42 pm

Well on the plus side I haven't had that weird hanging issue after the game loads for eveyone (you know, the one where you sit there for 30 or 40 seconds while everything is dark and the power/req/VP haven't spawned yet) and I haven't had the game forget to assign hotkeys to my commander and starter squad. I've barely had any lag and game just feels faster all around. On the negative side yeah, having to remake the game after every match and a player swapping to observer apparently takes their player slot with them.

What's the story behind these "upgrades" anyway? Are they putting in this effort because GFWL is getting (got?) axed and they figured they would integrate the new netcode into Retribution? Also a new/remade community site? Either something is coming down the pike like DLC or something, or somebody managed to weasel in some provisions for a 3+ year old game to get continued support when Relic got sold to Atari
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
Flash
Level 3

Postby Flash » Tue 09 Sep, 2014 11:48 pm

*crosses fingers* something down the line
Superhooper01
Level 3

Postby Superhooper01 » Wed 10 Sep, 2014 8:21 pm

bit sick of re-hosting every game the lag has gone apart from some now and again catch up but still not right
There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Thu 11 Sep, 2014 1:32 pm

It appears that the mod has kept LAN around...at least the option is still there. Retail's LAN is definitely gone

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Sun 14 Sep, 2014 1:13 pm

I've decided that I won't be playing until they get the networking side fixed for people that aren't a stones throw away from where they keep their lame as fuck servers.

Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Mon 15 Sep, 2014 9:25 pm

Yea, some major flaws in this bs system are becoming apparent. Out of curiosity how bad are the recoveries/speed-ups for you, do they come in big bursts or are they frequent and short etc? Also, do you play COH2 and if so is there a difference there?
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 15 Sep, 2014 9:49 pm

Happens rarely in dow2, but in a 1v1 if that happens once in an engagment it's game over, in coh2 it's abit worse but that mostly depends on their servers (considering that Im in EU and the battleservers are placed in the US), that said, in coh2 somedays it happens alot to everyone, sometimes it works fine, recently I had no problems with it.
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Tue 16 Sep, 2014 9:39 am

I couldn't give you a qualitative answer on the matter given that I haven't played Company of Heroes enough to see it. For Dawn of War II however, I get severe command lag of around 1 second at least which is massive. Activating abilities is no exception to this and I would say is worse than the command lag in terms of delay (up to 2 seconds).

They use Amazon's cloud services located in Virginia, at least that's the server that I keep connecting to (found via TCPview/or netstat and then going to a whatsmyip.com type of website to find out who owns the address and where it's being used. Perhaps I'm not too familiar with Amazon's cloud infrastructure but I'm quite sure that they have caching servers around the globe to help with the amount of traffic that the world is pumping into them. As well as making the domains names as close to the sources as possible i.e. amazon.com.au would have a server in Australia to provide a better service. Perhaps it's Amazon charging a dickload of money for that service to be implemented that Sega don't want to fork it out at the moment, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I asked about this in the new forum and I'm definitely not the only one who's experiencing the command lag. Relic and Twitch (google now) are really strange in how the decide to do their business with Australia. No local servers for either making streaming far more difficult since the closest one they have is Singapore and 350ms lag guaranteed every time I boot up dawn of war.

Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Wed 24 Sep, 2014 9:51 pm

Daily reminder

- A more stable multi-player experience for our community

And steam drops are still happening regulary.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:51 am

- A more stable multi-player experience for our community

BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Wed 15 Oct, 2014 12:27 am

Relic is love, Relic... is life <3
Barrogh
Level 3

Postby Barrogh » Wed 15 Oct, 2014 8:05 am

Looking back I'd say it was the best PR move possible.
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little circles, wave your hands and shout
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Thu 16 Oct, 2014 8:13 pm

In addition to random crashes, I seem to be getting sound bugs literally every week in a few games.

Sound bugs all day, everyday <3
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Thu 27 Nov, 2014 7:35 am

so err... they still haven't fixed any of this stuff.

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Thu 27 Nov, 2014 2:06 pm

That is truly outrageous -__-

Return to “Random Stuff”