Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Elite (and related) releases.
User avatar
Adila
Level 3
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri 26 Jul, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Germany

Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Adila » Mon 19 Oct, 2020 12:45 am

Preamble:
With receiving still quite a few bug reports and certain changes ending up too drastic, so we decided to make a quick Hotfix on this one.

Credits:
Special thanks to RedRevenge, Ine,Sphenomz and Floid for most bug reports, all the testers, and people who join into the discussions. Also thanks to shoulder and WiseWindu for all the bug fixes and website work!


Download Links:
Note: This is a full installer. You don't need any other version of Elite to install 2.9.5. You ONLY need to have Retribution!
Note 2: If you have army painter schemes you don't want to be wiped, find the playercfg.lua file in your Documents\My Games\dawn of war ii - retribution\Settings folder and make a copy of it so you can add it back in.
Google Drive Link
Mega Link
Auto Updater, 'Powered by Libertas Launcher™, brought to you by VitMercury®'
(If you have a non-default installation area of DoWII, remember to adjust it!)

Extra Map Pack(Google Drive)
In case you want to use the Extra Maps! (Instructions on how to install the Map Pack are included in the readme file.)

General:
Banner and scorescreen changed to 2.9.5.1
Ravener Alpha and Ravener Broods now have an additional sprint effect when charging.
Toxic Miasma upgrade default hotkey changed from C to N.
Falcon's wing upgrade default hotkey changed to V.
Falcon's wing ability default hotkey changed to V.
Tooltip fixes.

Bugfixes:
Commissar execution ability reliability improved.
Drop Pods reliability improved. They are now more likely to land and deal knockback.
Loyalty to the End visuals and damage bonuses now apply to squads.
Crusaders on death bonuses now apply separately to individual squads.
Eldritch Storm's first 3 bolts damage is now 125 damage as intended, instead of 150.
The Inquisitor now has a rotation rate of 800 instead of 400.
The Lord General's Medical Sergeant now has a rotation rate of 600 instead of 300.
Holy Pyre damage now properly deals 6 piercing damage per second.
Incorrect storm bolter values fixed for Ordo Malleus.
Electroshock Grub ability reliability fix attempted.
Ravener Alpha movement bug after tunneling fixed.
Worship is no longer cancellable unless retreating.
Shotgun blast reliability fix.
High-powered shot reliability fix.

ImageEldar

Farseer:
Spirit Stone now only deals a 50% heal on allied units. (Teammates in team games.)
Doombringer range attack damage over time reduced from 8 to 3 piercing damage.

Warp Spider Exarch:
Spider's Brood global cost increase from 325/0/175 to 350/0/175

Warlock:
Warp Throw wind up time increased from 2.5 seconds to 3.0 seconds.
Warlock Hero Leap cooldown increased from 16 to 20 seconds.
Warlock default special damage reduced from 30 to 27.

Guardian Squad:
Energy Shield cost increased from 45 to 60.

Guardian Weapon Team:
Shuriken Cannon Catapult close range damage modifier lowered from 2.75 to 2.5.

Wraithlord:
Cost increased from 425/100 to 425/110.

ImageImperial Guard

Lord General:
Basilisk Creeping Barrage cooldown increased from 90 to 120.
Medical Sergeant cost increased from 85/10 to 85/15.

ImageOrdo Malleus

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers:
Stormtrooper Frag Grenade damage type changed from grenade to grenade_shot_pvp.

Strike Squad:
Energy burst is now refundable and cancellable.
Tomes of Titan cost decreased from 75/25 to 75/20.

Interceptor Squad:
Teleportation windup time increased from 0.25 to 1.5.
Furious Intervention windup time increased from 0.25 to 1.5.
Interceptor Justicar cost increased from 80/20 to 80/25.

ImageOrks

Global:
Units will no longer auto target Waaagh! banners.

ImageSpace Marines

Librarian:
Quickening cooldown decreased from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
Force Staff cost decreased from 100/25 to 100/20.

ImageTyranids

Genestealer Brood:
Genestealer cost decreased from 400/45 to 350/45.
Genestealer Adrenal Rush damage buff decreased from 40% to 30%.
Range Resistance on Adrenal Rush increased from 30% to 50%.
Genestealers charge range increased from 0 to 12.

Hormagaunt Brood:
Hormagaunt speed increased from 5.5 to 6.5
Adrenal Glands speed reduced from 1 to 0.
Hormagaunt melee dps decreased from 20 to 18.

Termagant Brood:
Toxin sacks upgrade cost decreased from 75/15 to 65/15.

Tyrant Guard:
Passive health regen increased from 1 to 2.

Zoanthrope:
Cost decreased from 400/40 to 360/40
User avatar
TheTenso
Level 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue 02 Oct, 2018 10:12 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby TheTenso » Mon 19 Oct, 2020 11:18 am

Hormagaunts are back on the menu boys!
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 19 Oct, 2020 1:11 pm

and wtf terma req buff? and tyrant guard?
Thibix Magnus
Level 2
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri 20 Mar, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Thibix Magnus » Mon 19 Oct, 2020 1:30 pm

Thanks to the continued efforts and support. There are some new drastic changes for a hotfix though, it would be interesting to have the thoughts behind each patch. For example -50% on spirit stones heal for teammates is huge, is there such a consensus about them being too strong in team games? Why? There is limited discussion here nowadays so we don't know how debates and opinions are going or if there is some grand design vision behind, a short explanation would be nice to better understand the decisions.
User avatar
Adila
Level 3
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri 26 Jul, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Adila » Mon 19 Oct, 2020 2:08 pm

The spirit stone nerf was towards team games only because the heal is that strong on something like an sm ally, this change allows us to not touch the 1v1 scenario of this upgrade. Most things are getting discussed in the Discord now, you can ask me or any Dev member there why certain things happened at any time. We will get to you here eventually too, but it usually takes longer to get a response!
Link to our main Discord: https://discord.gg/ABAg64a
Nuadhu Coeurdefeu
Level 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat 22 Aug, 2020 12:04 pm
Location: Saim-Hann

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Nuadhu Coeurdefeu » Mon 19 Oct, 2020 5:20 pm

Is it possible to make raveners less strong ?

They are absolutly unplayable as Eldar in 1v1.

And Terma with their power damn it wtf.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 19 Oct, 2020 6:51 pm

Nuadhu Coeurdefeu wrote:Is it possible to make raveners less strong ?

They are absolutly unplayable as Eldar in 1v1.

And Terma with their power damn it wtf.


they cost a lot. u should bash tyra with shees or smthn
Thibix Magnus
Level 2
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri 20 Mar, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Thibix Magnus » Tue 20 Oct, 2020 7:33 am

Adila wrote:The spirit stone nerf was towards team games only because the heal is that strong on something like an sm ally, this change allows us to not touch the 1v1 scenario of this upgrade. Most things are getting discussed in the Discord now, you can ask me or any Dev member there why certain things happened at any time. We will get to you here eventually too, but it usually takes longer to get a response!
Link to our main Discord: https://discord.gg/ABAg64a


thanks, will check there!
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 22 Oct, 2020 6:42 pm

Tome of titan is insane. Energy burst in T1 is OP
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Thu 22 Oct, 2020 10:03 pm

Why isn't Libby getting the Sacred Standard buff from FC?
User avatar
Asmon
Level 4
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon 29 Apr, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Asmon » Fri 23 Oct, 2020 4:53 pm

Can't help but feel personally attacked by yet another warpthrow nerf.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 23 Oct, 2020 9:08 pm

Wasn't SM Termie upkeep supposed to be standardized with the other Termies? Right now I'm countering them by decapping their req points...
PianoMan
Level 3
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby PianoMan » Fri 23 Oct, 2020 9:21 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Wasn't SM Termie upkeep supposed to be standardized with the other Termies? Right now I'm countering them by decapping their req points...

next time you have to fight an avatar just decap the req points brothers
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 23 Oct, 2020 9:32 pm

PianoMan wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Wasn't SM Termie upkeep supposed to be standardized with the other Termies? Right now I'm countering them by decapping their req points...

next time you have to fight an avatar just decap the req points brothers


Avatar has less upkeep than Termies.
PianoMan
Level 3
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby PianoMan » Fri 23 Oct, 2020 9:39 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:
PianoMan wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Wasn't SM Termie upkeep supposed to be standardized with the other Termies? Right now I'm countering them by decapping their req points...

next time you have to fight an avatar just decap the req points brothers


Avatar has less upkeep than Termies.

on a race that bleeds way more
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 24 Oct, 2020 2:39 am

Everything has less upkeep than SM Termies. It's better to just get Preds.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sat 24 Oct, 2020 10:39 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Why isn't Libby getting the Sacred Standard buff from FC?


and he's not? lol hwy?
LOCALgHOST
Level 3
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon 15 Jan, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sat 24 Oct, 2020 10:39 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Everything has less upkeep than SM Termies. It's better to just get Preds.


maybe up the keep of other termies? :)
User avatar
Maromar
Level 1
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Maromar » Fri 18 Dec, 2020 4:00 pm

Pretty leery of the creeping barrage CD increase, if it's about the ability to consistently knock units back, other races have options that are far cheaper and more spamy, even if they do cost a unit purchase. Plasma devs, rangers, blastmasters, the latter two dealing quite a bit of damage and being harder to dodge to boot.

Maybe if you increased creeping barrage's damage to compensate?
User avatar
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun 17 Dec, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Fri 18 Dec, 2020 11:23 pm

Maromar wrote:Pretty leery of the creeping barrage CD increase, if it's about the ability to consistently knock units back, other races have options that are far cheaper and more spamy, even if they do cost a unit purchase. Plasma devs, rangers, blastmasters, the latter two dealing quite a bit of damage and being harder to dodge to boot.

Maybe if you increased creeping barrage's damage to compensate?
User avatar
Maromar
Level 1
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Maromar » Sat 19 Dec, 2020 4:10 pm

OceansAteAlaska wrote:
Maromar wrote:Pretty leery of the creeping barrage CD increase, if it's about the ability to consistently knock units back, other races have options that are far cheaper and more spamy, even if they do cost a unit purchase. Plasma devs, rangers, blastmasters, the latter two dealing quite a bit of damage and being harder to dodge to boot.

Maybe if you increased creeping barrage's damage to compensate?


Point still stands, oceans, the barrage happens once and costs 200 red iirc, the other knockbacks keep delivering while costing no red, meanwhile they have their own globals that remain viable. We're snipping the lord general's kit here.
PianoMan
Level 3
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby PianoMan » Sun 20 Dec, 2020 8:17 am

Maromar wrote:
OceansAteAlaska wrote:
Maromar wrote:Pretty leery of the creeping barrage CD increase, if it's about the ability to consistently knock units back, other races have options that are far cheaper and more spamy, even if they do cost a unit purchase. Plasma devs, rangers, blastmasters, the latter two dealing quite a bit of damage and being harder to dodge to boot.

Maybe if you increased creeping barrage's damage to compensate?


Point still stands, oceans, the barrage happens once and costs 200 red iirc, the other knockbacks keep delivering while costing no red, meanwhile they have their own globals that remain viable. We're snipping the lord general's kit here.

do not compare niche artillery units to insta win engagement anywhere on the map and steam-roll your opponent type of globals
User avatar
Maromar
Level 1
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Maromar » Mon 21 Dec, 2020 1:32 pm

PianoMan wrote:
Maromar wrote:
OceansAteAlaska wrote:

do not compare niche artillery units to insta win engagement anywhere on the map and steam-roll your opponent type of globals



I don't see it. Creeping barrage has enough of a tell and windup to be reliably dodged unless units are on a point or attacking a static position (in which case the just have to sidestep). Compare that to purification grenades', noxious clouds, and the foot of gork which all deal more damage and have more presence to be insta win buttons.
PianoMan
Level 3
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby PianoMan » Mon 21 Dec, 2020 4:59 pm

Maromar wrote:
PianoMan wrote:
Maromar wrote:do not compare niche artillery units to insta win engagement anywhere on the map and steam-roll your opponent type of globals



I don't see it. Creeping barrage has enough of a tell and windup to be reliably dodged unless units are on a point or attacking a static position (in which case the just have to sidestep). Compare that to purification grenades', noxious clouds, and the foot of gork which all deal more damage and have more presence to be insta win buttons.

if you use it without thinking where your opponent goes sure it's easy to dodge i guess but otherwise it's one of the easiest globals to hit with and most of the time forces you to retreat
comparing it to purification grenades and foot of gork is stupid because both of these abilities are overrated trash which will most likely cost you the game if your opponent has half a brain
75% winrate with ig, so i think i know how barrage works xd
User avatar
Maromar
Level 1
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Maromar » Mon 21 Dec, 2020 5:03 pm

PianoMan wrote:
Maromar wrote:
PianoMan wrote:

if you use it without thinking where your opponent goes sure it's easy to dodge i guess but otherwise it's one of the easiest globals to hit with and most of the time forces you to retreat
comparing it to purification grenades and foot of gork is stupid because both of these abilities are overrated trash which will most likely cost you the game if your opponent has half a brain
75% winrate with ig, so i think i know how barrage works xd


You're not even arguing in good faith at this point. "if you use it without thinking" goes for the other abilities as well, and they're not locked to a long cooldown.

You're going to have to come up with something better than your winrate or decrying other abilities as overrated trash to convince me. You're probably older than I am, please act like it.
PianoMan
Level 3
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby PianoMan » Mon 21 Dec, 2020 5:28 pm

Maromar wrote:
PianoMan wrote:
Maromar wrote:if you use it without thinking where your opponent goes sure it's easy to dodge i guess but otherwise it's one of the easiest globals to hit with and most of the time forces you to retreat
comparing it to purification grenades and foot of gork is stupid because both of these abilities are overrated trash which will most likely cost you the game if your opponent has half a brain
75% winrate with ig, so i think i know how barrage works xd


You're not even arguing in good faith at this point. "if you use it without thinking" goes for the other abilities as well, and they're not locked to a long cooldown.

You're going to have to come up with something better than your winrate or decrying other abilities as overrated trash to convince me. You're probably older than I am, please act like it.

ok sorry i just expect people to have some game knowledge if they complain about it
anyway dont think it should be me convincing you lul
User avatar
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4
Posts: 983
Joined: Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Mon 21 Dec, 2020 9:28 pm

Adila wrote:Shotgun blast reliability fix.


Thank the gods!
User avatar
Shroom
Level 2
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Shroom » Tue 22 Dec, 2020 8:18 am

creeping barrage is one of the best globals in the game and cannot be compared to vials or foot of gork
User avatar
Maromar
Level 1
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby Maromar » Tue 22 Dec, 2020 2:55 pm

Shroom wrote:creeping barrage is one of the best globals in the game and cannot be compared to vials or foot of gork



But it can be. As a ranged hero, the LG doesn't have ready made options to provide knockback, and possesses only minimal melee counter-engage. Combine this with the above mentioned abilities effectiveness against guardsmen, and you can see why creeping barrage is an essential part of the LG's kit. Raising the cooldown like this coupled with the recent retinue melee scaling reduction (a change that I think works tbh, he shouldn't be good in melee) leaves a gap where the LG can be abused mid-game.

I'm taking into account the foot and vials effectiveness against the guard and not other races for the purpose of this discussion because that's where it is relevant.

On a side note, if you're telling me that you're struggling against creeping barrage and not against the other abilities which have more kill potential, are harder to doge and have more field presence, maybe you just need to learn how to crabwalk.
PianoMan
Level 3
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.5.1 Hotfix Released !

Postby PianoMan » Tue 22 Dec, 2020 3:17 pm

Maromar wrote:
Shroom wrote:creeping barrage is one of the best globals in the game and cannot be compared to vials or foot of gork



But it can be. As a ranged hero, the LG doesn't have ready made options to provide knockback, and possesses only minimal melee counter-engage. Combine this with the above mentioned abilities effectiveness against guardsmen, and you can see why creeping barrage is an essential part of the LG's kit. Raising the cooldown like this coupled with the recent retinue melee scaling reduction (a change that I think works tbh, he shouldn't be good in melee) leaves a gap where the LG can be abused mid-game.

I'm taking into account the foot and vials effectiveness against the guard and not other races for the purpose of this discussion because that's where it is relevant.

On a side note, if you're telling me that you're struggling against creeping barrage and not against the other abilities which have more kill potential, are harder to doge and have more field presence, maybe you just need to learn how to crabwalk.

the current best chaos player struggles against creeping barrage but you don't, guess you're just better than shroomer

as a hero who has a global from 0 to 100 heal for just 10 power LG has the best synergy with catachans which are the most potent IG melee unit in t1 so please do not say he has minimal melee counter engage

the thing about FOG and vials is that they cost resources and not red, you know when a FOG will come because you see the weirdboy, you do not see how much red your opponent has and you always have a chimera against orks which makes dodging FOG trivial whereas you're pretty much never prepared for a heavy turret drop/barrage

Return to “Releases”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests