The maps of MaxP. - Get 4P Tharsis Forge while its hot!!!

Elite (and related) releases.
MaxPower
Contributor

Re: The maps of MaxP. - Some new WIP of my latest 2on2 Map

Postby MaxPower » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 2:06 pm

Little update, most of the stuff is done, need to add lighting and some effects and finish the top left playable area, create some loading maps et voila.

Anyways here are the latest pics of the map.

The left and right conetested vps + req points

nonplayable area

overview

Ttfn

Max
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 7:20 pm

That's proper Max Power standard right there. It's going to take a million years to load on my machine.

I love the creativity of the industrial objects, giving me ideas for the map I'm working on at the moment.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 25 Mar, 2015 9:53 pm

Looks pretty good bro!
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 04 Apr, 2015 1:45 pm

(4p)Tharsis Forge - Version 1.0
by Max Power

-> Download link for 4P - Tharsis Forge Version 1.0<-

Thought of the day

"We've run into scorpions the size of battle tanks, three men died from Eyerot last week. I've sweat enough to fill a lake, my boots got sucked into a sink-swamp and the trees are so thick in places, you can't squeeze between them. Emperor help me, I love this place! It's just like home!" – Captain Rock of the Catachan III 'Green Devils'

Layout

Inspired by Medean Cliff Mines.

Design

So many people asked me to actually do a 2on2 map, because apparently there are not enough good 2on2 maps out there. Hence I decided to give it a shot and, albeit me not being an avid 2on2 player, I think it might actually be a good
map, gameplay- as well as graphics wise.

The actual look of the map was heavily influenced by Lord Duncans "Jarilos Forge".

Changelog/History

• release of version 1.0 of Tharsis Forge - 4 Player Version

Some pictures of the actual map

Contested VP

Natural gen farms

Contestd gen farms

Natural req points

Contested req points

Kind Regards

MaxPower
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Ven
Level 3

Re: The maps of MaxP. - Get 4P Tharsis Forge while its hot!!

Postby Ven » Sat 04 Apr, 2015 3:42 pm

awesome will make sure to play test it at some point.

also lul the .exe is in german, no biggie though, didn't take classes in german in school for nothing xD

cuz im bored i made this for those who are not familiar with the process. i mean you cant be too sure, one of our resident modders Wise windu had problems with this process when playtesting indrids map about a week ago xD

please note you will need a software called WinRaR to open and view these files: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

if the installer for whatever reason does not work, simply extract the files manually:

1. Right Click "4p_tharsis_forge-version1.0.exe"
  2. Click "Open with WinRAR"
  3. Drag and drop the "elite" file in to the "Steam->Steamapps->Common->Dawn of war II - Retribution" directory, when asked to merge the "ELITE" and "elite" files, click yes, if you did not get this confirmation something went wrong.
  4. Done! now check in game if the map is there, if not you did something wrong.

feel free to ask questions if you still had problems.

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Sat 04 Apr, 2015 4:24 pm

ok so i've only played against AI so far but so far it looks pretty good and reletively balanced.

that being said, i've noticed a few problems. the most noticable being that this map really seems to push the DirectX9 API to its limits, at the start i was getting 45~ FPS and during the midgame it was around 30~ FPS, this is on a system that can play pretty much any modern AAA game on ultra settings, on a GPU designed for 4k gaming ( 4 times the resolution of 1920x1080, basically) i can tell a lot of people will take issue with that, i know i do. its one of the best looking maps in the game imo, but its performance is a bit blehhh. thats not to say its unplayable and that i wont play it, i just prefer my games to be running at 60FPS. #justmasterracethings

i dont supposed i'd be possible for the game to be updated to DX11 unofficially? (jk, i know that'd probably be a lot of work and might not even be allowed)

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 04 Apr, 2015 6:41 pm

It looks lovely and I'll enjoy playing it, but it's going to take a million years to load. :P
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 04 Apr, 2015 7:51 pm

@Ven: yeah I noticed the kinda low fps as well. I could remove some objects if other people are experiencing low fps as well.

Which means that I would need some feedback especially considering the fps.

Created an updated version - which should run with around 10 - 15 fps more.
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 3:35 pm

Will gladly test this map since it looks very interesting. Won't have time till the next weekend though.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Re: The maps of MaxP. - Get 4P Tharsis Forge while its hot!!!

Postby DandyFrontline » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 4:38 pm

Soooo, why cant i find any 4p maps in new 2.3.2 changelog? There is so many 6p maps, and 2 more are coming but where is 2vs2 maps?
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 5:54 pm

Dunno, might not be in the beta version but indrid told me that it will be in the final version of 2.3.2
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Wed 24 Jun, 2015 7:51 pm

Pretty good map but there is a huuuuuge bad thing about it - it's too unoptimized. I got lot's of FPS drop on this map. I have no such on 3vs3 maps so it's pretty ridiculous to see on 2v2 map. Is it possible to do something with that? Remove some unneeded object? For example there is too much grass.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 24 Jun, 2015 10:03 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:Pretty good map but there is a huuuuuge bad thing about it - it's too unoptimized. I got lot's of FPS drop on this map. I have no such on 3vs3 maps so it's pretty ridiculous to see on 2v2 map. Is it possible to do something with that? Remove some unneeded object? For example there is too much grass.

No, its a prolbem with most jungle maps, if you make them look like a real jungle you need lots and lots of jungle objects and its going to lagg due to the essence engine not being very optimized.

And no, I won't remove the gras, its part of the map and the gras should not effect once fps that much.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Wed 24 Jun, 2015 10:59 pm

MaxPower wrote:
DandyFrontline wrote:Pretty good map but there is a huuuuuge bad thing about it - it's too unoptimized. I got lot's of FPS drop on this map. I have no such on 3vs3 maps so it's pretty ridiculous to see on 2v2 map. Is it possible to do something with that? Remove some unneeded object? For example there is too much grass.

No, its a prolbem with most jungle maps, if you make them look like a real jungle you need lots and lots of jungle objects and its going to lagg due to the essence engine not being very optimized.

And no, I won't remove the gras, its part of the map and the gras should not effect once fps that much.

Non other jungle map make FPS drop for me (except the jungle version of argent shelf) so i think it's not a problem to optimize this one. Also, from the other games experience, grass effects the fps a lot (and to be honest, i think the grass is the main and maybe the only problem here). But if you dont want to.. okay
Venjitron
Level 2

Postby Venjitron » Fri 26 Jun, 2015 4:00 pm

great map max really great....thanks alot
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 27 Jun, 2015 2:01 am

Thanks, means alot to me when people actually enjoy a map i made.

Even though some people mentioned that they think that Tharsis Forge is weird without being specific as to why they think its weird.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 27 Jun, 2015 5:33 am

Just as a headsup, Tharsis Forge is going to be featured in the 2v2 tournament.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 27 Jun, 2015 8:47 am

HYPE!
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Tue 14 Jul, 2015 1:34 am

Just want to add a big thankyou Max :)
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Fri 24 Jul, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks a lot and once I feel like it I'll continue working on my newest 3on3 map.

Return to “Releases”