Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade (MMO)

This forum will probably suffice for this category.
Black Relic
Level 4

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade (MMO)

Postby Black Relic » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:41 pm

Honestly i thought that you could only be an ork nob as a player and would have a few boy npc's following you around. And the npc's would either have a shoota or a slugga and a choppa depending on what you have equip (range or melee combat specialization. And as a player you could customize what weapon your boyz could use like a big shoota, rocket launchers, or just plain shootas for range combat (if you as a player if more focused toward range dominance) and on the flip coin you choose between choppas, burnas and maybe an increase in npc size. That way a player can feel more like an ork and the race as a whole feels orky. An orks player offensive power is based off of how many orks boyz are around the nob (player) with of course goes down as the boys themselves die off. I thought that is what they would do. I am disappointed.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
The_Convertant
Level 1

Postby The_Convertant » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 3:51 am

Black Relic wrote:Honestly i thought that you could only be an ork nob as a player and would have a few boy npc's following you around. And the npc's would either have a shoota or a slugga and a choppa depending on what you have equip (range or melee combat specialization. And as a player you could customize what weapon your boyz could use like a big shoota, rocket launchers, or just plain shootas for range combat (if you as a player if more focused toward range dominance) and on the flip coin you choose between choppas, burnas and maybe an increase in npc size. That way a player can feel more like an ork and the race as a whole feels orky. An orks player offensive power is based off of how many orks boyz are around the nob (player) with of course goes down as the boys themselves die off. I thought that is what they would do. I am disappointed.

no need to be disappointed. The orks aren't even out yet! There are still rooms for changes and improvements.
I am the Convertant, one of the five remaining active members in Taiwan BAHA DOW2 community
Lichtbringer
Level 3

Postby Lichtbringer » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 4:12 am

Personally I would like it to be balanced by shorter spawn times/not as long run times to the front from the spawn for the Orks.

But in the end, you still have to make it fun for the Orks (and I don't think group buffs are a good way either). I mean I would rather make it so you can spawn near a big blob of orks. That way the Orks are focused to a waaagh, and they spawn more forward.

And, I guess you will just have to imagine them all as kinda Nobz, or atleast big boys.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 6:11 am

I would like them to remove shield marines. Like srsly just exterminatus that shit out of the game for eternity and sack the person responsible for implementing them into the game.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 5:43 pm

Eldar in the game THE ELDAR ARE JOINING THE FIGHT IN WARHAMMER® 40,000®:ETERNAL CRUSADETM

The Eldar faction will be deployed this week in Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade on Steam Early Access. The fiercest and most authentic Warhammer 40,000 battles ever realized in a massive online 3rd person shooter will be released this summer for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC. To celebrate their arrival, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe and Behaviour Interactive reveal a brand new trailer and the packshots of this upcoming online game.

From this week, players will be able to play their favorite faction along with the Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines on the early access version. The Eldar are one of the most ancient races in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Quite similar to the humans, the Eldar seem to be stronger than the other races thanks to their great psychic powers. Though they once ruled the stars, the proud and ancient Eldar brought a terrible curse upon themselves that sundered their empire forever. Now they struggle against the dying of the light, deploying their few remaining warriors only in the face of the gravest threats. On Arkhona the Eldar fight to reclaim a world that was once theirs.

Based on a multimillion-selling and extensive universe, Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade will take gamers into a vicious battle between four factions of the 41st millennium in order to control a persistent world at war. Whether it is PvP (Player versus Player) or PvE (Player versus Environment) squads will have to work together and engage in massive battles and exterminate the other factions! To do so; fans can choose from twenty different sub-factions, earn hundreds of weapons, customization options and accessories drawn from 29 years of Warhammer 40,000 lore to create their perfect warriors!

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade will be released this Summer for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC in digital and box versions.
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Zaphod 40K
Level 0

Postby Zaphod 40K » Sat 12 Nov, 2016 5:41 am

To Crusade or not to crusade... that is the question. Is Eternal Crusade worth $50 AUD? What do the people who are currently playing the game think? I've read the reviews and they are very mixed. Lots of angry red thumbs down and a few blue thumbs up. I'd like to hear what people think of this new addition to the 40K community.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 3:57 am

Zaphod 40K wrote:To Crusade or not to crusade... that is the question. Is Eternal Crusade worth $50 AUD? What do the people who are currently playing the game think? I've read the reviews and they are very mixed. Lots of angry red thumbs down and a few blue thumbs up. I'd like to hear what people think of this new addition to the 40K community.

Well according to steamspy.com not many people left playing the game and reading the forums also doesn't bode well for the game at all, melee being to o strong, bolters being shit and stuff like that, maps being unbalanced, lots of stuff that was promised back in the day still not in it.

Just pointing out that the on Sunday the peak amount of concurrent players was 479 players, thats less then DoW Retribution with a peak ccu players of 802 on Sunday.

So my verdict would be to not buy the game, but mind you I never thought Eternal Crusade would turn out good, hence I never bought and played it.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 3:06 pm

There's some fun to be had if you have a group that's into WH4k, but that's a stretch at full price. Maybe in a year as it was released way too soon.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 4:53 pm

Tbf I don't see this game being alive in a year from now on. Because it already is dead, apparently still has more active players then Battleborn but that isnt saying much.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 6:38 pm

I even doubt the game will be around in 6 months, unless they perform some sort of miracle recovery. The continous promises of expansions and expanded content doesn't come for free, and I doubt a ~500 playerbase is enough to continously help fund their projects. I wouldn't even be surprised if they won't ship out Terminators as promised.

The game is a little hit and miss to be honest, sometimes there's quite fun to be had, but the immersive feeling of being in WH40 world seems a little lost when a lone ork boy can seemingly just topple a Space Marine without any issue. The initial premise of Orks being in numbers, whereas Space Marines are more quality over quantity was far more interesting and probably could make the game feel more immersive (Important to juggle around the fun gameplay element with it aswell.)
Zaphod 40K
Level 0

Postby Zaphod 40K » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 10:29 pm

Thanks everyone, looks like I'll give it a miss unless it becomes a f2p or something changes drastically.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Thu 08 Dec, 2016 8:27 pm

ATM im in the biggest ork Clan ,,da lead belchas " and i would say its worth like 20-30€, 50€ is way too much and cause of the community it feels as it never be balanced + cancer community. Otherwise playing with a group makes much fun cause you play coordinate and feels Kinda competetive. And yeah, We need to wait for so much, in that sense have fun downloading Every Week 700mb to 1gb for those who have Bad Internet :)
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 2:41 pm

Batpimp wrote:I WON!

nice
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy

Return to “Random Stuff”