The maps of MaxP. - Get 4P Tharsis Forge while its hot!!!

Elite (and related) releases.
Lulgrim
Admin

Re: The maps of Max Power - V1.0 of Vahalla Oilfield is up

Postby Lulgrim » Tue 21 May, 2013 6:46 pm

I like the Ca(m)pital Spire style, I always "wanted" to play on it in CR/Ret because of the look, only it was too crappy.

And I kinda quit playing actively last year so I've never really played Elite at all... I just fix/add stuff when I can. I'd still like to see fresh maps on casts though.
Raffa
Level 4

Re: The maps of Max Power - V1.1 of Vahalla Oilfield is up

Postby Raffa » Tue 21 May, 2013 8:54 pm

MaxPower wrote:2on2 - volcano style something

:P

Lulgrim wrote:I've never really played Elite at all

Wat. Uhh dude..why? You're missing out on all the fun lol
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Wed 22 May, 2013 3:24 am

typhon something or other has 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 variants.

you could always be cliche and do an ice/lava map.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 22 May, 2013 2:55 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:typhon something or other has 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 variants.

you could always be cliche and do an ice/lava map.

I think that this might look nice, but u are restricted to 8 or 10 texture sets so its kinda hard getting all the snow textures and still have enough room for the lava ones.

And I also just finished a snow map, hence i wont do another snow map right now.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
MaxPower
Contributor

Re: The maps of Max Power - V1.2 of Vahalla Oilfield is up

Postby MaxPower » Thu 23 May, 2013 3:10 pm

Anyways latest version 1.2 is up, go grab, play and criticise it and give me more feedback pls.

-> Download link <-
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Thu 23 May, 2013 8:11 pm

Found a little "problem" http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =147221496 The turret can shoot only at those asm. Tacs etc. Out of turret range and very close to the base. (sorry for my "bad" english lol)
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Fri 24 May, 2013 2:23 pm

Kvek wrote:Found a little "problem" http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =147221496 The turret can shoot only at those asm. Tacs etc. Out of turret range and very close to the base. (sorry for my "bad" english lol)

I assume that you want the turret to be closer to the base right?
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:54 pm

Yes.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Fri 24 May, 2013 8:40 pm

Kvek wrote:Yes.

Okay, done, and added some details and fixed a bug that made the map unplayable => latest version 1.4

-> Download link Version 1.4<-
MaxPower
Contributor

New map on the horizon

Postby MaxPower » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:12 am

Hiho fellas,

well I know that I didnt post anything new in quite some time, partially due to me being a lazy bum and partially because I wasn't in the mood to make a new map.

Anyways, since most people liked Indrid's revamps of Argus Desert Gate and Calderis Refinery. I thought well I could do that as well, hence I'm working on a revamp of Argent Shelf.

Last but not least, the WIP - pics ofc (just some random shots, with and without the fog)

sk4zi
Level 3

Re: The maps of Max Power - first WIP shots of my latest map

Postby sk4zi » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:53 pm

this looks really nice man :)

anyways, i would love to see a few more maps for 2on2...
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 2:35 pm

sk4zi wrote:this looks really nice man :)

anyways, i would love to see a few more maps for 2on2...

well for the time being i might try and do some 2on2 conversions of 1 or 2 3on3 maps, if that might work
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 3:17 pm

Can you do a Selenon Fissure redux? That map would be good with a few balance changes I think...
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 3:26 pm

fv100 wrote:Can you do a Selenon Fissure redux? That map would be good with a few balance changes I think...

yeah, that would be amazing. Just level it out or something, dunno why they decided to make it to favoured to one side. Levelling it out and shifting the power points around a bit could work out really nicely.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 3:32 pm

Woud love to see a 1v1 argus since in next patch there will be a 2v2 argus too :P
(if you will start with it tell me i would do some tests )
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 9:51 pm

I guess I could do all that, only thing holding me back is time. So yeah, we shall see. :)
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 12:42 am

Hossa, quick update on Ulthane Temple some random atmoshots, as well as an overview showing you whats finished and what still needs to be done.

On a side note, you should listen to Africa from Rose Lauren while watching those shots

Atmoshots - mostly stuff near the playable/nonplayable area

the mid "ramp" - "Angry Bird" made so the map isn't as imbalanced, reskinned and well added some jungle stuff.

And some VP shots

The overview

Okay, if everything goes as planned the map should be finished at the end of next week.

So yeah, tell me if u like it or not and well I'll keep you posted concerning the map.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Re: The maps of Max Power - More teaser pics of Ulthane Temp

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 1:00 am

dow2 maps don't really show up very well out of game but i happen to like argent shelf so i'm excited for this.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 3:46 am

Looks sweet, good job. Thank you very much :D.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sun 14 Jul, 2013 9:11 pm

(6p)Ulthane Temple - Version 1.3
by Max Power

-> DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.3 <-

Background

Ulthane was a Sky Angle, a Maker, far older than Heaven or Hell, and a great craftsman of legendary weapons and armor. Like all Makers, he came from heaven and brought glory and justice with him. Heralding a new era of wealth and power. To worship this divine being temples were build all around the planet. But petty rivalries turned into civil war, when brothers turned on brothers, when worshipers of the old gods fought worshipers of the new divine Maker.

Millennias have since passed and the only remains of this once powerful and wealthy culture are the temples and fanes they built to commemorate their new Maker.

Layout

Its just a "reskin" of Argent Shelf, so all the points are where they are supposed to be.

Design

Since I wasn't in the mood to make a new map, I decided to go the Indrid route and take an existing map and give it some new textures and stuff. All in all it took me about 2 Weeks to make this map (talking about the time I was actually working on the map), which means it was way faster and easier making this reskin compared to a new map like Valhalla Oilfield.

Well anways enjoy the map.

Changelog/History

• release of version 1.0 of Ulthane Temple

• fixed a graphic glitch

• changed some splats

• changed some splines
  • changed the fog a bit

Ze Pics

Natural VP

Contested VP

Req points

Natural power points

Contested power points

Some random stuff

Btw. give me feedback about the map, problems, bugs, anything that helps to improve it.

Max Power
Last edited by MaxPower on Mon 22 Jul, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Re: The maps of Max Power - DOWNLOAD Ulthane Temple NOW!

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:08 pm

Great Job on the new maps Max Power, I love the detail in these additions they look absolutely amazing.
However I have something to report.
On my sandbox test run on the map Ulthane Temple I noticed a BLOCKBLOCKBLOCK text behind the 6th starting position.

On the contrary this was the only place I noticed this Block text.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

"To divert from Tau'va is stray away from the one true path, and to stray from the one path is to walk into darkness and despair, only together, serving Tau'va can we prosper not only as an empire but as a race." -- Shas'el T'au Doran'ro
MaxPower
Contributor

Re: The maps of Max Power - DOWNLOAD Ulthane Temple NOW!

Postby MaxPower » Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:13 pm

Shas'el Doran'ro wrote:Great Job on the new maps Max Power, I love the detail in these additions they look absolutely amazing.
However I have something to report.
On my sandbox test run on the map Ulthane Temple I noticed a BLOCKBLOCKBLOCK text behind the 6th starting position.

On the contrary this was the only place I noticed this Block text.

Yeah already noticed that glitch :oops: , hence version 1.1 is up ;)

And thx for the compliments. :D
MaxPower
Contributor

Re: The maps of Max Power - DOWNLOAD Ulthane Temple 1.3 NOW!

Postby MaxPower » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 9:34 pm

Okay just a quick heads up - Ulthane Temple Version 1.3 is available

-> DOWNLOAD ULTHANE TEMPLE VERSION 1.3 <-

Also Version 2.0.0 of Tartarus Harbor is up.

-> DOWNLOAD TARTARUS HARBOR 2.0.0<-

I'm also doing an overhaul of Garzweiler, because i really dont like the map right now. ^^
MaxPower
Contributor

Some pics of Garzweiler Mine Version 1.8

Postby MaxPower » Fri 26 Jul, 2013 1:09 am

Hiho,

as I mentioned earlier I didnt like the looks of Garzweiler Mine, hence I did an overhaul of the map. I think it looks now way better and it should also play a lot better compared to the older versions of the map.

Well grab the map:

-> Download link for Garzweiler Mine Version 1.8<-

And some pics - u can compare them with the older pics i posted when i first released the map. Giving u an impression what I've changed.

MaxPower
Contributor

Re: The maps of Max Power - BUNCH OF UPDATED MAPS!

Postby MaxPower » Tue 06 Aug, 2013 6:38 pm

Hello folks,

just wanted to give u first impression of my newest map. Its a 3on3 map in the vein of claderis refinery which means that i could also do a 2on2 conversion quite easily.

Anyways ze pics:

Orkfaeller
Contributor

Postby Orkfaeller » Tue 06 Aug, 2013 6:53 pm

Huray for more Urban maps!
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 06 Aug, 2013 7:19 pm

Indeed only thing that i find rather irritating is the lack of feedback to any of my maps, which leads to 2 conclusions: 1st they are so good that everyone likes em or, and I think this is the truth, 2nd conclusion that nobody plays them. Which would lead to the question why should I even bother making new maps when nobody plays them, either because they didnt download them or because they arent in the mod yet and version 2.2 (which should include them all) is nowhere to be seen.
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Tue 06 Aug, 2013 9:34 pm

it's not easy to have your map downloaded, especially since not knowing who has what version of the map etc etc is a problem when playing with random people - as not everyone that plays elite is active on the forum. that said, i think with 2.2 release, there should be more feedback.
><%FiSH((@>
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 06 Aug, 2013 10:04 pm

Max, your maps are great- and I'm always happy to see more maps come along. The Mine map is probably one of my most favorite unique-maps in the game to be honest, because it has both indoor/outdoor actual fighting, and the general scenery(immersion) if you will, makes sense - I just like the general flow of the map.

I haven't played around with it on the latest update, I believe - but one can probably nag on Indrid to give it a spin, since it'll take abit of a coordination to get the 3v3s rolling. Besides, not having to manually install it (slapping it onto the 2.2) gives the map authors an easier time to spot the feedbacks and map issues abound from games played.

As for general rule of thumb - Just be careful with stairs in general. They're quite a big hassle. (Pathing, grenades and projectiles all act all funky on that) so you don't want fights to neccasarily be where all the stairs are at. Preferably, and subjectively - I prefer stairs to mainly serve the purpose of short-cutting, or gaining high-ground.

I'm a big fan of urban maps, I really enjoy destroyed urban lanescapes, I feel that you get a really good sense of the Warhammer 40K destruction from those terrains. (Altho, I've tried to make 2x maps or so from the objects from which you can use, and I find urban/snow to be the hardest to balance out and find appropiate stuff)

Another thing is to get funky with experimenting when making maps. It's a hit/miss siutation on this, but I was thinking of really making a 3v3 map that was design from the ground up - to be more or less extremely frentic and faced-paced. By that definition, I'm talking about not having to run for 30-50 seconds to get into the action, but more along the lines of 20-25 seconds at average. (Think more like Ruins of Argus from 2v2)

However, when designing those maps, you'll need to ensure that if one side gets pushed off completely from one side, all hope is not lost. (Resource-lanes, or "safe-resources") or possibly put up some garrison potentials for the defenders to utilize.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Wed 07 Aug, 2013 12:53 am

Go go moar maps!

You'll get more feedback when 2.2 hits. Perhaps I could put together a map update pack and release it for 2.1, since there has been a hell of a lot of new maps and map updates in the last 2-3 months.

Return to “Releases”